Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Aug 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4124409)   #6151
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Especially for Viva GT, and all other GM fans, a photo of a recently restored Viva GT, and a very smart Bedford CF.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3127c.jpg   IMG_3128c.jpg  
Old 1 Sep 2022, 07:09 (Ref:4124445)   #6152
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Especially for Viva GT, and all other GM fans, a photo of a recently restored Viva GT, and a very smart Bedford CF.
Thanks Malcolm, they both look lovely
Old 2 Sep 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4124544)   #6153
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Forrestburn Hill Climb last weekend:
Attached Thumbnails
P1620618.JPG   P1620654.jpg   P1620688.jpg  

P1620739.JPG   P1620957.JPG   P1620994.JPG  

Old 2 Sep 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4124547)   #6154
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a great setting for motorsport.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 20:12 (Ref:4124616)   #6155
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Is there any information on the red 3 wheeler #19? Quite interested for a project....
A couple of recent pics of the same Morgan Aero, driven by Sandford Andrews - taken at Mallory Park last month. 2nd pic has Sue Darbyshire's Morgan Super Aero in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00297.jpg   DSC00216.jpg  
Old 20 Sep 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4126618)   #6156
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Have enjoyed several hill climbs in recent months, last Sunday at Doune.
Excellent number of entries and a great range of cars:
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2994.JPG   DSCN2998.JPG   DSCN3020.JPG  

DSCN3028.JPG   DSCN3031.JPG   P1640904.jpg  

Old 20 Sep 2022, 19:30 (Ref:4126619)   #6157
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Photos 2:
Attached Thumbnails
P1640907.jpg   P1640939.JPG   P1640928.jpg  

P1640980.jpg   P1640998.jpg   P1650035.JPG  

Old 22 Sep 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4126795)   #6158
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
As you say, a great variety of cars, thanks for sharing.
I've never been to a hillclimb, I think I should add that to my bucket list. (Mind you, I've not been to a real club race meeting for years now either, maybe I should address that too?)
Old 22 Sep 2022, 08:27 (Ref:4126804)   #6159
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
(Mind you, I've not been to a real club race meeting for years now either, maybe I should address that too?)
I do go to a number of club meetings throughout the year if I'm in the country, although I do tend to be a fair weather watcher at Brands Hatch.
I am lucky in that I can see the communication tower at the top of Wrotham hill in the distance from my house, and if I can I know that it's probably going to be fine
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Sep 2022, 08:58 (Ref:4126811)   #6160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OT Back in the 70s and early 80s, I knew I was heading to Brands when I saw the Littlebrook Power Station Flue. I worked there for a.couple of years. Now it's gone and the site is an Amazon warehouse.
Old 22 Sep 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4126868)   #6161
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
OT Back in the 70s and early 80s, I knew I was heading to Brands when I saw the Littlebrook Power Station Flue. I worked there for a.couple of years. Now it's gone and the site is an Amazon warehouse.
Was you the chimney sweep Peter ?
PS I just had a look at a map and the tower at Wrotham is about 9 miles from my house as the crow fly's so my eyesight is still ok to drive a car

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 22 Sep 2022 at 16:45.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Sep 2022, 17:07 (Ref:4126876)   #6162
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Was you the chimney sweep Peter ?
Oh dear, bit of an insult Gordon
Old 22 Sep 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4126882)   #6163
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Oh dear, bit of an insult Gordon
Not really I remember Nigrin being an iconic sponsor to Capri 3100!