Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who takes it for you at Round 1?
Valtteri Bottas 6 13.64%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Lando Norris 27 61.36%
Alexander Albon 4 9.09%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 7 15.91%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
George Russell 0 0%
Antonio Giovinazzi 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3986316)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was clever of Leclerc to catch Checo when he was not expecting and certainly did it cleanly. Lando’s similar move later on was perhaps not quite as well executed
Old 6 Jul 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3986337)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It was a good move but was it more to do with Perez not expecting Leclerc to come up on the inside, rather than having a siesta?
Same thing for me. He should have expected it. You snooze, you lose....
Old 6 Jul 2020, 21:22 (Ref:3986347)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Same thing for me. He should have expected it. You snooze, you lose....
Maybe he figured Leclerc was too far back to make the move. Either way he lost out.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 21:50 (Ref:3986350)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For me - I wouldn't necessarily have deemed it luck.

From what I recall from the highlights, Leclerc maintained a steady pace and the positions 'came to him'.
Lando seemed to be working harder to make his gains, and actively claimed his final position when pressure was on.

That's not to take anything away from Leclerc, and may sound harsh, but it felt more like Lando made things happen for him.
I saw it the other way round! Leclerc made things happen when he was in a position to do so. Norris kind of went backwards fast early on and that stellar FL aside was perhaps fortunate to get on the podium!

That aside I was absoloutely chuffed to bits for the lad, he's doing a great job and surely will only get better!
Old 6 Jul 2020, 22:40 (Ref:3986356)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, the fact Lando outpaced his Ferrari bound team mate really says a lot. He really has raised his game and just needs to improve his racecraft and he will be a winner
Old 7 Jul 2020, 02:11 (Ref:3986378)   #31
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norris for me , kudos to Leclerc and Ocon.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 02:22 (Ref:3986381)   #32
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it wasn't for Kimi losing a tire....so I was forced to vote for Bottas.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 06:17 (Ref:3986392)   #33
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Leclerc's one on Sainz near the end was also good. Yeah, Norris certainly had the pace this weekend. I was also pleased for him. He's been getting his practice in in Esports, although the move on Pérez looked a bit like the kind of moves your mates think is on when they pick up F1 on the Playstation.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3986436)   #34
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
although the move on Pérez looked a bit like the kind of moves your mates think is on when they pick up F1 on the Playstation.
I saw that as Perez being caught napping - like he was with the similar move by LeClerc. Getting done twice like that suggests it was Perez being dopey rather than Norris being overly optimistic.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 09:41 (Ref:3986441)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I saw that as Perez being caught napping - like he was with the similar move by LeClerc. Getting done twice like that suggests it was Perez being dopey rather than Norris being overly optimistic.
On reviewing it, yeah, it looks like Norris was surprised to see that gap remain open. It appears he wasn't going to go for it at first and as Pérez slowed so much, he put his car there and then, of course, it closed at the last moment. Not as rash by Norris as I thought. Just kind of an open goal.