Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 3 Feb 2013, 03:56 (Ref:3198382)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Grand-Am 2013 Predictions - Round #2 - GRAND-AM of The Americas

This is the second round of the Grand-Am Predictions Competition on 10 Tenths! With the huge success of other predictions competitions before mine, I feel like Grand-Am deserves its own. You get to win prizes... bragging rights and superiority over all others!

Here's how it works... You place your bets by making up a finishing order for a qualifying result or race result, and the closer you get to your finishing order, the more points you get. You get points for...

DP Qualifying (bonus 20 points)
DP Race
DP Fastest Lap (bonus 10 points)
GT Qualifying (bonus 10 points)
GT Race
GT Fastest Lap (bonus 5 points)
First Car Out (bonus 10 points)

We've made an amendment to the original set of rules. Because of the low entry count, GTX will now not be counted or added to competitors' points total. Now, points can only be gained from DP and GT. However, it must be noted that you can still pick a GTX car for the "First Car Out" bonus points prize.

The system is basically the same as the F1 predictions competition points system. You get 25 points if your driver is the correct position, 18 if your driver is 1 off (either up or down), 15 if 2 off...

3 off = 12 pts.
4 off = 10 pts.
5 off = 8 pts.
6 off = 7 pts.
7 off = 4 pts.
8 off = 2 pts.
9 off = 1 pt.
10 off = .5 pts.
11+ off = 0 pts.

Extra details:

You can adjust your predictions however much you want until the first qualifying session for a Grand-Am class on a race weekend. I'll have a countdown clock and timezone converter for every race, as well as a form to fill out (remember, you can fill it out more than once) for your predictions. If a car is DISQUALIFIED for any reason, you DO NOT get credit for the prediction on that car's finishing position.

Have fun out there!

Standings from Round #1
  1. pach233 508 pts.
  2. Brewster97 442 pts.
  3. Beetle 436 pts.
  4. Chiana 404 pts.
  5. The Badger 380 pts.
  6. Cptkablamo 339 pts.
  7. Aysedasi 286 pts.

Remember, Round #1 was DOUBLE POINTS. Generally, we will see points being scored around the 250 mark for the best scorers. pach233 scored 254 points, which got doubled at the end to 508 points. Also, it must be noted that GTX pole and GTX fastest lap were counted in the points last round, but the GTX class result wasn't counted as there were too little entries, and the points total would largely rely on an unbalanced category, rendering the results inaccurate and misleading.

I am doing the points all by calculating on the computer... manually. I do make mistakes... please take the time to review your points totals to make sure I added them correctly.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 03:58 (Ref:3198383)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Round: Two
Track: Circuit of the Americas
Race Length: 2 hours, 45 minutes
Track Length: 3.43 miles

COUNTDOWN

PREDICT HERE!

Entry List

You can adjust your predictions at any time until 10:35 AM US Eastern Time on March 1, 2013. If your car gets disqualified from the competition but has won an event, you will not get credit for betting on this car.

Last edited by Beetle; 3 Feb 2013 at 04:19.