Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4161013)   #351
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Was it not there another issue with the Ferrari like a pit stop issue? That car went from nowhere to 2nd overall after pit stops with timed stops
No idea, the message that was put out on screen during the broadcast was "erratic driving". However you could be right because it did make up a lot of time.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4161014)   #352
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
No idea, the message that was put out on screen during the broadcast was "erratic driving"
Saw that but there was also discussion of penalty due to irregular pit stop. The commentators were talking about it
Old 9 Jun 2023, 13:35 (Ref:4161027)   #353
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Toyotats03OUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race tomorrow is gonna be a challenge for everyone, but it will be a challenge specially for Toyota, a challenge in every aspect of the race - the massive amount of competition and the weather. As the defending champions they have not been push to the limit since Porsche and Audi left. well, tomorrow they will be push to the very limit of endurance racing. Toyota doesn’t have anything to prove, but winning the race this weekend under the current level of competition, weather, ridiculous BOP and the new (nascar/IMSA style) safety cars regulations is going to put them at a level that Porsche, Audi or any other manufacture never faced before!

I really hope that the race doesn’t end up on some bs sprint to the finish because of a FCY pilling up the field!
Old 9 Jun 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4161033)   #354
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Martin View Post
Yea very poor driving standards in both races.

Just caught up with it on YT. You are not kidding! Too much adrenaline compared to talent.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 14:25 (Ref:4161041)   #355
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any news on the #3 Caddy?
Old 9 Jun 2023, 15:33 (Ref:4161059)   #356
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Safety cars and I go further, red flag is also the possibility. The amount of rain predicted is pretty big.
That would be a first.

Starting under safety car feels inevitable though.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4161078)   #357
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
No. 3 Cadillac Suffered “Minimal Damage” from Hyperpole Fire

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...yperpole-fire/
Old 9 Jun 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4161083)   #358
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYWnbvYy8UI

unrelated to the race, but amazing video by toyota press release for the GR H2 concept.

"I have no power" part makes me cry, I remember like it was yesterday!

The GR H2 looks amazing!
Old 9 Jun 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4161102)   #359
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Saw that but there was also discussion of penalty due to irregular pit stop. The commentators were talking about it
He was done for a 'short' Pit Stop.
The minimum was 2 minutes and the cars time was 1.5 something.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 21:27 (Ref:4161130)   #360
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans 2023 Practice & Qualifying Thread

I have seen a tweet saying that the Jota Porsche has been moved the back of the grid. From checking the WEC notice board an amended grid has been published - http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...%20AMENDED.pdf

Does anyone know what has happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jun 2023, 21:46 (Ref:4161132)   #361
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They didn't set a time in qualifying?
Old 9 Jun 2023, 21:47 (Ref:4161133)   #362
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am sure they where out in qualifying on Wednesday night but all there times appear to have been deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jun 2023, 22:01 (Ref:4161134)   #363
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It did three laps, but didn't set a time, but previously they had just put that to the back of Hypercar. An error in admin?

There are three cars that didn't set a time and they are all at the back - one hypercar (38), one LMP2 (13) and one GTE (777),

Good spot.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 02:49 (Ref:4161145)   #364
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm headed to bed to get an early start tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a Le Mans in many, many years! It's awesome to have so many American teams (although relatively few drivers) back and competitive! Let's go Caddy!
Old 10 Jun 2023, 03:00 (Ref:4161151)   #365
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excitement is rife here.

Go Caddy!

(Although frankly I’m up for loads of ‘em)
Old 10 Jun 2023, 03:51 (Ref:4161153)   #366
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm headed to bed to get an early start tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a Le Mans in many, many years! It's awesome to have so many American teams (although relatively few drivers) back and competitive! Let's go Caddy!
I don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep lol
Old 10 Jun 2023, 04:07 (Ref:4161154)   #367
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Some times last minute changes are good to be done, they just changed the pre start procedure, the cars will leave the grid with warmed tires (including the front row ). Go Garage 56!
Old 10 Jun 2023, 04:15 (Ref:4161155)   #368
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Blast, not gone to bed yet.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 04:23 (Ref:4161159)   #369
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I should go to bed earlier and quitt drinking, smoking and stuff, this morning I see Adam's MG moving…
Old 10 Jun 2023, 05:11 (Ref:4161163)   #370
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The on board video taken from a Porsche I was refering to seems gone for ever. May be one day or another…
Old 10 Jun 2023, 06:58 (Ref:4161172)   #371
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It did three laps, but didn't set a time, but previously they had just put that to the back of Hypercar. An error in admin?

There are three cars that didn't set a time and they are all at the back - one hypercar (38), one LMP2 (13) and one GTE (777),

Good spot.
Pretty sure we have had this situation in the recent past. No time, start at the back, which is correct. Kind of surprised they haven't stage managed this as well by putting them to the back of their respective groups, but no doubt that will be the next corruption.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 07:25 (Ref:4161175)   #372
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Pretty sure we have had this situation in the recent past. No time, start at the back, which is correct. Kind of surprised they haven't stage managed this as well by putting them to the back of their respective groups.
This is correct of course. My bet is if the body of the Aston and the cell of the LMP2 has been changed, they are no more exactly as accpeted during scrutineering, FP and Q. "They" must have an article ready for this, should it be not the case, they will invent a new one. It seems fair to me that those cars can compete IMHO.