Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Jun 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4058131)   #1001
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
They were asked why, and the response was that the extra volume meant that there is not room within the bodywork.
I hope Signatech guys are reading this
Old 25 Jun 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4058142)   #1002
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’d be great if they tuned up to Le Mans with a Jerrycan strapped to the side.
Old 25 Jun 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4058147)   #1003
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, a team has turned up at Le Mans with torches strapped to the doors before.....
Old 25 Jun 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4058156)   #1004
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think it is just an idea, coupled with a bit of fun, and the first high level iteration to maybe be developed further.
Exacto
Old 25 Jun 2021, 16:27 (Ref:4058167)   #1005
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No. If it was about the same, I'd bite the bullet and accept it, but there is also the potential of having to pay import tax as well which means that it could end up costing even more.
Import tax shouldn't be an issue, I had none on mine a month back, got the t-shirt shipped to northern England for the costs that were displayed on the Glick website (whether new rules might come in soon or not I have no idea, could always remain a possibility).

I know what you mean about postage costs though. If it hadn't been for the pandemic keeping me from spending money on holidays and days out, I certainly wouldn't have paid this amount for a tee. However, as the year we've all had (as well as that money saved), I decided to treat myself
Old 28 Jun 2021, 09:42 (Ref:4058582)   #1006
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Import tax shouldn't be an issue, I had none on mine a month back, got the t-shirt shipped to northern England for the costs that were displayed on the Glick website (whether new rules might come in soon or not I have no idea, could always remain a possibility).
I think at the minute it's just about luck and whether customs are too busy to get you're specific package. I've had some stuff shipped which I've been caught for VAT/import and some which I haven't, so I think it's just luck.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 09:59 (Ref:4058585)   #1007
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 10:12 (Ref:4058590)   #1008
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It’s not luck, it simply depends on how much you’re buying (a tshirt was mentioned, so I assumed the discussion was about a single tshirt like I bought).
I only bought 1 tshirt, which was under the amount specified on Gov.uk, so there wasn’t anything extra to pay.
Of course, if you’re buying more and go over the minimum amount, then VAT/customs duty will apply.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4058644)   #1009
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
It’s not luck, it simply depends on how much you’re buying (a tshirt was mentioned, so I assumed the discussion was about a single tshirt like I bought).
I only bought 1 tshirt, which was under the amount specified on Gov.uk, so there wasn’t anything extra to pay.
Of course, if you’re buying more and go over the minimum amount, then VAT/customs duty will apply.
Bought something from Germany worth 330 euros, did have fees to pay. Someone I know bought something worth 1500 euros (from the same company), no fees to pay. So while there is a case of some things being below the threshold, it's also a chunk of luck.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4058730)   #1010
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still agree......
Old 29 Jun 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4058892)   #1011
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Bought something from Germany worth 330 euros, did have fees to pay. Someone I know bought something worth 1500 euros (from the same company), no fees to pay. So while there is a case of some things being below the threshold, it's also a chunk of luck.
Ok, so your mate's good luck meant they got away with it, but it isn't 'bad luck' to have to pay it, it's simply the law. And your mate's good luck doesn't alter the fact that buying the Glick tee, (at the moment, as it's under £39) will not cost extra in customs duty (VAT is added into the price, so isn't an 'extra' that needs to be paid on delivery).

Anyway, let's move on.

Last edited by Hawkwood; 29 Jun 2021 at 18:52.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4059797)   #1012
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well good news for me, i will now be at goodwood on Sunday, thanks to lovely daughter so will actually get to see the cars before Le mans. It will be great to see them and hopefully meet the people behind it.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4060429)   #1013
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On my twitter feed, I just saw a tweet from Goodwood asking if the Glickenhaus is the prettiest car of 2021.

The tweet was promoted by none other than Toyota UK. Very sporting!
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4060447)   #1014
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I randomly tuned into the GFOS feed during the day and the first thing I saw was a gold 004S with a black nose going up the hill at a very leisurely pace (I think it was the first reconnaissance run). The commentators called it "... aaand another car", seemingly having no idea what it was
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4060453)   #1015
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
....but it looked gorgeous......

I was lucky. After my stewarding stint, I happened upon the collecting area where the 007 was waiting and Jim was doing an interview. I then went out and watched Romain Dumas take it up the hill. A little later I was in the paddock just as he brought the car back.....

https://youtu.be/h5IVpmLqYxA
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4060457)   #1016
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:

I was lucky. After my stewarding stint, I happened upon the collecting area where the 007 was waiting and Jim was doing an interview. I then went out and watched Romain Dumas take it up the hill. A little later I was in the paddock just as he brought the car back.....

Nice. Did anything about the 007 stand out to you in person, perhaps, something you haven't noticed watching pictures and videos online?

@Napolis, if you're reading this, is there a plan for a flat out run up the hill for the 007 or just a demo run/burnouts?
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4060458)   #1017
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Thanks for sharing! I couldn't tell what that was that he pulled out of the cockpit. Did you see it?
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4060459)   #1018
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
At the very end - a hammer! Unfortunately I was just turning the video off!
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:59 (Ref:4060461)   #1019
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Nice. Did anything about the 007 stand out to you in person, perhaps, something you haven't noticed watching pictures and videos online?

@Napolis, if you're reading this, is there a plan for a flat out run up the hill for the 007 or just a demo run/burnouts?
I had the impression that Romain will give it a run.

To be honest, I didn't spend long enough looking. I just felt that it looked as good in the flesh as it does on photos/video.

I did say hello to Napolis, but he was quite busy.....
Old 9 Jul 2021, 00:40 (Ref:4060470)   #1020
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That’s ace.

Goodwood have posted a video (not as good as yours) of it going up the hill.
https://twitter.com/goodwoodrrc/stat...640453121?s=21
Old 9 Jul 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4060481)   #1021
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I had the impression that Romain will give it a run.

To be honest, I didn't spend long enough looking. I just felt that it looked as good in the flesh as it does on photos/video.

I did say hello to Napolis, but he was quite busy.....
Come by our box when we're not going up the hill!
Old 9 Jul 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4060490)   #1022
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will be there on Sunday, so will pop in and ask lots of questions. My daughter had a nice time visiting you yesterday and said you were all very friendly and excited about the future. Plans to be there to support you in August are in place as long as France/lACO do not change their mind about letting us be there.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4060492)   #1023
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It will be treat to all those there who will see the car go up the hill.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4060544)   #1024
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Come by our box when we're not going up the hill!
I did yesterday Jim, when Romain brought the car back and we said hello briefly. But I'll pop by again tomorrow afternoon when I get off duty.....
Old 9 Jul 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4060548)   #1025
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
That car is absolutely stunning.