Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 26 Jun 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3426952)   #351
Brilla
Rookie

Brilla should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys

First post on the site, decided to see if there was anything out there on my Rover A683NJO and it seems that you need to know if its alright and still alive.

Well I can state that, yes it does need taxing. I have not moved it since it was laid up when tax ran out, as you pointed out in 1992 (criminal I know).

The vehicle is in a fair condition, as its been dry stored since 92'

The last outing for it was a rally demo with the HRCR at longleat. and I can honestly say that my co-driver / passenger must have shouted out T R E E numerous times. Those trees must be fitted with Rover Magnets!!!!!

I will try to sort out some pics and post them.

But to answer your question, yes, it still exists, and I a fairy similar trim that Mick Moore sold it.
Old 17 Nov 2015, 11:49 (Ref:3591002)   #352
tlracing
Rookie

tlracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SD1 swb appeared on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-SD1-...-/151886739567

Gartrac shell, history given as including RAC, Circuit of Ireland, etc?
Old 15 Sep 2016, 21:38 (Ref:3672639)   #353
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Just digging this out of the archives to note that one of the 'Paris-Peking'/Donington Rallysprint cars, A377VUK, was sold in the Bonhams auction at the Goodwood Revival last weekend

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23595/lot/132/
Old 27 Apr 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3729454)   #354
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to cross pollinate but thought this maybe of interest.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...69062&i=999999

Group 2 rather than Group A.

What a price tag, anyone know any more about it?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3729524)   #355
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Sorry to cross pollinate but thought this maybe of interest.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...69062&i=999999

Group 2 rather than Group A.

What a price tag, anyone know any more about it?

Andy, pictures & info. from 2016 Race Retro display.
Attached Thumbnails
066.JPG   065.JPG   064.JPG  

Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3773175)   #356
Gavin RS
Rookie

South Africa
Randburg South Africa
Gavin RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive know this car since it came into South Africa in 1980, Eloff Leyland Sponsered, lots of race History in South Africa. was a DPR built Group 2 car. Mike and Paddy O'Sullivan raced it from the beginning. changed hands a few times then Paddy got it back. He offered the car unrestored to me in 2003, Was cheap but I did not take have the funds then. It ended up in the UK and is owned by Tim Summers. I sent an article on the History of this car to Tim a few years ago.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3773228)   #357
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is interesting. It's a sister chassis to my GRP 1 car but I'm not sure they ran the Vitesse rear spoiler in 1980. Not sure the front air dam was available in 1980 either, so it has undergone a few "tweaks". I believe there were actually two Grp 2 chassis built by DPR. The other one was a regular club racer back in the early noughties, but I haven't seen it for some years.
Old 5 Apr 2020, 09:51 (Ref:3968731)   #358
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I'm digging this one out of the archives again, but thought there were just too good not to post, as I'm pretty sure I've not seen some of them before- Browsing around the Revs Institute digital photo library (For anyone who hasn't investigated this before, it's a very easy way of passing some time while we're all locked down because of COVID19...) and tripped over a collection of pics from the 1984 Manx international, including a choice selection of shots of Tony Pond in B564AOX...

...plus as a bonus a couple of pics of a Sanyo BTCC car and Metro Turbo on what looks like the ARG stand at the Motor Show

https://library.revsinstitute.org/di...=ROVER+VITESSE
Old 5 Apr 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3968771)   #359
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It is interesting. It's a sister chassis to my GRP 1 car but I'm not sure they ran the Vitesse rear spoiler in 1980. Not sure the front air dam was available in 1980 either, so it has undergone a few "tweaks". I believe there were actually two Grp 2 chassis built by DPR. The other one was a regular club racer back in the early noughties, but I haven't seen it for some years.
Answering the question about the rear spoilers and front air dam after a few years(!), as you say there were two Gp2 cars, the white Unipart car built for the 1980 TT, (then later raced in Modsaloons and Thundersaloons through the 80's) and the green South African car.

The TT car didn't start off life with a rear spoiler, but the South African car seems to have a rear spoiler by '81, then, as you say underwent a few 'tweaks' in the front air dam department- These pics of it's annual outing in the Kyalami WEC sportscar race from 1982-4 give an idea (ignore the stray '82 TT PMS car, that just got picked up by the way I found the pics)

https://www.racingsportscars.com/typ...over/3500.html