Zhou Guanyu 1 3.57%
Yuki Tsunoda 0 0%
Liam Lawson 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Sep 2023, 06:11 (Ref:4178017)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Japanese Grand Prix 2023

Who gets it?
Old 24 Sep 2023, 07:07 (Ref:4178030)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oscar Piastri. What a superb drive to get his first podium. He wasn't flustered at the start, when Verstappen moved over and kept his head.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4178041)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Oscar for me - not just because he hails from the same city, but because it is seriously impressive to be so strong all weekend and get a podium not only in his rookie season but on his first ever visit to this challenging circuit - pretty damn special. Loved that afterwards he wasn't happy with his race, plenty more to come from him in future years I think!
Old 24 Sep 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4178073)   #4
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oscar!
Old 24 Sep 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4178075)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes oscar gets the oscar from me
Old 24 Sep 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4178089)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oscar for me too.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4178132)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The boring choice but my vote goes to the one man band that is Max!
Old 24 Sep 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4178170)   #8
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really can't see how Perez can go on much longer. He looked like he was less terrible after the summer break, and today he was worse than Sargeant! What the hell was he doing!?
Old 24 Sep 2023, 19:07 (Ref:4178178)   #9
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Oscar for finishing over 17 seconds behind his teammate…? No I give it to Max for securing the team’s title almost alone by himself!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 25 Sep 2023, 07:00 (Ref:4178229)   #10
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is actually quite interesting to compare Fernando and Max. They have personally pulled their teams to that spot they're at, without less help than expected from their team mates. It really is quite striking to see two teams in that situation!
Old 25 Sep 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4178251)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Oscar for finishing over 17 seconds behind his teammate…? No I give it to Max for securing the team’s title almost alone by himself!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

No, not for 17 seconds behind his team mate but for getting his first podium in his rookie year and first full season, with an excellent drive. Max didn't get a podium in his rookie year or his first full season.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 10:46 (Ref:4178256)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Max. Flawless weekend and made Perez look very silly indeed.

I don't understand the votes for Oscar - yes it was a great lap in qualifying but in the race he got soundly beaten by his teammate despite getting a huge dose of luck with the timing of the vsc. A good result for Oscar but Norris had a better race.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 12:08 (Ref:4178267)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I really can't see how Perez can go on much longer. He looked like he was less terrible after the summer break, and today he was worse than Sargeant! What the hell was he doing!?
I think his head's gone. A week or two back I said he might be on the same slippery slope as Dan Riciardo. After Suzuka, the word "might" doesn't come into it.

Here's a theory: the reason Danny Ric got the contract at Alpha Tauri for next year is so that Liam Lawson can be dropped into the second seat at Red Bull when Perez is shown the door at the end of the year.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4178279)   #14
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
No, not for 17 seconds behind his team mate but for getting his first podium in his rookie year and first full season, with an excellent drive. Max didn't get a podium in his rookie year or his first full season.
no he was driving a Toro Rosso car that year that wasn't exactly podium material...
the first race with a decent podium material car was Barcelona 2016.....
Old 25 Sep 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4178280)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This. Piastri for me. It's just tool easy for Max. When he laps the entire field in that car, then DOTR perhaps....
Old 25 Sep 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4178295)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
no he was driving a Toro Rosso car that year that wasn't exactly podium material...
the first race with a decent podium material car was Barcelona 2016.....

I know he was driving a Toro Rosso. The McLaren hasn't been exactly podium material either. Neither Norris nor Piastri have had the luxury of being parachuted into a better car, run by a McLaren senior team. Things really didn't start to turn around until the British GP and 6 races on from that, McLaren have now got a double podium.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 21:39 (Ref:4178333)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Plus it was Piastri's first visit to Suzuka. To qual 2nd and finish 3rd was a mighty job!
The guy is only going to get better and better.
He may get more fab results this year but for me what he does next year will be fascinating to see.