Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2009, 02:28 (Ref:2487996)   #651
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I found out at Le Mans that Hexis had entered a DBR9 in GT1 , but were refused an entry .

And , the Lambo , was the same chassis that was crashed at Le mans in 2007 , with a road car arse end grafted onto it for 2009 . The team (T2M) were led to believe that they were supposed to be running the latest spec chassis and the ACO were led to believe the same thing too . The team said that when they finally got their hands on the car not one single nut & bolt was tight !!!

That shower of XXXXXXX ..... they should be banned for all their bull !!!

They got in because of promotion for the new Asian LM series was the story .

That is absolutely pathetic. I read somewhere else that the car was entered only to increase the car's value back in Japan and the team was smiling when the car was brought in after only one lap on Saturday afternoon. And during the night practice/qualfiying sessions they taped torches onto the side of the car to light up the car number to meet regs. There is a photo out there that shows it.

I cant see them doing well in the Asia LM series with that attitude. The cars half a roadcar, why would anyone in their right mind want to buy this car? If you want a Murcielago with pedigree buy one from Reiter.

Disgraceful. Larbre or Hexis should've got that entry.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2488055)   #652
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Larbe got pretty well publicaly slapped in the face .

I was told that their place on the reserve entry list was because of promises made with respect to their 2008 LMS campaign . First they withdrew their entry and then said that they would return later in the year , but didnt .

Just a bit of ACO politics I suppose !!!
Old 22 Jun 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2488646)   #653
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was particularly disappointed with the JLOC (lack of) effort. When the entry list was released, I was happy to see 2 Lambos on it. In the end, one withdrew and the other would have probably done better if it hadn't turned up.

There seems to be a developing annual tradition of a good team being let down by an appalling car. First Racing Box with the Lucchini last year, now T2M this year.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2489657)   #654
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I guess this is where we miss the pre-qualifying/ test weekend...
Old 30 Jun 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2493812)   #655
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well....I did make a thread discussing my disgust with JLOC. These "car salesmen", that's what they were, not racers, kept a legendary team out of the event.

Shame on ACO for accepting their entry.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2493960)   #656
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have to agree with lam pak re the 'asian' porsche - they could have at least put some japenese drivers in the car.

JLOC join the shambolic league with lucchini, spinaeker & the zakspeed porsche gt1-98.

At least crapboxes from the likes of welter, debora etc... Had some passion behind them.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2493995)   #657
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
JLOC disgrace -

Just trying to remember without my notes : did the team do better in 2007 with the same car ?

When you listen RLM report after the JLOC retirement, you hear Paul Thruswell saying "shock horror" about it... the opinion of many I think...
Old 30 Jun 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2493999)   #658
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
JLOC 2007 : Yamanishi at the wheel acomplished only one lap, and the car retired with a transmission failure... 2009 : bis repetita placent...

Endurance race anyone ? O tempora O mores !
Old 30 Jun 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2494031)   #659
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
i have to agree with lam pak re the 'asian' porsche - they could have at least put some japenese drivers in the car.

JLOC join the shambolic league with lucchini, spinaeker & the zakspeed porsche gt1-98.

At least crapboxes from the likes of welter, debora etc... Had some passion behind them.
Zakspeed was a tyre issue , not a chassis or engine problem and support for a 3rd and 4th car for the race was minimal .

Why japanese drivers ? Might as well have been who they were !!!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2494058)   #660
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Just don't understand why a racer like Marco Apicella wants to drive for them. This surely can't do his future any good, though I hope I'm wrong on this.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2494084)   #661
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Future? He is 43...
Old 30 Jun 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2494159)   #662
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I'd bizarrely got it into my head that the JLOC had managed more than one lap in 2007 - but I'll cheerfully bow to the documentary evidence to the contrary. I joked at the start that when the Lambo went past it was worth noticing as we probably wouldn't see it again - the kudos I got for my prescience was the sort I'd rather not have had.

I've long defended diversity and applauded those that have a go with passion, but JLOC isn't there. They kept plenty of worthy entrants out - WR in particular - and diversity is only good if it puts on a show. Parked after one lap doesn't do it for me. Sticking to the Japanese vein, there's a world of difference between this lot and Tokai University, who told a good story, seemed full of enthusiasm last year, and kept having a bash.

Marco Apicella is one of those drivers who deserves a more, although his career has been typified by tilting at windmills, and maybe JLOC is a continuance of that.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 05:50 (Ref:2494280)   #663
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Future? He is 43...
Does that mean he too old to drive the coming years? 43 is not too bad considering the age of some fellow competitors.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2494354)   #664
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Are there at least any pics of how the JLOC car looks?
Old 1 Jul 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2494437)   #665
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
http://www.****cars.de/wp-content/20...0709260134.jpg
Old 1 Jul 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2494463)   #666
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The JLOC were garaged next to the JMW Dunlop Ferrari. I was joking with teh guys that they could expect a clear exit from their pit by the end of the first stint. I didn't expect it to be one LAP!

I have a picture of it on the puta at home, but not here.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2494778)   #667
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
know what we photographed practice, quali and race, and between me and the other guy we shot over 10,000 frames...and i can't actually recall seeing the car other than lined up on the grid.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 04:02 (Ref:2494838)   #668
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The ACO website has a gallery.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...photos_gb.html

From the link click on the 'all the teams' tab and scroll down to JLOC.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2495008)   #669
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The ACO website has a gallery.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...photos_gb.html

From the link click on the 'all the teams' tab and scroll down to JLOC.
Well surprise - surprise, it actually was there!! I really feel bad for all the drivers, they can't have known this would be such a joke entry! Or could they?

DK
Old 2 Jul 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2495171)   #670
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quoting (more or less) RLM, the team was "laughing and slapping themselves in the back" at 3.15pm after the lap of the shame... leading Paul Thruswell to say "shock horror"...
Old 2 Jul 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2495226)   #671
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
Quoting (more or less) RLM, the team was "laughing and slapping themselves in the back" at 3.15pm after the lap of the shame... leading Paul Thruswell to say "shock horror"...
I suspect, given it was the T2M folks who got screwed over that were running the car, that it was rather more sarcastic and mirthful a celebration than it at first appeared. They were told they'd be running a racecar and ended up fielding a turd.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2495230)   #672
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Looking at the car.....it does look like they did a very good job making it look legit from afar. Upon closer look however, the side windows do not have the slots other race cars do. This is a big red flag to me.

Also, the back of the car does have the correct wing and diffuser, but the lights look like they've been changed, and the exhaust tips look like they're off a diablo.

The biggest tell-tale sigh to me may be the silver on the car. It looks pretty and stylish, but is this also from a road car??

It honestly looks like someone's car had to be scrapped to rebuild this junk. They should've checked the carfax on it.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2495245)   #673
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Bear in mind that the car was scrutineered
Old 3 Jul 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2495263)   #674
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Well, If thats the case, LAA will be back with a vette that's half a road car...
Old 6 Oct 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2555027)   #675
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
For those who may not have seen it before, here is JLOC actually moving, on track...

Last edited by Tim the Grey; 6 Oct 2009 at 09:25. Reason: Add image!

Tags
2009 le mans entries