Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 22 Nov 2004, 14:52 (Ref:1160877)   #1
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How nice ;).

As i logged onto 10/10ths today, i found this on my main page: . .

Good idea for an international forum .
Old 22 Nov 2004, 15:28 (Ref:1160903)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Re: How nice ;).

Quote:
Originally posted by the_royksopp
As i logged onto 10/10ths today, i found this on my main page: . .

Good idea for an international forum .
Any reason why we can't have them by our name when we post?
MagnetOn, EP?????
Old 22 Nov 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1160905)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, i would like that too.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1160915)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that would be a backward step.

Would you start reading people's posts with a different perspective if their flag was there?
Old 22 Nov 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1160916)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Be careful though. If you post through an IP in say the USA, you'll get the stars and stripes. Its IP not nationality driven.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1160919)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Buh...
Nevermind...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 22 Nov 2004 at 15:49.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1160934)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - We could look at that - although if that was the case, I suspect we'd need to have a "bank" of flags and people could select their own. Not the highest thing on the priority list at the moment, but a good idea and we'll see what we can do!
Old 22 Nov 2004, 18:14 (Ref:1161045)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i wanna be english, i don't like being associated with the scottish and welsh
Old 22 Nov 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1161048)   #9
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought of that too. I dont think it'll influence anybodys perspective of reading the post. It'll just add to the feeling of this being an international forum .
Old 22 Nov 2004, 18:43 (Ref:1161069)   #10
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want a white rose
Old 22 Nov 2004, 18:47 (Ref:1161073)   #11
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A red dragon please!
Old 22 Nov 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1161128)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL
please look at the earlier posts to explain why we can't do that just now!
Old 22 Nov 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1161134)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
i wanna be english, i don't like being associated with the scottish and welsh
They don't want to be associated with the English either, that's why they have their own Assemblies!

[next bit on advice from EP in Parc Ferme! Way too revealing.]
Old 22 Nov 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1161141)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Old 22 Nov 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1161155)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It works in other forums having your chosen nationality flag by your user name and looks cool.

Something to think about.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1161168)   #16
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it! Not sure if it should be alongside each post though - in that case it should be a matter of choice, as others have said.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 21:10 (Ref:1161183)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mackmot
I want a white rose
I want a red rose
Old 22 Nov 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1161187)   #18
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The flag beside the name at logon is simply an experiment to see if our GeoIP database is working and identifying the geographical area the user is posting from. It's nothing to do with the persons nationality or regional preference.

It's highly likely that in the new version there will be nationality flags selectable as user "Avatars"
Old 22 Nov 2004, 21:14 (Ref:1161189)   #19
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the EU flag be available too? (I wish we were there. )
Old 22 Nov 2004, 21:19 (Ref:1161199)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've not decided on which flags will be implemented, it's very likely that initially only flags from the ISO country codes will be available.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 22:01 (Ref:1161253)   #21
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless I could chose, I 'd rather not have this.. (Sorry if that's negative Magneton. )

My personal identity has nothing to do with my ISP. So if I could chose UK/England/Scotland I'd be (reasonably) content but I'd also like to chose nothing because my sense of identity is too complex (or at least too likely to be misunderstood) to be summed up in a flag. Except perhaps this one:

Regards

Jim
Old 22 Nov 2004, 22:02 (Ref:1161254)   #22
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I should have added that anyone who associates me with the EU will be subject to harrassment and exile.

Love my neighbours, enjoy visiting them (and vice versa) but I'm not, repeat not, a European. A bas de Gaulle.

Jim

Last edited by JimW; 22 Nov 2004 at 22:04.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1161288)   #23
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally posted by JimW
Unless I could chose, I 'd rather not have this..
As I said:
Quote:
Originally posted by MagnetON
It's highly likely that in the new version there will be nationality flags selectable as user "Avatars"
Which means you're free to select a flag or not as your "Avatar". There may be other Avatars available and we will probably be allowing users to upload their own as long as they fit within set dimensions.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 22:44 (Ref:1161307)   #24
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by MagnetON
As I said:
. . .
Yes I know you did but I thought the point worth emphasising.

Jim
Old 22 Nov 2004, 22:55 (Ref:1161310)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
And I thought my reply was worth emphasising :P