Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Feb 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4195222)   #501
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Helmut Marko's plan to become Red Bull Team Principle is working to plan! (Insert evil laugh and rubbing of hands together)

Being a bit more serious. Wasn't it rumored that Horner was working behind the scenes to push Marko out and it didn't work? Maybe a reverse Uno card was played?

In all seriousness, I hope there is nothing to this as F1 has enough drama right now. But if true, it could be a big deal. Kind of flying without details at the moment.

Richard
I would doubt Marko would want the job. Easier to sit on the sidelines and second guess everyone
Old 5 Feb 2024, 19:30 (Ref:4195228)   #502
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I would doubt Marko would want the job. Easier to sit on the sidelines and second guess everyone
Sounds like he would make a great typical F1 fan!

Richard
Old 5 Feb 2024, 21:24 (Ref:4195245)   #503
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Naughty Spice
Old 6 Feb 2024, 15:35 (Ref:4195366)   #504
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hearings are set for Friday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68218956
Old 6 Feb 2024, 17:34 (Ref:4195386)   #505
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Cynically I expect the outcome of this hearing to be a whitewash. Christian Horner will be found not guilty but will (after re-denying the allegations) still apologise for his actions having being misinterpreted to maintain his goog guy image.
Red Bull will claim copious Brownie Points for being seen to have done the right thing by 'investigating the allegations thoroughly' and by this time next week we will all be talking about something else.
(It was alleged that the Lewis to Ferrari news was leaked to take attention away from the Andretti team rejection. Of course that gave both Mercedes and Ferrari plenty of coverage in the press. This coverage has almost completely dissappeared now...)
Old 6 Feb 2024, 18:07 (Ref:4195395)   #506
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At this juncture we can only speculate, as RBR haven't said what Horner is alleged to have done. All will be revealed on Friday.
Old 6 Feb 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4195404)   #507
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it just that winning 21 out of 22 GPs in one season is seen as 'inappropriate and controlling behaviour...'?
Old 6 Feb 2024, 18:55 (Ref:4195407)   #508
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Cynically I expect the outcome of this hearing to be a whitewash. Christian Horner will be found not guilty but will (after re-denying the allegations) still apologise for his actions having being misinterpreted to maintain his goog guy image.
Red Bull will claim copious Brownie Points for being seen to have done the right thing by 'investigating the allegations thoroughly' and by this time next week we will all be talking about something else.
(It was alleged that the Lewis to Ferrari news was leaked to take attention away from the Andretti team rejection. Of course that gave both Mercedes and Ferrari plenty of coverage in the press. This coverage has almost completely dissappeared now...)
So he is guilty as charged in your book is he?
Old 6 Feb 2024, 19:10 (Ref:4195410)   #509
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Naughty Spice
Going on the "reported" assumption that he sent inappropriate pictures. Horny Spice? Hornery Spice?

If true, Stupid Spice would be appropriate.

I'm just having a bit of fun. I'm actually a RB fan

Last edited by 1969MGCGTdriver; 6 Feb 2024 at 19:14. Reason: missing context
Old 6 Feb 2024, 19:25 (Ref:4195413)   #510
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
Going on the "reported" assumption that he sent inappropriate pictures. Horny Spice? Hornery Spice?

If true, Stupid Spice would be appropriate.

Nailed it there, Stupid is understatement
Old 6 Feb 2024, 19:32 (Ref:4195417)   #511
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
Old 7 Feb 2024, 03:29 (Ref:4195455)   #512
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is it just that winning 21 out of 22 GPs in one season is seen as 'inappropriate and controlling behaviour...'?
Thanks for that Ayse.
*Now got the cotton buds out cleaning coffee off the keyboard!*
Old 7 Feb 2024, 08:29 (Ref:4195487)   #513
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is the complaint about the one RBR missed?

More seriously, complaints in this sphere are nothing to be sneezed at
The use of an external legal firm to conduct an investigation will mean Mr Horner will feel as if he is covered in primordial ooze as he details his own recollection of events as put to him from the complainant.

Workplace bullying, which is probably likely the end state charge, is virtually impossible to refute when the burden of proof is that it is reasonably possible for the other person to take offence from an action or words or behaviours. Even if every other person in the same room did not take those events inside the same context.

Implications are enormous... either way Mr Horner has now been tarred with a brush that people in his business dont usually come back from.

Its kind of a big deal
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Feb 2024, 10:06 (Ref:4195506)   #514
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

The use of an external legal firm to conduct an investigation will mean Mr Horner will feel as if he is covered in primordial ooze as he details his own
Workplace bullying, which is probably likely the end state charge, is virtually impossible to refute when the burden of proof is that it is reasonably possible for the other person to take offence from an action or words or behaviours. Even if every other person in the same room did not take those events inside the same context.
That’s not how the subjective and objective test works….
Old 7 Feb 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4195510)   #515
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

The use of an external legal firm to conduct an investigation will mean Mr Horner will feel as if he is covered in primordial ooze as he details his own recollection of events as put to him from the complainant.

Implications are enormous... either way Mr Horner has now been tarred with a brush that people in his business dont usually come back from.

Its kind of a big deal
I would have thought Red Bull are using an external legal firm, so that the investigation is transparent. If they used their own law firm, that would cause concern.

I don't see why Horner has been tarred with a brush, that people in his business don't usually come back from, when none of us knows what the allegations are, apart from them being described as inappropriate and controlling behaviour?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 10:56 (Ref:4195520)   #516
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Its kind of a big deal
Note that the complainant made the complaint direct to Red Bull, not Red Bul Racing.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4195585)   #517
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so Max to Mercedes then?

if these allegations are proven to be true and Horner is required to step down, could that trigger any exit clauses in Max' contract?

dont want to trivialize the serious nature of these allegations nor presume guilt but silly season may have just gotten a lot sillier!
Old 7 Feb 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4195599)   #518
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so Max to Mercedes then?

if these allegations are proven to be true and Horner is required to step down, could that trigger any exit clauses in Max' contract?

dont want to trivialize the serious nature of these allegations nor presume guilt but silly season may have just gotten a lot sillier!
Newey to Ferrari?
Old 8 Feb 2024, 00:54 (Ref:4195645)   #519
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Boy if they're worried about Horner being inappropriate and controlling I wonder what they think of Max's dad?
Old 8 Feb 2024, 05:26 (Ref:4195662)   #520
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Boy if they're worried about Horner being inappropriate and controlling I wonder what they think of Max's dad?

Soft these days people !
Cant say anything without offending anyone.

Mind you I dont know what was said or done. Hopefully only said not done!
Old 8 Feb 2024, 11:03 (Ref:4195702)   #521
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How do you reckon Jos Verstappen (the other JV..) might go as Team Principal of Red Bull Racing ?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Feb 2024, 13:06 (Ref:4195722)   #522
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
How do you reckon Jos Verstappen (the other JV..) might go as Team Principal of Red Bull Racing ?
No
Old 8 Feb 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4195760)   #523
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think the difference there is that Horner is an employee.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 20:13 (Ref:4195789)   #524
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
:

Mind you I dont know what was said or done.
Probably should have left it at that.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 20:50 (Ref:4195793)   #525
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the difference there is that Horner is an employee.
And just being a general blowhard and obnoxious is ORDERS of magnitude different than a controlling and dominating over another employee in the company. Most of us ignore Jos and would tell him we'd like your son a LOT more if YOU shut it, he's better than you on your best day on his worst day, your opinion is immaterial.

Beginning to sound like the documentation means Horner is gonna be on the bench tomorrow afternoon but let's see what the investigators really have in their hands. The media teasing is it's not good but hopefully they can keep it under wraps better and the media is doing the usual 2+2=5