Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2002, 13:54 (Ref:362057)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NELSON PIQUET birthday

Last saturday, 50 years old, the big mouth...

He was at Fortaleza's circuit in the northeastern state of Ceará, running his son's team in Sudam F3. The boy gifted his father with the pople position and a start to finish win. The celebration was held at the circuit with the presence of his 7 sons.

At the occasion, as usual, a reporter asked Piquet to express his opinion about Michael Schumacher : "He's the best, in a class of his own. Unbeatable, the greatest driver of his era". The reporter insisted "Who could beat him ?", he replied : "Problably Senna, if he was still alive..."

Congrats to Piquet, his 7 sons and his 5 ex-wives...
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:01 (Ref:362065)   #2
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Piquet was certainly a unique animal, still is... congrats to him for coming out of the series alive as he drove when cars & circuits were dangerous.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:59 (Ref:362104)   #3
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember him when I was a young lad. Thought he was great in the Williams with Mansell. Now thats how team-mates should race!!!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 16:21 (Ref:362162)   #4
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nelson happy birthday!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 16:56 (Ref:362186)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you beleive he is 50..... still he's pushing his son hard in Autosport these days. The boy does look quick tho... lets see what he's like when he gets over here. I noticed he's still bad mouth Nige in last weeks Autosport, if a little more obliquely these days!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 17:46 (Ref:362229)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He loves to bad mouth Mansell... and I was surprised to see he saying "Senna" too...

In the book "The circus and the dream", by a reporter who covered Formula 1, from 85 to 95, you would laugh with the Piquet stories and quotes...
Old 21 Aug 2002, 15:55 (Ref:363024)   #7
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feel free to share some, Bononi.