Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Mar 2020, 08:27 (Ref:3967637)   #1
ron1902
Racer

England
england
ron1902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lockdown fever

there i was ..overalls.gear all ready to go.then wham.all stop..i understand why.what are you all doing to fill the time..i have been decorating but at the moment unable to finish it.....all stay safe and see you on the other side.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3967829)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment I'm still enjoying the break.
The last day I marshalled last year was December 29th and the 1st one this year was on January 9th, with 10 days under my belt so far this year.

With the weather being pleasant I've done lots of odd jobs around the garden, doing the things that our weekly Gardeners would normally do, and my Wife has been teaching me the finer arts of baking bread etc - the problem is she's a W.I. judge and I dont meet the standards apparently!

Just had a look at the MUK Learning Pages which look interesting.

Got to keep thinking positively and looking forward to coming out the other side whenever that is.

Please take care of yourselves and here's to the future.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 22:34 (Ref:3968126)   #3
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To all the Flag Marshals out there, if you have line of sight to another Marshals house, then I suggest you learn Semaphore (if you don't know already!) and communicate that way...practicing your arm waving technique rather than draining your cell/mobile phone battery's...

Stay safe and hang in there until this crisis is over
Old 2 Apr 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3968198)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Despite having had a bloody fantastic weekend at the Walter Hayes last November, circumstances towards the end of last year meant I really wasn't motivated for the start of the season. I decided not to do a training day this year for the first year in ages and had only got Le Mans, Formula E and the WHT down as commitments (due to the application nature of the first two), having not volunteered for anything else.

The day I sat down to start looking at the calendar for the year was the day it became obvious that things were changing, so I stalled a bit longer... and now we're all here.

I was looking forward to Formula E too but despite the Army and co having built a fantastic medical centre and residential hotel (!) at Excel, I don't think there will be any motorsport there this year.

Maybe my mojo will return. I hope so.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3968205)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully absence will make the heart grow fonder, not just for you but for all of us

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 2 Apr 2020 at 13:17.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3968405)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Just spent a couple of really enjoyable hours on the MUK Learning Hub.

Did the courses on Electric Vehicles & Safeguarding (even got certificates to prove it) & also went through the first person on scene piece, all very interesting and informative a credit to MUK.

Why not give it a go?
Old 3 Apr 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3968418)   #7
Fierce Flaggy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kettering, Northamptonshire
Fierce Flaggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I last marshalled at the VSCC Pomeroy Trophy in February and also upgraded to Track Marshal earlier this year. During the lockdown I have spent a few hours on the Motorsport UK Learning Hub which has been very interesting and helpful as well as pursuing my other hobbies including art, reading some very good books and trying to learn a new language.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this challenging time and I look forward to the upcoming season.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 08:50 (Ref:3969990)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been at work doing my normal job! On annual leave this week!
online learning as a proby Clerk.
Cut the grass, washed the car, cut the car, washed the grass!
Old 13 Apr 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3970624)   #9
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
I have been at work doing my normal job! On annual leave this week!
online learning as a proby Clerk.
Cut the grass, washed the car, cut the car, washed the grass!
Hope you've got the right kit in the right amounts matey. Look after yourself.

And cut the lawn again, you missed a bit
Old 13 Apr 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3970627)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Hope you've got the right kit in the right amounts matey. Look after yourself.

And cut the lawn again, you missed a bit
The lawn is ace lol. Minimum PPE that’s not really fit for purpose
Old 19 Apr 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3971653)   #11
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Despite having had a bloody fantastic weekend at the Walter Hayes last November, circumstances towards the end of last year meant I really wasn't motivated for the start of the season. I decided not to do a training day this year for the first year in ages and had only got Le Mans, Formula E and the WHT down as commitments (due to the application nature of the first two), having not volunteered for anything else.

The day I sat down to start looking at the calendar for the year was the day it became obvious that things were changing, so I stalled a bit longer... and now we're all here.

I was looking forward to Formula E too but despite the Army and co having built a fantastic medical centre and residential hotel (!) at Excel, I don't think there will be any motorsport there this year.

Maybe my mojo will return. I hope so.
I know the feeling, except I volunteered for nothing, but did a couple of training days to see if it could spark any interest.