Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 6 Apr 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3968896)   #1
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indycar iRacing Season 2020 - points tally

I've been waiting for the season to start, and was just as disappointed as everyone else when the situation developed. But, it's important we all stay safe. I do applaud the series for taking a serious look at the options, though. Compared to some other series I could name, we do have real racing with the real drivers and with real commentary and everyone takes it as a real racing challenge. Kudos!

I've tried to summarize the points for the iRacing series, as I think it adds a little something to track the progress over the season. I felt like sharing it, so I hope I have not made any mistakes. No idea how to make a proper table in this interface. Here's the top ten.

Driver Summary

Scott McLaughlin 83

Will Power 76

Felix Rosenqvist 69

Sage Karam 58

Simon Pagenaud 58

Josef Newgarden 48

Oliver Askew 45

Scott Speed 45

Santino Ferrucci 44

I think we already see the importance of consistency in a 6 race season. It looks really promising for Will Power, who has done a good job in both races so far. I'm really looking forward to the next race in Michigan, and I hope my fellow Swedes can do well on an oval. It will be fun!
Old 6 Apr 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3968927)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For those who haven't watched it, here's the link to the weekend's IRace at Barber.

https://youtu.be/l02033p7gD0
Old 7 Apr 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3969081)   #3
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I've been waiting for the season to start, and was just as disappointed as everyone else when the situation developed. But, it's important we all stay safe. I do applaud the series for taking a serious look at the options, though. Compared to some other series I could name, we do have real racing with the real drivers and with real commentary and everyone takes it as a real racing challenge. Kudos!

I've tried to summarize the points for the iRacing series, as I think it adds a little something to track the progress over the season. I felt like sharing it, so I hope I have not made any mistakes. No idea how to make a proper table in this interface. Here's the top ten.

Driver Summary

Scott McLaughlin 83

Will Power 76

Felix Rosenqvist 69

Sage Karam 58

Simon Pagenaud 58

Josef Newgarden 48

Oliver Askew 45

Scott Speed 45

Santino Ferrucci 44

I think we already see the importance of consistency in a 6 race season. It looks really promising for Will Power, who has done a good job in both races so far. I'm really looking forward to the next race in Michigan, and I hope my fellow Swedes can do well on an oval. It will be fun!
I had the exact same idea - although it’s not marketed as a championship, it’s useful to see who is performing or not.

However, I have Karam down for 63 points. 54 total for Watkins Glen - 50 for the win, plus 1 for pole, 1 for leading a lap and 2 for leading most laps. And 9 for Barber - 5 for his lowly finish and then the same bonus points scoring (he led at least from lap 1-23 of the 45).
Old 7 Apr 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3969111)   #4
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah! See I missed something after all. I didn't know Karam got any points at all for the second race, but Indycar does give out 5 points all the way down.

Thanks, I have added that to my spreadsheet!
Old 8 Apr 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3969390)   #5
el_cat
Racer

So it seems Round 3 this weekend is at Michigan (I think this weekend was the drivers choice round?), and Dale Earnhardt Jr will be joining the field!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 18:36 (Ref:3969874)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
So it seems Round 3 this weekend is at Michigan (I think this weekend was the drivers choice round?), and Dale Earnhardt Jr will be joining the field!
https://www.indycar.com/2020/indycar-challenge

I might actually watch this.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3970125)   #7
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder why they didn't make a part of this series of races, carrying a points tally? Could have been a mini championship of it's own for the year. Thanks for doing this guys.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3970139)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I wonder why they didn't make a part of this series of races, carrying a points tally? Could have been a mini championship of it's own for the year. Thanks for doing this guys.
I could be wrong, as I've only been following the iRaces from a distance but I don't think all the drivers have been competing. There's no Takuma Sato in today's race.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3970141)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Simon Pagenaud.

I caught the last 15 laps and quite enjoyed it. Apparently there was a massive pile up at the start.

It would be great if they could race at Michigan for real. I live in hope.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3970142)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
That was quite entertaining.Quite realistic on an oval track.
Cant wait to see McLaughlin in a real race car.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 15:42 (Ref:3970598)   #11
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The startline crash was confusing. Obviously the lag blink isn't something that would happen in the real world, but Askew seemed to just plough into as many cars as possible? And they never actually showed the carnage further down the field, presumably it's difficult to get replays like that. Also, why did so many crash in the pits?
Old 13 Apr 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3970602)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
The startline crash was confusing. Obviously the lag blink isn't something that would happen in the real world, but Askew seemed to just plough into as many cars as possible? And they never actually showed the carnage further down the field, presumably it's difficult to get replays like that. Also, why did so many crash in the pits?
I got round to watching the start and Scott McLaughlin's car actually disappears, just as the field approaches the start line. 19.31 minutes into the broadcast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	668.4 KB
ID:	59666

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 13 Apr 2020 at 16:15.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3970753)   #13
el_cat
Racer

I’ve updated the championship table - looking very much like it will be a Penske benefit! Difficult to see it being anything other than a 3 horse race now:

Scott McLaughlin - 123 points
Will Power - 109
Simon Pagenaud - 109
Sage Karam - 82
Felix Rosenqvist - 78
Alex Palou - 63
Graham Rahal - 62
Josef Newgarden - 54
Dalton Kellett - 52
Santino Ferrucci - 51

(Note - I cant remember whether McLaughlin led a lap at Michigan or not. If he did, then he should have an extra point).
Old 14 Apr 2020, 20:01 (Ref:3970835)   #14
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
I have finally watched the race. To bad with that weird crash at the start

For some reason I have slightly different numbers. But I'm pretty sure I missed nothing. Like I said before, it looks like Will Power is looking good, but McLaughlin is really collecting points, and never underestimate an Indy 500 winner!

I'm really sad to see Rosenqvist crash in this race, and where did Ericsson go after his first pit stop? He just faded...

Scott McLaughlin 123
Will Power 109
Simon Pagenaud 109
Sage Karam 82
Felix Rosenqvist 78
Alex Palou 62
Graham Rahal 62
Josef Newgarden 54
Dalton Kellett 52
Old 14 Apr 2020, 22:08 (Ref:3970851)   #15
el_cat
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I have finally watched the race. To bad with that weird crash at the start

For some reason I have slightly different numbers. But I'm pretty sure I missed nothing. Like I said before, it looks like Will Power is looking good, but McLaughlin is really collecting points, and never underestimate an Indy 500 winner!

I'm really sad to see Rosenqvist crash in this race, and where did Ericsson go after his first pit stop? He just faded...

Scott McLaughlin 123
Will Power 109
Simon Pagenaud 109
Sage Karam 82
Felix Rosenqvist 78
Alex Palou 62
Graham Rahal 62
Josef Newgarden 54
Dalton Kellett 52
Palou took the lead with 13 to go, holding it until RHR passed him with 9 to go when Palou clipped the wall in T4. I guess that is where the discrepancy comes from
Old 15 Apr 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3970911)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Ah! I missed that. Thanks el_cat!
Old 16 Apr 2020, 20:26 (Ref:3971220)   #17
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motegi as the "random draw" track up for next weekend seems indeed pretty random. Yet, it is going to be interesting as a big "what could have been" moment.
Old 16 Apr 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3971221)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Motegi as the "random draw" track up for next weekend seems indeed pretty random. Yet, it is going to be interesting as a big "what could have been" moment.
The last Motegi race I saw was the one Danica won in 2008.
Old 17 Apr 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3971408)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Tomorrow's race at Motegi is at 2:00pm, ET. I'll give it a go.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 19:48 (Ref:3971582)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Simon Pagenaud on back-to-back wins. The irace really came alive after Askew lost it, with about 8 laps to go.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3971585)   #21
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Dixon had a typical dixon in real life type drive. Just stalking around the front and being there at the end. And of course getting good fuel mileage. The results do end up being remarkably similar to real life, with a few exceptions. It is a nice enough substitute for now.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3971587)   #22
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Stiff cheese for McLaughlin,taken out right at the end.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 22:13 (Ref:3971600)   #23
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Power and pagenaud seem to be taking this pretty seriously, most likely because Penske seem to suddenly have 4 drivers for 3 real life cars. Hope that askew is a bit better than this irl. Feel a bit bad for Nasr’s internet connection, he seems quick in this series but has no results.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 06:50 (Ref:3971781)   #24
el_cat
Racer

Updated “standings” after Motegi:

Pagenaud 160
Power 147
McLaughlin 129
Karam 109
Rosenqvist 94
Rahal 82
Ferrucci 73
Palou 71
Newgarden 70
Veach 67
Kellett 63
Daly 63
Ericsson 63
Harvey 62
Wickens 61
Askew 60
Dixon 60
Rossi 53
Herta 51
Kaiser 50

Included down to 20th, so you could see where the likes of Wickens, Rossi and Dixon were sitting. It looks like Rossi really isn’t a fan or comfortable on the sim compared to others.

That wreck for McLaughlin could prove to be really costly
Old 20 Apr 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3971828)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
What's the next race?