Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3986983)   #551
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thinking more about it - I guess the whole paddock will be closed to fans this year during the race. Because normally it might have been possible to stand against the fence and see them being wheeled in.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3987000)   #552
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They will presumably be looking to stop or discourage points where people get packed together. Although even with viewing the circuit during the race there are a lot of pinch points. At key times the pit lane walk and scrutineering are particularly bad.

And the podium... ?

It is simple to restrict the pit lane and scrutineering though so might as well.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3987014)   #553
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It will all be very different, but lets hope it happens and we all enjoy it
Old 9 Jul 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3987016)   #554
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The ACO is hiring people for the race so good news

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/2020-...ng-again/53982
Old 9 Jul 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3987063)   #555
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I just had another email from the ACO, telling me that Scrutineering on Wednesday will be inside the circuit and not open to the public. As hopefully i will already be inside the circuit (TR is within the ticket area) i am not sure how that will work.
That's strange, none of my lot have had the email....
Old 10 Jul 2020, 06:46 (Ref:3987122)   #556
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nor have I.

I would be surprised if there is a pit lane walk at all this year. Especially as we have Hyperpole etc on Friday.

I think we have to realise that it will be be very different this year. You cannot go there thinking everything will be normal.

But we should take it for what it is and enjoy what will be a unique event.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 07:04 (Ref:3987130)   #557
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
It was not a general email but a reply to one of my queries about what would be happening and when the campsites were opening, however they did not confirm when sites would be open so assuming Tuesday is ok to arrive
Old 10 Jul 2020, 07:48 (Ref:3987136)   #558
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It was not a general email but a reply to one of my queries about what would be happening and when the campsites were opening, however they did not confirm when sites would be open so assuming Tuesday is ok to arrive
Aha, that explains why this is news to all of us. Last I heard the intention was to give the public access to scrutineering at the circuit, so this really is news, however unsurprising. Every 'public' event timetable still shows scrutineering as part of the programme of events without the non-public proviso, but I agree it's hard to see the pitlane/paddock area being accessible to us this year.

The ACO website was updated re campsite opening dates a while back, but I suspect it was just a transposition of the equivalent June dates to cover the new week in September:

CAMPER VAN & BUS PARKING

PZ54 and P EXPO: open to camper vans only from 09:00 on Sunday 13 September
P Expo BUS: open to buses only; no camping or reception facilities
Camping and reception facilities forbidden – No electrical connections

CAMPSITES

All campsites are open from 09:00 on Sunday 13 September. Your vehicle and your camping equipment (tent, tables, chairs, etc.) must fit on the 35m² pitch. Each vehicle (car, motorbike, camper van) must have its own access pass, left visible on the dashboard.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 08:40 (Ref:3987148)   #559
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
For many years now as you enter the circuit (not campsite) the camping ticket is taken from you and replaced by a sticker that is applied to you car window, so even that part of the announcement re camping is well out of date
Old 10 Jul 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3987177)   #560
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For many years now as you enter the circuit (not campsite) the camping ticket is taken from you and replaced by a sticker that is applied to you car window, so even that part of the announcement re camping is well out of date
That might just be a TR thing. They just write your reg plate on your camping ticket in Houx and other sites.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3987220)   #561
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That might just be a TR thing. They just write your reg plate on your camping ticket in Houx and other sites.
They did it in Epinettes one year and then not the next and then they did the year after... it's a roulette wheel of choice there!
Old 10 Jul 2020, 14:58 (Ref:3987241)   #562
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
A friend of mine contacted the ACO regarding campsite opening times, and they will open on the wednesday at 14.00hrs. I'll be there 9.00hrs. to try to get to the head of the queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Aha, that explains why this is news to all of us. Last I heard the intention was to give the public access to scrutineering at the circuit, so this really is news, however unsurprising. Every 'public' event timetable still shows scrutineering as part of the programme of events without the non-public proviso, but I agree it's hard to see the pitlane/paddock area being accessible to us this year.

The ACO website was updated re campsite opening dates a while back, but I suspect it was just a transposition of the equivalent June dates to cover the new week in September:

CAMPER VAN & BUS PARKING

PZ54 and P EXPO: open to camper vans only from 09:00 on Sunday 13 September
P Expo BUS: open to buses only; no camping or reception facilities
Camping and reception facilities forbidden – No electrical connections

CAMPSITES

All campsites are open from 09:00 on Sunday 13 September. Your vehicle and your camping equipment (tent, tables, chairs, etc.) must fit on the 35m² pitch. Each vehicle (car, motorbike, camper van) must have its own access pass, left visible on the dashboard.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3987242)   #563
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

"Dear Mr ******,

This information needs to be updated.
We confirm your that the campsites will open on Wednesday only.

Thank you fr your understanding.

Best Regards
Old 10 Jul 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3987250)   #564
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
How annoying, well not booked tunnel yet so might do Wednesday crossing now
Old 10 Jul 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3987253)   #565
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Given the amount of crossings this info should definitely have been made more widely available to fans. Should be the first time queuing to get into the campsites then. The first of many new experiences this year I guess.

2pm seems needlessly late to open up. Less than 24 hours before track action begins. Hopefully they'll see sense and open earlier to stop people queuing.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3987260)   #566
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How annoying, well not booked tunnel yet so might do Wednesday crossing now
I'm on a Weds crossing.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3987262)   #567
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Given the amount of crossings this info should definitely have been made more widely available to fans. Should be the first time queuing to get into the campsites then. The first of many new experiences this year I guess.

2pm seems needlessly late to open up. Less than 24 hours before track action begins. Hopefully they'll see sense and open earlier to stop people queuing.
I think the time is so that the scrutineering can take place without the public being admitted.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 17:23 (Ref:3987269)   #568
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I think the time is so that the scrutineering can take place without the public being admitted.
This may be the case but I'd question it. There's still four hours of scrutineering until 6pm.

And if it takes place inside the inspection building at pit-out there's nothing to see anyway - only cars being wheeled inside?
Old 10 Jul 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3987279)   #569
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You will literally see nothing of scrutineering.... The space there is just about large enough to swing an average sized moggy.....
Old 10 Jul 2020, 20:46 (Ref:3987297)   #570
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You will literally see nothing of scrutineering.... The space there is just about large enough to swing an average sized moggy.....
Indeed. No way will they let the public anywhere near it
Old 10 Jul 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3987298)   #571
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They don't want to employ hundreds of staff to man the campsites needlessly
Old 10 Jul 2020, 20:59 (Ref:3987304)   #572
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Allon and I are booked on the overnight Wednesday ferry from Portsmouth so will arrive during practice.

Sean
Old 10 Jul 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3987305)   #573
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
IN Garage Vert they have ha a windscreen sticker for a few years now, last year's is still on the windscreen.

Sean
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3987373)   #574
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm still annoyed with the ACO for not rearranging during the school holidays.

Any recommendations for doing the Friday-evening to Monday-morning dash? Made it back to class for 8am the next day last year but wondering if there's another way to do it.
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3987695)   #575
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm slowly but sadly coming to the conclusion that I will not be able to go in September. While Canada is currently on the safe list for the EU, and BC has the best results of any of the large provinces, it still has a very strict 14 day quarantine for people returning from outside the country. I don't have three weeks of holiday to spare. And if Canada opens the borders to US visitors before September we're hooped. Watching the available flights with my voucher from June in hand just in case, but...
Closed Thread