Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 19 Aug 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1386626)   #1
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race car Driver - TV programme (Merged)

There is a new show that is to debut in the States on September 7th called Race Car Driver. It is a reality show that chronicles the ongoing season of Forsythe Championship Racing. It is to be shown on the WGN Superstation, which is a local channel in Chicago, but I believe it is shown nationally. I know the channel is shown by my local cable provider in Central New York (Time Warner Cable). I guess it depends on your cable provider and/or where you live if you get the station. You can get more info on the show from here...
http://racecartv.com/
Old 19 Aug 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1386669)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the link.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1386673)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the info - that looks pretty neat. I don't remember anybody ever mentioning film crews following the team during the season, though.

WGN is carried on alot of Canadian cable providers. I know we get it here in Chatham.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1402292)   #4
SPRacer
Racer

United States
St. Petersburg, FL
SPRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody catch this last night? I saw it and thought it was pretty good. They really play up the Tracy v. Bourdais rivalry, which already seemed like made-for-TV drama anyway.

If you missed it, try and catch a replay. Good stuff.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1402420)   #5
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both episodes (it was back to back 1/2 hour shows) will re-air Saturday at 6:00 PM EST on WGN.

Ted
Old 8 Sep 2005, 23:39 (Ref:1402425)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i had thought CCWS needed this- is it too late? other channels do this , well reality series aren't new anymore...
i love the idea and eagerly await the replay
Old 3 Dec 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1476339)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
"Race Car Driver" on DVD

The entire fourteen-episode series will be available on a 3-DVD boxed set in time for Christmas! Speedgear is taking orders now.

Story.

Having been unable to watch any of this show, I look forward to perhaps being able to pick this up.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1634147)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race car Driver (TV programme)

Just thought Id mention that there is a new TV show here in the UK following Paul Tracy and the Forsythe team in the 2005 champcar world series. It's a pretty good show and of course you get to see a lot of the stuff we dont normally see by just watching the races. I dont know if other channels are showing this programme but im currently watching it on UKTV G2. Its a pretty good show, 30 minutes long. Worth giving a try. IMO.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1634319)   #9
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They showed that last year here in the states, and has already been released on DVD. I wanted to watch it when it was on TV, but never got a chance, and I also have no money to pick up the DVD.

[removed link to other thread - threads now merged - craig]

Last edited by Craig; 12 Jul 2006 at 22:38.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1635978)   #10
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw it last night, really enjoyed it and have told my sky box to record the series.

The difference between Tracy & Bordais is amazing!
Old 16 Jun 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1636000)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watched that this morning (well the last 15 minutes anyways).

Seems fascinating enough. May have to buy the DVD's...
Old 16 Jun 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1636025)   #12
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah i've been watchign it too. Pretty good actually, see some stuff that most of us don't usually see.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1654927)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I caught a couple of episodes of it this evening. Pretty easy going viewing and reminded me a little of what Champcar used to be before the crap started. I will definately try and tune in to see the rest and I might even look for the DVD...
Old 13 Jul 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1655503)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
If anyone is interested, there are another two episodes about to go to air on UKTV G2 (Sky Channel 111)
Old 15 Jul 2006, 19:34 (Ref:1657043)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm going to try and get these onto DVD over time, but being a saddo I want them to be in order!

So....does anyone have a (very basic) rundown of each episode?
Old 15 Jul 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1657070)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just started watching this series on UK TV Gold2. Can anyone remmeber what Paul Tracys Dad said about the world being built by working class people, and ruined by the upper class? Was in the episode where Paul raced at Toronto and caught up with all the family. Seemed a strange thing to say for the Dad of a capitalist racecar driver, especially when he had a business himself (painting skyscrapers!). Also did anyone think it strange Paul introduced his wife to his Dad? Surely they had met before, what was that all about? Good behind the scenes series though, liked the stuff with Legge living at the Griffith shop, and their facilities. I vaguely recall the Griffith or Griffin FA cars in the 80s or early 90s.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1657147)   #17
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i also have started to watch the series its excellent i think i will buy the dvd set
Old 20 Jul 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1661030)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
The series has now finished in the UK. I heard that there were two series - do we know if that was series (season) one or two?
Old 29 Jan 2007, 04:50 (Ref:1828284)   #19
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champcar DVD

Hi there - if you want to take a look at www.rethinkentertainment.com in Canada they have a great series for TV called Race Car Driver - it covers seasons 1 and have just released 2 for television and start filming season 3 (ie 2007) in March. 10 episodes per season and apart from covering the races & results goes behind the scenes with all the drivers, teams etc - real fly on the wall reality stuff. I dont know when and where the series will run but keep an eye out with yuour local cable or satelite network.

Ive just picked up DVD rights for the 3 seasons - and will have season 1 out in May , season 2 around August (this has just been finished editing) and season 3 is ready Feb 2008. They are 3 DVD sets running some 7 1/2 hrs - will retail around the $35 AUD - or about 14 English pounds. All are PAL Region 0 (All Region) - as its not proper etiquette to blatantly advertise my website here you can link to it off my profile details - take a look at both sites enjoy.
Old 29 Jan 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1828694)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Hi Steve
I have seen the first series and it was very good - having lost interest in the Champcar series after the parade at Brands in 2003, I started taking an interest again!

Thanks for the update on you having acquired the rights to release on DVD. Can you confirm the situation with regards to post #7 on this thread (where I have moved your post to) which states that the first series should have been out on DVD in 2005? Is this already out or did it fail to materialise last time?

Thanks
Old 30 Jan 2007, 05:01 (Ref:1829179)   #21
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Race Car Driver DVDS

Hi Craig - season 1 has been available direct off the Champcar site in the merchandising area since about mid last year - I suspect its NTSC only. Speaking with Rethink Ent series 2 (2006 season) has just been edited for DVD and series 3 starts shooting in March.

TV - you guys who have the series count yourselves lucky - Rethink are busilly trying to place all 3 seasons/series in as many global markets as possible - hopefully Foxtel down here in Australia is listening. It really is a great entertainment series for the motor sport fans and even for the casual viewer of 'reality' entertainment - sure beats a bunch of obese people killing themselves losing all that lard.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 16:04 (Ref:1829513)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Thanks, Steve. Please let us know when this comes to market and let us know how we would order. Maybe give us a peek at how the sets are packaged and presented and details of any extras.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1829683)   #23
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Will do Craig - I should have manufacture parts for series 1 ina couple of weeks closely followed by series 2. You will be able to purchase them direct from our operation - we service all global territories. I will PM you with details.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 21:13 (Ref:1829700)   #24
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Craig - not sure how to PM on this forum but my site is listed in my profile - take a look at that - register on the Barking Mad page on site and your automatically notified by our E newsletter of new titles and promos well in advance of release. Hope that helps.