Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 25 Apr 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1287270)   #1
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
John Love

News reached us today of the passing of John Love this morning - RIP to a South African racing legend
Old 29 Apr 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1290326)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just read about this myself. I don't know that much about John's career, but any F1 Rejects reader will know how close he came to perhaps the msot amazing race win in F1 hisotry.
Old 16 May 2005, 01:16 (Ref:1301856)   #3
Supernova
Rookie

United States
Austin Tx
Supernova should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to see you go John. To a kid growing up in Rhodesia you were a hero!
Old 30 Mar 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3967704)   #4
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe I've only just seen this topic

I met John many times at his business in Bulawayo. He would always take time out to speak to anyone and everyone that had any interest in Formula One.

I first met him when I was youngster on a trip to Bulawayo with school. Obsessed by motor racing it was like meeting a living legend.

The most common story he told was how close he was to signing a multi-race deal with Colin Chapman's Lotus. Love would run a 49 a few times in F1 but it's the chance he never got to race the 72 that stuck in his mind the most.

He was of course an excellent driver who put in some superb performances in privately entered equipment. He was also a fantastic guy and liked and respected throughout the community.

A proud Rhodesian and we won't forget him.