Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jun 2023, 16:46 (Ref:4165852)   #876
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I have a good bloke former vice ch of France Karting 250 totally dedicated to his son racing career (ask any schrink, its identified…). Curently they are refurbishing a HFF but budget-wise they are reaching the limit. Wilcox crank and valves, camshaft dunno-the-name and the like. When it came to the suspensions, they designed better than new hubs and made moke-ups using 3D (like delta…). Everything was sent to China and they are very happy with all the CNC job done. Sometimes it works fine. Buuuut you have to be very carefull…
Old 8 Jul 2023, 14:54 (Ref:4167199)   #877
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The Alfa Revival Cup grid at Monza this weekend looks great. Arese museum must have some empty spaces atm I guess. Many cars entered under the Schuderia del Bordello banner…
Old 12 Jul 2023, 08:04 (Ref:4168028)   #878
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Back from Spain for a while and popped into one of my local pubs at the weekend to film a group of old codgers showing that they can still do it. Just relax and listen to it on a decent sound system for 10 minutes
https://youtu.be/7AlK3a4vTuU
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jul 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4168125)   #879
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent Gordon! It's not often good musicianship and good singing go together!
Old 12 Jul 2023, 22:49 (Ref:4168161)   #880
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Agreed - really enjoyed that - thanks
Old 12 Jul 2023, 23:24 (Ref:4168165)   #881
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Excellent Gordon! It's not often good musicianship and good singing go together!
I do film a lot of bands but mostly in Spain, however these guys have been playing in different bands for over 40 years in my area in the UK so I think they know how to play and sing in tune. They very rarely play together as "Duck Soup" and I have only filmed them once before in the last 10 years.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Jul 2023, 21:32 (Ref:4168303)   #882
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did some of them play as Gambler or Cobweb Gordon? Red Cow Tudeley, long time ago but familiar faces. Great sound.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 23:15 (Ref:4168306)   #883
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very easy on the ear. So good I listened yesterday and again today. Thanks Gordon.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4168363)   #884
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Did some of them play as Gambler or Cobweb Gordon? Red Cow Tudeley, long time ago but familiar faces. Great sound.
Blimey Colin that's going back in time !! I think the Nigel Bagge (extreme right) may have played in Gambler ? However all of them would have been in loads of bands on and off over the last 50 years !
I like it when they just turn up for the night and make good sounds/vocals without having to rehearse together at all .
Just one more quickie https://youtu.be/0L5ikCokyGg
Old 14 Jul 2023, 13:16 (Ref:4168365)   #885
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Very easy on the ear. So good I listened yesterday and again today. Thanks Gordon.
Cheers mate, I try to get the sound as good as I can as it is as important as the visuals, I do it by recording the audio separately either by microphones, or plugging into the mixer (if I can) and sync it in editing.
I was thinking the other day that when I was leaving school I was asked by the careers officer what I wanted to do, as I was making films on 16 & 8mm and was the projectionist at school I said " I want to be a racing driver and make films" ! apart from being a car mechanic for 60 years I have actually achieved it
Old 14 Jul 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4168405)   #886
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yeepee! Fourteenth of July ya no…
Old 14 Jul 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4168406)   #887
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see it is our resident Frenchman's Birthday today, so just to say Je souhaite ?* Gérard un Joyeux Anniversaire et bien d'autres.

Last edited by E.B; 14 Jul 2023 at 17:05.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 17:02 (Ref:4168407)   #888
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci Mon Ami Chris.

Que le champagne coule a flots, faites venir des damoiselles … et des damoiseaux! Il y en aura pour tout le monde.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 17:51 (Ref:4168418)   #889
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Red Cow was a favourite of ours although a bit of a trek in my mum's mini when I had to extort any loose change from my mates to buy 50p of petrol to get there. Gambler did a lot of Eagles stuff I think and they were always a bit special. Tell them that when you see them again Gordon please. I think they released a single which would have ended up in my late friend's collection as I gave him a lot of my vinyl when we packed in our mobile disco. Probably all around 1975. I think they later played at the Woodman near 4 Elms after their name change, but the memory is a bit murky now!
Old 14 Jul 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4168434)   #890
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now here's an interesting thing. Perusing my latest copy of "Revolution" ( that electronic MSUK magazine no one else reads) I see that a Karting Dad squared up to people at an Independent karting championship. However the organisers squealed to the MSUK and the dad was hauled up before the beaks and chap lost his MSUK licence.

First time I've heard of behaviour away from an MSUK event being held against you.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 14 Jul 2023, 22:17 (Ref:4168449)   #891
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just in case anyone is (was!) going to the Goodwood FOS tomorrow:

https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/...your-day/faqs/
Old 15 Jul 2023, 01:41 (Ref:4168459)   #892
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Another great clip, Gordon...and I went on to listen to their La Grange Then led on to the Owls' Brown Sugar but that didn't seem to have the energy, somehow.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 05:27 (Ref:4168463)   #893
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Belated birthday wishes Gerard.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 06:38 (Ref:4168464)   #894
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci de tout coeur, Monsieur Peter Mallett, je suis fier et honoré de recevoir those wishes coming from a true Gentleman. Merci encore, Monsieur Peter Mallett.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 07:16 (Ref:4168467)   #895
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And a late happy birthday from me Monsieur Gerard
Old 15 Jul 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4168469)   #896
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No, no, its not late here, perfect timing as on usual. Merci Robert. Will be "watching" you and Iain doing well at Paul Ricard.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 07:43 (Ref:4168470)   #897
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
No, no, its not late here, perfect timing as on usual. Merci Robert. Will be "watching" you and Iain doing well at Paul Ricard.
A belated joyeux anniversaire Gerard!

We were out all day, so missed it. At the huge annual Brocante in Montreuil all day , then my village 'do' in the evening, which really was very good, ending with some spectacular fireworks.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 08:13 (Ref:4168472)   #898
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci, mon cher John. Regards to Michèle.

Just sayin', I assume you're talking about Montreuil-sur-Mer because in our not so good parisian region "les puces de Montreuil" have a bad and well deserved reputation! Even worse than Pigalle!
Old 15 Jul 2023, 08:50 (Ref:4168475)   #899
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Merci, mon cher John. Regards to Michèle.

Just sayin', I assume you're talking about Montreuil-sur-Mer because in our not so good parisian region "les puces de Montreuil" have a bad and well deserved reputation! Even worse than Pigalle!
Montreuil-sur-Mer (actually, it isn't anymore!) for sure.

Did you see 'Carte d'Histoire' the other night, filmed in this area & all places I know. It was interesting to see Montreuil from the air & get an idea of the size of the battlements. It is on the Canche too, which has become quite a big river by that stage. I live at the other end of it, where it is just a trickle coming out of the ground.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4168480)   #900
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci pour cette information, mon cher John, "prise a la source" as should, coming from a wise and well informed journalist. I know its not next to your door but you could consider paying a visit to Amiens and have a ride on the Hortillonnages, standing between History, tradition and impressionist painters. So romantic. https://www.somme-tourisme.com/amien...rdins-sur-leau