Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Aug 2002, 12:21 (Ref:365938)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mg 1-2

The sprint race has just finished and its an MG 1-2 and win in the inderpendents as well .............

WELL DONE TO MG - TIME FOR A FEW I THINK
Old 26 Aug 2002, 13:08 (Ref:365959)   #2
Steven Gray
Rookie

Steven Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really glad Thommo didnt finish so that gives Muller another chance at the title. Good old BTCC!!!
Old 26 Aug 2002, 13:47 (Ref:365967)   #3
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yahoo!!!

Well Done MG/Reid/Hughes/WSR...
Old 26 Aug 2002, 16:08 (Ref:366027)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and now Hughes has just gone and won the feature, fantastic..................

Watch those MG's fly next season
Old 26 Aug 2002, 17:58 (Ref:366104)   #5
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Complete disaster for Thompson. 0 points from the weekend.

Thompson 161
Muller 157 (doesn't deserve title)
Neal 135
Reid 125
Priaulx 99
Hughes 93
Old 26 Aug 2002, 18:07 (Ref:366108)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why doesn't Yvan deserve it? He's worked as hard as anyone else, personally I don't mind who's champ, Muller or Thommo are good guys.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 18:24 (Ref:366114)   #7
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that's a nice suprise. So now only Proton needs to score a win and we'll be complete. I guess this puts a lot of pressure on Proton now?
Old 26 Aug 2002, 18:56 (Ref:366143)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget the Pugs. Though they did have a podium today and weren't too far off the lead in the feature race.

Fantastic racing, Muller putting Tommo in the gravel at Druids in the Feature race as he exited the pits. Safety car played havoc with some peoples strategies, Reid lost out big time as he had to wait another lap after Warren pitted. Highest placed Asta was only 4th, makes a change doesn't it!

As for the proddies, Simon sweeped it up for Edenbridge, got a nice tap from a Proton around paddock which he held brilliantly...somehow! Managed to recover from losing the lead though! Boardman ran strongly in the feature before being punted off by a Tourer.

Hyla Breese had an engine blow in race one.... didn't make race 2, Jim got a great view of the Barwell Astras getting in a tangle, apparantly Chilton got sideways, Slight backed off suddenly and Jim touched him...or something, amyway Aaron wasn't too happy it seems and there was a garage confrontation. Funnily enough the two teams pits were side by side... Ooer! Jim had a pretty good 2nd race, made a couple of moves going into Druids which kept us happy, ended up 5th I think.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:08 (Ref:366157)   #9
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reports make it sound good - am looking forward to the TV coverage next weekend.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:20 (Ref:366172)   #10
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the race report, Paul. Sounds like it's been a good day
So, down to the final rounds for the title decider then. Should be interesting!!!
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:26 (Ref:366179)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry its not the most complete report, I'm a bit tired at the moment and there's so much to remember!
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:33 (Ref:366185)   #12
MGF
Racer

Sorry if I tread on anyone's toes here but I agree with Hakkiman.... I just think that Thommo Deserves the title more.....

There has been a lot of hype surrounding Muller for a long time now, and while I aknowledge his abilities as a driver, I just think that he is over rated when compared with James Thompson, Matt Neal or Anthony Reid..... Sorry, but there it is.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:42 (Ref:366192)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Listen to the whole of the first race, which sounded really good, didn't here too much of the 2nd too busy setting up new PC but I can not wait to see the TV coverage
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:58 (Ref:366204)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Complete disaster for Thompson. 0 points from the weekend.
Worse than that. He lost 5 points for an engine change.

Carrie, you should have been there. It was probably the best pair of races all year. Hopefully they've managed to catch most of it on the TV.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 20:01 (Ref:366205)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The Muller/Thompson clash was a pure racing accident. Muller came out of the pits on cold tyres a nano second ahead of his team mate. James tried to go around the outside of Yvan at Druids and came unstuck when Yvan locked his wheels and the two collided. I have always been a Muller fan and I may have given James a hard time in the past but I genuinely don't mind which of the pair wins this year - they BOTH deserve it. I don't see why Thommo deserves it more than Muller - could that be a bit of nationalism creeping in there folks ? Whoever wins I am looking forward to the battle commencing at Donington - bring it on!

It was also fantastic to see the MG running the whole weekend at the front and realising that Vauxhall have not had a win for three races! Next season really promises to be special.

Shame obviously for Hyla - this time a conrod through the block - but at least he got a decent amount of time in the car at last. Jim was suffering with a fuel surge problem in race one and was caught up in an accident started by Tom Chilton and Aarron Slight. The latter came to ask what happened and left with a flea in his ear... all good fun.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 20:01 (Ref:366206)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Ah yes, redshoes your mental arithmetic was spot on earlier!
Old 26 Aug 2002, 20:03 (Ref:366208)   #17
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes

Carrie, you should have been there. It was probably the best pair of races all year.
I wanted to be there, believe me
Old 26 Aug 2002, 20:39 (Ref:366228)   #18
Steven Gray
Rookie

Steven Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yvan for champion!!
Might I just add this will be one of the first times Yvan will qualify this year with no ballest YESSSSSS!!!
Old 26 Aug 2002, 20:43 (Ref:366234)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And also Thompson's, Steven.. So at least for the Sprint Race at Donington it's all equal for Muller and Thompson...
bring it on!
Old 27 Aug 2002, 13:04 (Ref:366590)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Craig, from where I was it looked like Muller ran Tommo off the track at Druids. I went over to look at the tyre marks after the race and there are only skids for Tommo, very little for Muller. Sorry, but I honestly believe Tommo was taken out by his team mate.

Tommo was in a foul mood after the off and left the car in the gravel and stormed off back to the pits.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 14:01 (Ref:366623)   #21
MGF
Racer

Perhaps its something that he (Muller) caught off of Plato??
Old 27 Aug 2002, 14:10 (Ref:366630)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I am not surprised he was in a foul mood! I may be wrong - and I am more than happy to admit it if the TV coverage says otherwise - but from where I was standing I am 99% certain that there was a huge plume of tyre smoke from the number 2 car. His post race comments back this up.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 14:13 (Ref:366634)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well it looked like the tyre smoke came from Tommo's car Craig as his were the longest of the skids by far. I only saw the last part as you can imagine from where I was standing but when I chatted to Don over at post 5 afterwards, it certainly looked like Muller took Tommo out. Whether it were on purpose or not is another matter
Old 27 Aug 2002, 14:30 (Ref:366647)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well that point I am not arguing - everyone who was there could see that Muller had him off! But it was an accident in my mind and not reminiscent of the Plato/Muller incident at Silverstone last year.

I am sure that Yvan feels bad about it and has apologised to James. This will not help his championship bid of course but I hope it is accepted that it was an accident - not some re-enactment of a Senna/Prost manoueveure.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 15:28 (Ref:366688)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
It would be interesting to klnow what the stewards made of it after the written reports from the Observers on post. Needless to say, taking your team mate out never looks good on the telly the week afterwards and I'm sure there will be more said on the matter, probably behind closed doors at 888 racing