Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Oct 2007, 07:23 (Ref:2031657)   #76
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were not that far behind, even with a driver line-up which is not as quick and experienced as Oreca (although a driver like Cioci is not to be underestimated). After Monza where they had their "first racing contact" and some teething issues, the rest of the year they were running really strong through the weekends and very often ahead of the Astons and Vettes. Without browsing through my LMS lap charts I cannot give you exact times but I was positively impressed. Again, getting a Lucchini-Judd to be competitive in LMP2 with the current performance of Lolas and Zyteks will be a very different ball game, also because the Lucchini needs quite some development imho.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:25 (Ref:2031801)   #77
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"quite some development" i think is being kind
Old 7 Oct 2007, 01:18 (Ref:2033376)   #78
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Horag is confirmed in an RS. link

L.P.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 15:43 (Ref:2034051)   #79
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are there any rumors of the GT2 Corvette coming to Europe in the hands of say PeKa Racing or Carsport Holland? Both have some traditional ties to Corvette. How about Callaway having some interest? Would be interesting!

DK
Old 7 Oct 2007, 17:06 (Ref:2034119)   #80
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
Are there any rumors of the GT2 Corvette coming to Europe in the hands of say PeKa Racing or Carsport Holland? Both have some traditional ties to Corvette. How about Callaway having some interest? Would be interesting!

DK
Have not heard of any, but it is early in the program. Lou has given a ball park figure for what one would cost. I think the most likely team in Europe to be interested in a GM 'sanctioned' GT-2 Corvette would be Markland Racing or maybe GPC. Callaway is a builder, so I truly do not see anything there.

L.P.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2034139)   #81
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Markland Racing did not ask help from GM or Pratt&Miller for the creation of their current Corvette GT2 car. Why would they do that now
Old 7 Oct 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2034157)   #82
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Markland Racing did not ask help from GM or Pratt&Miller for the creation of their current Corvette GT2 car. Why would they do that now
Did not ask or was not answered? I don't know maybe the facts of; of the 4 races they have been in they have only reached classification in 1, in that 1 they were 16 laps off of the class winner and are about 5 to 7 seconds slower than most everyone in class. While I applaud their effort, I would think that if they have an opportunity to be better they would take it. And IMO the 'sanctioning' of the LGM/Riley project means nothing but good things for the project. Though I could be wrong! Just my opinion.

L.P.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 19:56 (Ref:2034270)   #83
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
did not ask, I know that from the horse's mouth
Old 7 Oct 2007, 21:10 (Ref:2034352)   #84
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Markland's effort seemed somewhat sub-par to be kind. I was not impressed. They did not seem to able to get many laps out of their car at any event as Horndawg has pointed out. I just think PeKa or Carsport would do a much better job.

DK
Old 8 Oct 2007, 09:19 (Ref:2034767)   #85
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
Markland's effort seemed somewhat sub-par to be kind. I was not impressed. They did not seem to able to get many laps out of their car at any event as Horndawg has pointed out. I just think PeKa or Carsport would do a much better job.

DK
A good team supported by P&M will certainly do a better job imho (this includes Markland).
Old 8 Oct 2007, 15:10 (Ref:2035007)   #86
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Mariantic ..... Possibility of BMS changing to LMS with 2 new 997 .

Racingworld .it - Autorlando running 1 997 in LMS & GPC likely to stick with F430 .
Old 10 Oct 2007, 15:13 (Ref:2036932)   #87
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to a French site - lemans.maville.com - Epsilon Euskadi will show her brand new Epsilon Euskadi ee1-LMP1 on January with a Judd GV 5.5l. Objective: Le Mans 2008. Le Mans Series??? Nothing has been said about it...

here is the original article

Photos on the official site
Old 10 Oct 2007, 15:38 (Ref:2036952)   #88
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a bit about the Epsilon Euskadi in a RCE a while ago but apart from that I haven't heard too many noises either.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2036989)   #89
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
I thought that the Spyders were commisioned by PMNA. (?) And therefore property of such. (?)

L.P.
Pretty sure that commissioned by and owned by are different things in this situation. The design and initial production was certainly motivated by a request (or what have you) by PMNA, but the design and fabrication itself was performed in Weissach by Porsche AG. I'm pretty sure that it would be them that sell the cars too. I forget what the deal with Penske is in terms of what is provided rather than paid for, but I suspect that is where the PMNA operational contribution now lies. The customer cars are made, somewhat to order I think, in Weissach, so I imagine it is they who get paid, and consequently they who would repossess any chassis not completely paid for (eg. CET's according to some). This is all less or more informed conjecture though, not fact or gospel.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 21:33 (Ref:2037277)   #90
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Barazi Epsilon announce all-Danish LMP2 Zytek effort for LMS & Le Mans - presumably in addition to Vergers/Ojjeh Gulf car? EI
Old 11 Oct 2007, 05:45 (Ref:2037406)   #91
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Indeed, 2 cars in 2008, Zytek is adding more later on...stay tuned!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 06:50 (Ref:2037423)   #92
Robert RS
Rookie

Netherlands
Veenendaal
Robert RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
- but the design and fabrication itself was performed in Weissach by Porsche AG. I'm pretty sure that it would be them that sell the cars too.

- The customer cars are made, somewhat to order I think, in Weissach, so I imagine it is they who get paid
Having the order form about a metre away from me in my files, I can confirm that you are correct on both accounts.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 20:28 (Ref:2042161)   #93
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Barazi Epsilon announce all-Danish LMP2 Zytek effort for LMS & Le Mans - presumably in addition to Vergers/Ojjeh Gulf car? EI
Ojjeh is reported to be out at Barazi Epsilon next year. I am probably wrong but he seems to be the Gulf Oil connection (no pun intended) as he was with BPR under the Gulf banner (?) and if so will it go with Ojjeh to a different team?

L.P.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 22:28 (Ref:2042265)   #94
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Ojjeh is indeed Gulf and TAG Heuer sponsorship DAWG
Old 22 Oct 2007, 00:35 (Ref:2047258)   #95
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like we can add Audi to the list, Dr Ulrich said on the Speed ALMS broadcast they want to run cars in the ALMS and LMS.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 09:54 (Ref:2047615)   #96
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
was he? I understood it more as another chapter in the "put pressure on IMSA" series... I hope it comes through, though, a whole season of Audi vs Peugeot could be the breakthrough the LMS needs in many areas.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 15:11 (Ref:2048038)   #97
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I took it as absolutely guaranteed to run in the LMS, he said they want to run in series that accept the R10, naming the LMS.

In addition they also want to run in the ALMS again, but only if ACO rules are fully implemented (obviously open to discussin)

Some argue why would they run in Europe when they sell 70% disels already, well all the more reason to maintain their market share, especially against large diesel rivals like Peugeot.

Last edited by JAG; 22 Oct 2007 at 15:17.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2048073)   #98
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Well I took it as absolutely guaranteed to run in the LMS, he said they want to run in series that accept the R10, naming the LMS.

In addition they also want to run in the ALMS again, but only if ACO rules are fully implemented (obviously open to discussin)

Some argue why would they run in Europe when they sell 70% disels already, well all the more reason to maintain their market share, especially against large diesel rivals like Peugeot.
I would agree, while no one was running a diesel in the LMS that they could press in the emerging market (N. America). But now that Peugeot is running diesels (and successfully) in the LMS, that it would be foolhardy of them not to compete and let Peugeot have the unchallenged media coverage. IMO.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 22 Oct 2007 at 15:37.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 17:29 (Ref:2048160)   #99
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Pretty sure that commissioned by and owned by are different things in this situation. The design and initial production was certainly motivated by a request (or what have you) by PMNA, but the design and fabrication itself was performed in Weissach by Porsche AG. I'm pretty sure that it would be them that sell the cars too. I forget what the deal with Penske is in terms of what is provided rather than paid for, but I suspect that is where the PMNA operational contribution now lies. The customer cars are made, somewhat to order I think, in Weissach, so I imagine it is they who get paid, and consequently they who would repossess any chassis not completely paid for (eg. CET's according to some). This is all less or more informed conjecture though, not fact or gospel.
The sale/disposition/possession/distribution of Spyders in NA is the concern (headache) of the executives and staff at PMNA, I believe.

"To order" in the sense that none are built before an order is recieved (no "spec" cars as they would say in new home building, meaning built on speculation of future sales). NOT "to order" in the ability to specify anything different in the car (upgrade CD player, metallic paint, ski bag option...LOL).
Old 24 Oct 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2050341)   #100
JAG
Veteran

England
Who other than Joest could run R10's in the LMS?

Would Audi UK be interested?