Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Nov 2020, 22:55 (Ref:4018218)   #526
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Apologies- I thought you were referring to WTCR titles only.

So the 4 are the 3x WTCR titles, and the F1?

No, MotoGP and WEC also
Old 22 Nov 2020, 10:20 (Ref:4018243)   #527
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Off-topic but Huffy won again at Macau.
...Penalised for something so now classified 23rd.
Old 22 Nov 2020, 14:24 (Ref:4018271)   #528
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
...Penalised for something so now classified 23rd.
Involved in the crash of Ma but this was in the main Race. Qualfying Race win still count for his record
Old 22 Nov 2020, 14:52 (Ref:4018276)   #529
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
Hope he will return in WTCR... And who knows, maybe with the MG brand
Would be nice to see MG - with or without Huff - in WTCR. I like the looks of the car.
Old 22 Nov 2020, 15:30 (Ref:4018282)   #530
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Involved in the crash of Ma but this was in the main Race. Qualfying Race win still count for his record
I know that a win is still a win, but I wouldn't call it a highlight of his career. It was not like he beat a quality international field. I would have been more surprised is he didn't win.
Old 22 Nov 2020, 15:48 (Ref:4018289)   #531
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I know that a win is still a win, but I wouldn't call it a highlight of his career. It was not like he beat a quality international field. I would have been more surprised is he didn't win.
Agree
Old 22 Nov 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4018292)   #532
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Well Rob Huff has always done good races in Macau and being known as the King there Is not a coincidence ...

He already beat people like Muller, Menu and has won also with Lada against more competitive car
Old 23 Nov 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4018382)   #533
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rob has always been there or thereabouts with the other top drivers of this series and others. He certainly seems to have a great knack for getting the job done at Macau and it’s always if it was made for him. He’s that good around them

No matter who he’s against, whether it’s the young guns or the old stagers like Menu, Muller and Tarquini, he has shown he can beat them or at least give them a good run for their money and at Macau he is something else. No matter what the car or the regs he comes up with goods year on year. One of the best tin top drivers of the past 10 to 15 years. Long may it continue
Old 23 Nov 2020, 12:19 (Ref:4018391)   #534
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame actually that he was nowhere near the top in WTCR. I'd love to see him back to winning and fighting for titles (and first, returning to WTCR of course!)
Old 26 Nov 2020, 15:40 (Ref:4018889)   #535
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Poultry

Rob Huff talks a bit about WTCR and MG or MG and WTCR ... https://www.macaubusiness.com/grand-...cord-rob-huff/
Old 26 Nov 2020, 18:17 (Ref:4018915)   #536
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The car is not good or bad. The good thing about TCR regulations is that you build the car around it and then the BOP [Balance of Performance] takes care of everything else.
Is it really good thing? For me rather a ridiculous.

Nevertheless, would be nice to see MG in WTCR with Huff behind the wheel.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 23:24 (Ref:4018955)   #537
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has to be that way, as it's not a spec series.

When you've got various different engine capacities, body shapes, etc, you need methods beyond mandating fixed regulations to average them all out.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 10:01 (Ref:4019021)   #538
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Is it really good thing? For me rather a ridiculous.

Nevertheless, would be nice to see MG in WTCR with Huff behind the wheel.
BOP gives possibilities to the weak cars but in the end the WTCR has been won by the two best cars in these years: Hyundai with Tarquini and Michelisz and Link&Co with Ehrlacher

What I hate of this championship is the compensation weight... just bleeah
Old 27 Nov 2020, 11:45 (Ref:4019048)   #539
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
BOP gives possibilities to the weak cars but in the end the WTCR has been won by the two best cars in these years: Hyundai with Tarquini and Michelisz and Link&Co with Ehrlacher

What I hate of this championship is the compensation weight... just bleeah
If Hyundai was the best car last year why did they suck so terribly in 2020? Can the best car suddenly become so useless? I mean, what puts me completely off the WTCR is that the results seem like a lottery. I don't like performance weights and things like that in general but at least in championships like BTCC you can see drivers with heavy cars are sometimes able to put up a fight. And you can somehow predict who'll be in the title hunt or who'll be a podium contender, a consistent Top 10 contender and so on. In WTCR it is just a lottery. Whenever I try to have a closer look at this championship, which on paper looks great, I'm completely put off soon after.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 12:05 (Ref:4019059)   #540
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyundai woes in WTCR are a mystery, to be honest, but let's not forget that this year they had new Goodyear tyres and (I presume) WTCR was the only championship to use common ECU (or at least try to use common ECUs) - which could have hit them hard. In most other championships Hyundais were competitive as usual.

In 2019 BoP in WTCR and across all TCR championships was pretty decent by the end of the season, so I do hope they will sort out this ECU thing soon and ensure +- equality once again.

Btw, strange why there is so few info/or analysis on this common ECU thing, and how it will be implemented, especially in other TCR championships
Old 27 Nov 2020, 19:33 (Ref:4019157)   #541
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
I quote Rubio and we need to say that not all the cars had the new ECU. That's why Hyundai felt penalised... The performance suddenly drooped massively!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 20:11 (Ref:4019165)   #542
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Hyundai woes in WTCR are a mystery, to be honest, but let's not forget that this year they had new Goodyear tyres and (I presume) WTCR was the only championship to use common ECU (or at least try to use common ECUs) - which could have hit them hard. In most other championships Hyundais were competitive as usual.

In 2019 BoP in WTCR and across all TCR championships was pretty decent by the end of the season, so I do hope they will sort out this ECU thing soon and ensure +- equality once again.

Btw, strange why there is so few info/or analysis on this common ECU thing, and how it will be implemented, especially in other TCR championships
VW ran the new ECU in a previous season as well. Thats one of the reasons the Golfs were nowhere, even with Huff behind the wheel. It just didn't like the bosch sensors that VW use. One of the nails in the coffin for VW and Audi dropping out.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 07:49 (Ref:4019334)   #543
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I quote Rubio and we need to say that not all the cars had the new ECU. That's why Hyundai felt penalised... The performance suddenly drooped massively!
Honda, Lynk & Co and Cupra also had new ECU. Only Audi, Renault and Alfa Romeo didn't have one.