Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 8 Aug 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4122230)   #201
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They are NOT meant for the guys who think their 1500 with the big motor is a 3500 to tow 10k everyday. They are meant for the occasional use to tow or carry smaller loads/family around town. There's a reason it's not starting with the HD truck lines and usually a more loaded option than a stripped truck.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4123331)   #202
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Maxus T90EV has gone on sale as the first electric pick-up truck in the UK, with prices starting from just under £50,000.

'The firm claims a combined range figure of up to 220 miles, according to the WLTP cycle, as well as a maximum payload of 1000kg and a maximum towing capacity of 1500kg. The vehicle's wading depth is 550mm, Maxus says.
Measuring 5365mm long, 1900mm wide and 1809mm tall, the T90EV is slightly smaller than the current-generation Volkswagen Amarok.'
Old 23 Aug 2022, 14:29 (Ref:4123508)   #203
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One thing I have noticed for a while now is the proliferation of surfboards in electric and small truck adds. So car companies think surfing is the main way people will use their product?
Old 23 Aug 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4123524)   #204
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only thing they can carry or maybe they think only crunchy granola vegans would buy one and they're weak with hunger, can only lift foam?
Old 28 Jul 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4170301)   #205
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Mitsubishi L200 / Triton

2.4L 150-200 hp Diesel engines

Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4177279)   #206
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Technically this is an aftermarket mod, but still too cool not to share!
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4177282)   #207
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
One thing I have noticed for a while now is the proliferation of surfboards in electric and small truck adds. So car companies think surfing is the main way people will use their product?
The power of the dream may be?
Old 10 Nov 2023, 14:52 (Ref:4185360)   #208
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well it's happened. The Hemi has been killed off. Charger/Challenger were already culled from the V8 list, V6 returns instead of electric only.

But now, 2025 Ram drops the Hemi entirely for 3.0 I6, with 2 big fans attached. And full electric and the Ramcharger name returns for the electric Ram with range extender engine. Oh, that range extender is the base 3.6 V6. Well, that's a way to install an extender. No word on if it's V6 to generator and electric motors or basically an E mode hybrid drivetrain.

Edit, found Ram confirmation. It literally is the electric Ram with a V6 under the hood too. So basically 2 trucks and no frunk. But really, we need the Pentastar as the range extender engine?

Last edited by broadrun96; 10 Nov 2023 at 15:05.
Old 11 Nov 2023, 01:09 (Ref:4185410)   #209
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well it's happened. The Hemi has been killed off. Charger/Challenger were already culled from the V8 list, V6 returns instead of electric only.

But now, 2025 Ram drops the Hemi entirely for 3.0 I6, with 2 big fans attached. And full electric and the Ramcharger name returns for the electric Ram with range extender engine. Oh, that range extender is the base 3.6 V6. Well, that's a way to install an extender. No word on if it's V6 to generator and electric motors or basically an E mode hybrid drivetrain.

Edit, found Ram confirmation. It literally is the electric Ram with a V6 under the hood too. So basically 2 trucks and no frunk. But really, we need the Pentastar as the range extender engine?
I have been waiting on one of y'all to comment on this. Getting rid of the hemi is sad, but the V6 to charge the batteries seems like overkill? I mean do they just have a lot of those sitting around and so we're trying to find uses for them? I like the idea of a range extender, but that does not seem like the best option.
Old 11 Nov 2023, 06:05 (Ref:4185420)   #210
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new truck at 8% interest shortly. I would have saved so much money buying last year but my frugalness bites me in the ass again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have been waiting on one of y'all to comment on this. Getting rid of the hemi is sad, but the V6 to charge the batteries seems like overkill? I mean do they just have a lot of those sitting around and so we're trying to find uses for them? I like the idea of a range extender, but that does not seem like the best option.
It was supposed to happen last year but we got a 1 year stay of execution. I'm not an anti-environmentalist but I want no part. Mostly because I know my way around a pushrod V8 more than anything else. Bring zipties, duct tape, and a hammer and we can confidently cross the US.
Old 11 Nov 2023, 06:32 (Ref:4185423)   #211
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Bring zipties, duct tape, and a hammer and we can confidently cross the US.
Just add a wisegrip and you're sorted.
Old 12 Nov 2023, 03:37 (Ref:4185525)   #212
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Just add a wisegrip and you're sorted.
Is a wisegrip this?

If so, I completely agree. The world's greatest tool.

If you're interested in old American garbage like I am, I highly recommend Vice Grip Garage on YT. He (Derek Bieri) is extremely funny and has a violent Minnesota/Dakotas accent/disposition. They are unique and wholesome people.
Old 12 Nov 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4185579)   #213
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes, great tool. Two sizes avalaible, I've both. Pratical and built tough. I used to travel with a lot of dedicated products, for aluminium, die cast and stuff repairs. Thanks to the modern technology, they are now replaced with windscreen adhesive. A can of Bar Leaks can fix a damaged head gasket in many cases too. MacGyver of the highways!
Old 12 Nov 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4185584)   #214
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And known in the UK, or certainly by me and chums, as Mole Grips. And possibly as a Mole Wrench in the States.
Old 12 Nov 2023, 19:35 (Ref:4185619)   #215
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new truck at 8% interest shortly. I would have saved so much money buying last year but my frugalness bites me in the ass again.
My first thought was in you're gonna have to order and buy or step up to 2500 Hemi. Akins did a decent job with 2k and all rebates for an ordered truck, they didn't even know my model existed but basically lot deal for the order
Old 13 Nov 2023, 17:00 (Ref:4185713)   #216
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
And known in the UK, or certainly by me and chums, as Mole Grips. And possibly as a Mole Wrench in the States.
You know you've reach a wordlwide success when one product becomes eponymous name like Frigidaire and Bic for instance. May be the best example could be "couteau suisse" words we use to name many different things and people too.
Old 13 Nov 2023, 17:15 (Ref:4185717)   #217
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You know you've reach a wordlwide success when one product becomes eponymous name like Frigidaire and Bic for instance. May be the best example could be "couteau suisse" words we use to name many different things and people too.

You mean something like "Le Weekend"?
Old 13 Nov 2023, 17:20 (Ref:4185720)   #218
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
You mean something like "Le Weekend"?
Yes, french adaptation is from thursday to monday…