Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2476644)   #601
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does this spare tub belong to Speedy?

http://www.pitlane-vision.com/plugin...-3-img_010.jpg

Whats that black box attached to the roof for?

http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L.../Samedi_03.jpg

Whats with the "wall"?

http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L.../Samedi_04.jpg

Thanks
Tom.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2476648)   #602
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
My guess is to create an airtight cockpit to improve the efficiency of the aircon.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2476660)   #603
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
My guess is to create an airtight cockpit to improve the efficiency of the aircon.
Yes, it was added to reduce the size of the area that needed to be cooled by the Aircon thus allowing Porsche to use a smaller, lighter aircon unit.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2476715)   #604
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Yes, it was added to reduce the size of the area that needed to be cooled by the Aircon thus allowing Porsche to use a smaller, lighter aircon unit.
Hmm, can't say I'm a big fan of that, suppose it gives them parity with the F430's that have that size of cockpit because of the original shape of the car but that seems for me a step too far away from what is supposed to be very much a production based class.
Thanks very much to the links to the pics folks, that Essex Porsche looks stunning, roll on Thursday!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2476826)   #605
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Yes, Its yellow front, black rear with a big cropped Dunlop logo on it. I did see it online yesterday (hence why I'm talking about it), but I cant find the link.

So, have a question. Do we know the line up for the No 74 IMSA/Felbermayr Porsche?

DSC has Felbermayr Jr, Ried and Cruz Martins
Planet Le Mans has Felbermayr Jr, Felbermayr Sr and LeCourt
ACO - Blank!

help, that and the side view of the Team Essex are my major problems for the guide at the moment.
The PLM version was certainly the last I found. I don't know where DSC got their version - but I'm never one to argue against what DSC thinks it should be!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2476847)   #606
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A few weeks ago, someone posed a question about Hugh Chamberlain being missing from Le Mans for the first time for many years. If I remember rightly, last year's race was his 23rd as an entrant. A comment was made by someone in reply hinting that Hugh would definitely be there, even if there was no entry in his name. So, running the risk (as always) of having missed something very obvious - will Hugh be there? - and if so, in what capacity?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2476965)   #607
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Yes, Its yellow front, black rear with a big cropped Dunlop logo on it. I did see it online yesterday (hence why I'm talking about it), but I cant find the link.

So, have a question. Do we know the line up for the No 74 IMSA/Felbermayr Porsche?

DSC has Felbermayr Jr, Ried and Cruz Martins
Planet Le Mans has Felbermayr Jr, Felbermayr Sr and LeCourt
ACO - Blank!

help, that and the side view of the Team Essex are my major problems for the guide at the moment.
It is definatly the Felbermayrs and Lecourt, for some reason DSC have just copied the Driver lineup of the 2nd Felbermayr car in the LMS.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2477016)   #608
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
It is definatly the Felbermayrs and Lecourt, for some reason DSC have just copied the Driver lineup of the 2nd Felbermayr car in the LMS.

dsc copied a previously released edition of an official drivers list - incorrectly as it turned out!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2477117)   #609
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JLOC Lamborghini at Le Mans: JLOC

Their site doesn't clarify who's in the car. There's a page with the team details and the section for drivers for the Le Mans race says TBA. However, the full season for Super GT only includes Yamanishi, and Yamanishi's personal website has a banner saying Super GT and Le Mans: http://www.koji-yamanishi.com/ But there is a section on the home page which seems to mention next events and it only mentions a competition after Le Mans!

I see that ACO, DSC and EI all say Yamagishi.

Old 8 Jun 2009, 01:56 (Ref:2477364)   #610
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
dsc copied a previously released edition of an official drivers list - incorrectly as it turned out!
same list I had a while back, now the ACO just removed the names. anyway all sorted, thanks for everyone's help!
Old 8 Jun 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2477376)   #611
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
JLOC Lamborghini at Le Mans: JLOC

Their site doesn't clarify who's in the car. There's a page with the team details and the section for drivers for the Le Mans race says TBA. However, the full season for Super GT only includes Yamanishi, and Yamanishi's personal website has a banner saying Super GT and Le Mans: http://www.koji-yamanishi.com/ But there is a section on the home page which seems to mention next events and it only mentions a competition after Le Mans!

I see that ACO, DSC and EI all say Yamagishi.

According to AUTOSPORT(Japanese edition), The 3rd driver of JLOC is Yutaka Yamagishi.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2477461)   #612
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a late change at Barazi-Epsilon Roland Berville is out and Phil Bennett is in.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2477464)   #613
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
There is a late change at Barazi-Epsilon Roland Berville is out and Phil Bennett is in.

Source Rob?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2477466)   #614
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSC
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2477500)   #615
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
confirmed by auto hebdo
http://www.autohebdo.fr/endurance/le...tt-chez-barazi
Old 8 Jun 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2477574)   #616
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yamagishi makes sense because T2M are helping JLOC out and he drove for T2M 2 years ago, so I'm guessing there might be a link there

Phil Bennett's a surprise. Has he ever done Le Mans before?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2477601)   #617
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Yamagishi makes sense because T2M are helping JLOC out and he drove for T2M 2 years ago, so I'm guessing there might be a link there

Phil Bennett's a surprise. Has he ever done Le Mans before?
He had several runs in the Kruse LMP2 Courage in 2005, including Le Mans

http://www.brdc.co.uk/brdcarchive.cf.../member_id/156

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-06-19-030.jpg

Think that was his only LM appearance?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2477610)   #618
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
with Phil Bennet this team has a better line up then with mr. Berville in the car, there are certainly worse teams in LMP-2 this year.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2477677)   #619
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
spotter guide online, but without the Phil Bernett update for now
Old 8 Jun 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2477824)   #620
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some really good looking cars this year. Woo, only a week to go. At the same time I want it to come but on the other hand if it does that means very soon we'll have to wait another 365 days for the next thrill haha

More photos at EI
Old 8 Jun 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2477827)   #621
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Some really good looking cars this year. Woo, only a week to go. At the same time I want it to come but on the other hand if it does that means very soon we'll have to wait another 365 days for the next thrill haha

More photos at EI
364, as Le Mans last 1 day
Old 8 Jun 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2477831)   #622
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
364, as Le Mans last 1 day
Give a day, take a day, it's still a painful experience!

There's a lot of talk about who's staying where, etc, but then there's the ones who are 'stuck' at home for the race. How many are we? Yes, we, because I'm in that group.
I'll be roaming these boards throughout the race.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2477994)   #623
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Does this spare tub belong to Speedy?

http://www.pitlane-vision.com/plugin...-3-img_010.jpg
I have been wondering about this. Has the ACO said bring it along incase of a late pull out or are Sebah just making sure they have a spare tub incase of a big crash?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2478008)   #624
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would expect the latter. I'm pretty sure there's never been any talk of a second Speedy car whatsoever - the second Epsilon was at least on the reserve list last year.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 04:52 (Ref:2478105)   #625
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are already 2 Speedy cars. I did not know they had a 3rd tub - actually, I am pretty sure they don;t.

Is the tub maybe Racing Box's second? It would make sense to bring a spare, and all the bodywork has probably been jacked for the race chassis.

Tags
2009 le mans entries