Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jul 2020, 18:09 (Ref:3988040)   #601
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well if Vince is banned from coming to the UK, that messes up some of my plans for August.
I only will decide around 20th of August, so no plans made or messed up yet
Old 13 Jul 2020, 18:13 (Ref:3988042)   #602
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
For what it's worth...... In the Netherlands we have this always up to date travel advice website:
https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/d...het-buitenland
Yellow means, we are allowed to go there for holidays.
Orange means, only travel if stricly nessesary.
All outside Europe btw is orange.
I guess Belgium also has something like this?
Yes we do. Although I don't think it as up to date as it should be.

https://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl
Old 13 Jul 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3988047)   #603
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Yes we do. Although I don't think it as up to date as it should be.

https://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl
The EU has a site:
http://reopen.europa.eu
It includes that Belgian link in English
Old 13 Jul 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3988058)   #604
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
That website is much better than the Belgian one (no surprise here)
Thx!
Old 14 Jul 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3988153)   #605
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, I also won't be attending Le Mans this year.

It'll be odd not being part of the international camp during Le Mans week, but I'll try and recreate some of the experience in my Leeds city centre flat
Old 14 Jul 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3988154)   #606
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

the Eu does one thing right and that is its website https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8 All of the infop about the organisation you would ever need is there. Even the treaties if you are suffering from insomnia.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic

I'm still retaining my booking with Travel Destinations and based on the current thinking I'll probably not use any grandstands, but stick to the general areas. The outside of Porsche Curves is a good place to be for most of the curtailed event. I'll probably wander around during the evening. Although the may be a need to go to a socially distanced gathering before the race.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3988164)   #607
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I Am considering if we should have a marketplace thread for his unusual high amounts of tickets for sale?
I am happy to create it, if supported by an admin who can move the posts?
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:31 (Ref:3988169)   #608
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm still retaining my booking with Travel Destinations and based on the current thinking I'll probably not use any grandstands, but stick to the general areas. The outside of Porsche Curves is a good place to be for most of the curtailed event. I'll probably wander around during the evening. Although the may be a need to go to a socially distanced gathering before the race.
I think we will all do things differently this year, but pretty sure we will all meet up on saturday morning, although it may be more like a masked ball than the usual meeting

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 14 Jul 2020 at 10:33. Reason: Tidied up the quote tags.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3988170)   #609
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I Am considering if we should have a marketplace thread for his unusual high amounts of tickets for sale?
I am happy to create it, if supported by an admin who can move the posts?
Happy to set the thread up, but I'll ask site permission first.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3988173)   #610
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds a good idea, if we can help people both to buy tickets and move them on if they can't use them, all the better.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3988175)   #611
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will set one up

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...79#post3988179

Last edited by CTD; 14 Jul 2020 at 11:04.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3988188)   #612
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've closed it for the moment Mathias as Peter is in the process of confirming that it's OK to set up the thread.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3988192)   #613
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've closed it for the moment Mathias as Peter is in the process of confirming that it's OK to set up the thread.
Ah, sorry for jumping the gun, I mistook your post as a go ahead
Please administrate the thread as per regulation and desire.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 11:48 (Ref:3988194)   #614
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Ah, sorry for jumping the gun, I mistook your post as a go ahead
Please administrate the thread as per regulation and desire.
No problem Mathias, that was my fault, I see. I don't believe there will be any issue.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3988221)   #615
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The tickets thread is now open, post your ticket needs (or those you need to sell) here -

https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155286

Nowhere else please.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3988222)   #616
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The tickets thread is now open, post your ticket needs (or those you need to sell) here -

https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155286

Nowhere else please.
Thanks Andrew, perhaps we should move the tickets already posted in here?
Old 14 Jul 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3988224)   #617
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I'll take a look back....

Edit. I've moved Mals and Kpy's. Were there any more? They appear before the opening post (as they 'land' in the thread in chronological order), but that doesn't really matter.

I've 'stickied' it as well.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jul 2020 at 13:51.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3988495)   #618
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it appears most people, still going, will be in smaller groups than usual and quiet a few regulars have decided not to attend this year, The ACO are probably still hoping the numbers are below the 50k but what ever happens it appears the place will be much emptier than usual.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3988498)   #619
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Well it appears most people, still going, will be in smaller groups than usual and quiet a few regulars have decided not to attend this year, The ACO are probably still hoping the numbers are below the 50k but what ever happens it appears the place will be much emptier than usual.
Which in many ways is good news for those able to make it. Although I'm obviously sad for those who've decided not to go or have been forced into that decision.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 10:54 (Ref:3988510)   #620
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I've sent an email to the ACO to confirm this. So again, confirmed, until the next change, campsites open wednesday 14.00. I was not to post this on Pistonheads as some cretins over there have been rather rude, but decided against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Quote:

"Dear Mr ******,

This information needs to be updated.
We confirm your that the campsites will open on Wednesday only.

Thank you fr your understanding.

Best Regards
Old 15 Jul 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3988516)   #621
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm very interested to know what the ACO will do with tribune tickets this year. For argument's sake, let's say they'd sold 75% of a tribune - surely not all of those seats can be occupied with social distancing being applied? Even 50% capacity is pretty cramped on those tiny seats and you're less than 1m away from people.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3988528)   #622
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes Vince but there are some nice people on the other forum as well.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 12:57 (Ref:3988530)   #623
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
there are some nice people on the other forum as well.
Really?
Old 15 Jul 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3988533)   #624
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There are also several on there not as nice, but you can not tarnish them all with the same brush.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3988541)   #625
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I said "some cretins". The reason I DID post it, was on behalf of the nice non-cretin-people over there. Although it was pearls before swine, reading the reactions.