Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Oct 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4181170)   #151
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Think the discount on 2 GE tickets has gone up to 92 euros (46 x 2) true 40% - last year it was 94-61 = 33 x 2 at 66

Bit of a pain I have to get tickets through operator for 1st time this year - possibly a waste of discount.

Are 2 reduced tickets for members area mentioned - cant see pricing on links today or are these on the ACO members bit
Not really reduced for ACO members area as Euro52 each (last year early bird price euo40) and now limited to member plus 1 rather than member plus 3 as last year.

Assume they are expexting a sellout as all references to earlybird prices etc gone?
Old 12 Oct 2023, 20:11 (Ref:4181171)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's true, I'd forgotten that. Having only 4 of us with 2 members, there's no issue for us. I suspect we're seeing 2024 as the ACO's opportunity to claw back the huge amount of money they lost on the 20 and 21 events. They didn't need to worry last year as they knew they would sell out anyway. I suspect they will be close to a sell-out this year simply because of the field and the prospects for the race drawing people in. When you consider the fortune that a GP costs to attend these days, Le Mans is still as cheap as the proverbial chips.... (if you go for the week, anyway).

It's all a bit of a headache this year as I buy tickets for my own group and also for my 'old' group whose needs have become far more complicated this year - as well as the fact that they have limited knowledge to back up what they (think they) want/need!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Oct 2023 at 20:17.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 20:35 (Ref:4181178)   #153
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4 entrance and 3 camping is the max you can buy per booking as a member. General public 6 entrance, not sure on camping! That is not fair. Why?
As a member I've been supporting them for many years and now it feels so unfair.
Probably just a way of getting more members, the question is, will the (new) members of the usual large groups get same camping and grandstand??
Old 12 Oct 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4181181)   #154
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
These days i just get what i need for the group i am going with so 2 camping and 4 race tickets, makes life easier
Old 13 Oct 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4181250)   #155
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
4 entrance and 3 camping is the max you can buy per booking as a member. General public 6 entrance, not sure on camping! That is not fair. Why?
As a member I've been supporting them for many years and now it feels so unfair.
Probably just a way of getting more members, the question is, will the (new) members of the usual large groups get same camping and grandstand??
You can get 2 more once general public period starts but agree limit on entrance seems a bit mean for members especially as you could get 12 people on 3 pitches but then mess around with GE tickets more and more pressure on ticket site.

It's going to be very difficult for groups over 4 trying to sort grandstands.
Old 13 Oct 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4181261)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, having just two small groups to sort out is a headache enough. I'd hate to have to do it for a sizeable group....
Old 19 Oct 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4182003)   #157
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A little info which may be useful to some ACO members...

Last year I was refused access to the seating areas of T17/18 on Test Day, because I didn't hold a seat ticket in one of those tribunes for the race weekend (I've migrated to T23). On the Wednesday and Thursday it was back to normal, members were allowed access. After some email exchanges with the ACO membership office and ticketing office, access should not have been denied to members on Test Day, regardless of whether or not they held a ticket for one of those tribunes for race weekend. It was an error by the officials/security working on Test Day. You DO however need to have purchased the (this year 52 euro) member's enclosure add-on, or access to the seating will be denied on both Test Day and the Wednesday and Thursday prcatice/qualifying sessions.
Old 23 Oct 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4182667)   #158
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ETIAS rollout delayed until 2025 now.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 09:41 (Ref:4182746)   #159
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Getting ready for 7 November - clearing the diary, checking ACO account works, etc etc.
Does anyone have any insight into whether car parks will be available to purchase at the same time ? Online or by phone.
TIA
Old 24 Oct 2023, 10:51 (Ref:4182753)   #160
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
ETIAS rollout delayed until 2025 now.
Oh dear, what a shame, how sad

Not surprised

Good news as it’s already a pain at Oustreham
Old 24 Oct 2023, 10:53 (Ref:4182755)   #161
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Getting ready for 7 November - clearing the diary, checking ACO account works, etc etc.
Does anyone have any insight into whether car parks will be available to purchase at the same time ? Online or by phone.
TIA
No, not yet. I have asked the ACO directly, but no reply as yet.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 10:55 (Ref:4182756)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Oh dear, what a shame, how sad

Not surprised

Good news as it’s already a pain at Oustreham
What is?
Old 24 Oct 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4182773)   #163
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, not yet. I have asked the ACO directly, but no reply as yet.
Just had this -

Dear M. HOUNSOME,

This year, campsite and parking tickets will go on sale on the same day as the general admission tickets, that is to say on 7th November for ACO Members.

For your information, we will communicate about parking and campsite tickets in the very next few days on the following page : https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/tickets-2024.

We remain available for any further information you may require.

Best Regards,

Woohoo!
Old 24 Oct 2023, 12:29 (Ref:4182774)   #164
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just had this -

Dear M. HOUNSOME,

This year, campsite and parking tickets will go on sale on the same day as the general admission tickets, that is to say on 7th November for ACO Members.

For your information, we will communicate about parking and campsite tickets in the very next few days on the following page : https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/tickets-2024.

We remain available for any further information you may require.

Best Regards,

Woohoo!
Thank you !
Old 24 Oct 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4182775)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The news will get around fast - but I don't intend to help it.....
Old 24 Oct 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4182779)   #166
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
What is?
Arriving in France with French customs is a pain compared to streaming off the train at Calais or leaving the ferries as French border hassle is in Kent.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4182784)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK. I must admit that it was very slow in 2022 off the ferry (over an hour crawling to the French border control) but this year it was much quicker.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4182799)   #168
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
OK. I must admit that it was very slow in 2022 off the ferry (over an hour crawling to the French border control) but this year it was much quicker.
thats good, we hardly saw any cars from ferry on drice down in 2022 as seemed to be letting one car go every 2 or 3 minutes (Wednesday bight ferry) so over an hour queuing on dry land there.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4182833)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, last year was snail's pace....
Old 25 Oct 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4182974)   #170
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If everything gpoes on sale on the 7th it will be chaos for sure, fingers crossed we get camping tickets as i suspect race tickets will not be sold out within minutes like the camping ones
Old 25 Oct 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4182982)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd rather have all on sale at once rather than split like we had last year. But yes, I expect it to be harder going than last year. Are you buying your camping direct from the ACO this year then?
Old 26 Oct 2023, 08:14 (Ref:4183044)   #172
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Does force a decision if you want camping and GS as to what goes in basket first - ideally your group does a pincer movement to cover both asap.
Old 26 Oct 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4183046)   #173
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Since I've sent a deposit to TD I may buy a camping slot and depending on what TD does I can resell it later.
Old 26 Oct 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4183049)   #174
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What do you all think the odds are at picking up a GA ticket much closer to the race, if needed? Was 2023 perhaps a special case in that regard?
Old 26 Oct 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4183050)   #175
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I'd rather have all on sale at once rather than split like we had last year. But yes, I expect it to be harder going than last year. Are you buying your camping direct from the ACO this year then?
The ACO have told me that i must get my tickets in the normal way this year as the part of the organisation that has helped me before can no longer help.
So just like everyone elsei will be in the lottery on the 7th and if i can not get camping suitable for disabled plans will have to change