Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jul 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3986247)   #2076
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In discussions such as this, I really miss the measured and considered of the late and much-lamented sage of Attleborough, Mike Bell.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3986251)   #2077
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Lighter note;

Why don't elephants like penguins?

Answer; ????????
Something to do with removing wrappers. If my memory is working. Or, in light of the previous area of discussion should that be removing rappers?
Old 6 Jul 2020, 14:04 (Ref:3986256)   #2078
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdeleted View Post
In discussions such as this, I really miss the measured and considered of the late and much-lamented sage of Attleborough, Mike Bell.
We all miss him and I think the particular discussion has run its course now anyway.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3986266)   #2079
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We all miss him and I think the particular discussion has run its course now anyway.
Being to blame, Peter, I concur.

Why have elephants got big ears?

Answer.?????
Old 6 Jul 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3986267)   #2080
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Because Noddy refuses to pay the ransom.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3986269)   #2081
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Because Noddy refuses to pay the ransom.
people are showing their age here.

What did he Crusader say when he saw the Saracens coming over the hill?
Old 6 Jul 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3986270)   #2082
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Trying to think of a rugby punchline
Old 6 Jul 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3986296)   #2083
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
people are showing their age here.

What did he Crusader say when he saw the Saracens coming over the hill?
Run !!!!!!
Old 6 Jul 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3986323)   #2084
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Funny place to be rugby training
Old 6 Jul 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3986326)   #2085
bauble
Veteran

England
What did the Crusader say when he saw the Saracens coming over the hill?

I wish I had not asked because the punch line is ...

Look out boys, here come the Saracens.

I know i know, that is exactly how I re-acted when my mate Eric told it to me.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3986327)   #2086
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I wish I had not asked because the punch line is ...

Look out boys, here come the Saracens.

Isn't that similar to what, and not many people know this, Michael Caine said towards the end of the film set in Africa when the the Zulus came up to the top of the hill overlooking the British troops? And was the film called Zulu?
Old 6 Jul 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3986328)   #2087
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well there really is no need to run if you only have a punchline like that. Less of a punchline, more of a feeble slap around the face with a wet lettuce line.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jul 2020, 21:00 (Ref:3986346)   #2088
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Well there really is no need to run if you only have a punchline like that. Less of a punchline, more of a feeble slap around the face with a wet lettuce line.

I expect you know some better jokes then?
Old 7 Jul 2020, 00:04 (Ref:3986367)   #2089
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Being to blame, Peter, I concur.

Answer.?????
and why do Elephants have flat feet!
Old 7 Jul 2020, 05:45 (Ref:3986385)   #2090
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If its the same type of answer to the question "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow" my answer is: depends on where the elephant comes from, Africa or Asia?
GTB, elephants have flat feet from jumping out of palm trees I've been told… From stomping out burning ducks must be acceptable!
Old 7 Jul 2020, 05:49 (Ref:3986386)   #2091
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Why castors have flat tails? EB knows the answer quite well…
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:24 (Ref:3986404)   #2092
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerard that's a difficult one. Given that I don't know what a castor is.

Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3986411)   #2093
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
We call them beavers.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3986410)   #2094
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
I expect you know some better jokes then?
Why are the soles of elephants' feet yellow?

So they can hide upside down in a bowl of custard.

You've never seen an elephant in a bowl of custard? Shows how good the disguise is.

All these jokes are very funny in the wee small hours after several glasses of good cheer. Let's pretend we're there, not kicking our heels at home. More!

Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:36 (Ref:3986415)   #2095
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Very old one, in French… Comment faire entrer quatre éléphants dans une Dauphine * toit ouvrant? Answer: on en met deux derrière et deux devant!

As to beavers there's a relation with ducks!
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:43 (Ref:3986435)   #2096
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Why are the soles of elephants' feet yellow?

So they can hide upside down in a bowl of custard.

You've never seen an elephant in a bowl of custard? Shows how good the disguise is.

All these jokes are very funny in the wee small hours after several glasses of good cheer. Let's pretend we're there, not kicking our heels at home. More!

Many, many years ago I was working at a small mixing machine, when a colleague wandered in and asked;

"What's green and got wheels?"

When I was unable to answer he said; "Grass." "Grass?"

Punchline; "I lied about the wheels."

After he left I was thinking what a stupid joke it was, not in the least bit funny .... and then I started to laugh, and laugh, and laugh, as the idea came to me .."I lied about the wheels." I still smile even now.

Why does it take six women with Post natal depression to change a light bulb?

Knock! Knock! Whose there? Wurlitzer. Wurlitzer who? ........

What time was the Chinaman's dental appointment?

A Chinaman went for a job on a building site, and the foreman put him in charge of the supplies office. Later he decided to check on the man, but when he got to the Supplies Hut the guy was no where to be seen.

The the Chinaman jumped-up from behind the counter and shouted;

Surplies , surplies!

Well you did ask.

See there are worse things than the Covid virus after all.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:41 (Ref:3986451)   #2097
S griffin
Veteran

One time a family took their dear old Granny into a nursing home. On her first day they bathed her, clothed her, fed her and finally sat her down. Suddenly she starts to lean over and so one of the nurses rushes over and straightens her. Then she starts to lean over the other way and so the nurse straightens her up again. This goes on all afternoon, until finally they can keep her still.

The next day the family comes over and asks her what she thinks of the place. “Oh it’s lovely,” she says. “The staff are friendly, the food is great and the facilities are excellent. There’s just one problem.” “What’s that?” asks the family. “They won’t let you fart!”

Thanks to my late uncle for telling me that one. Been entertaining loads of people with that joke since
Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3986456)   #2098
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:

Knock! Knock! Whose there? Wurlitzer. Wurlitzer ........
One for the money, two for the show...........................
Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3986457)   #2099
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Very old one, in French… Comment faire entrer quatre éléphants dans une Dauphine * toit ouvrant? Answer: on en met deux derrière et deux devant!

As to beavers there's a relation with ducks!

Obviously in France you have bigger elephants.

In the UK the car of choice for the joke was a British Leyland mini.

Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3986458)   #2100
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What time was the Chinaman's dental appointment?

2:30
Closed Thread