Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4180449)   #51
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I imagine they're going to allocate additional tyres? Or I assume so. If not this will get really interesting lol.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4180454)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Safety is of course the overwhelming priority but I’m glad there is a solution that allows the race to go ahead. The additional stops, the opportunity to earn time on the in and out laps…this could be an interesting driving challenge.

Unusually positive this morning I guess lol
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4180462)   #53
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What about Pérez penalties? Last place for using a "third car" plus may be 15".
Old 8 Oct 2023, 15:30 (Ref:4180475)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
What about Pérez penalties? Last place for using a "third car" plus may be 15".

This Motorsport article explains why he got the penalty.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...each/10530466/
Old 8 Oct 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4180476)   #55
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks! More complete than what can be found in an other language. I read elsewhere that a recommendation has been made to study this kind of case later.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:01 (Ref:4180480)   #56
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kinda surprised that they needed to build up a new chassis for "sidepod and floor damage".
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4180481)   #57
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
They took the opportunity to change some other parts : "Perez is now required to start the GP from pitlane after exceeding the prescribed number of power unit components by taking a fifth internal combustion engine, turbocharger, MGU-H and MGU-K plus a fourth control electronics package as part of the repairs."
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4180482)   #58
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz won't take the start.

Teams have not been given any extra tyres to cope with the 3 stopper lol.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4180485)   #59
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
This reminds me of the '08 Brickyard 400. Just replace NASCAR with FIA/F1 and Goodyear with Pirelli.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:56 (Ref:4180487)   #60
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Sainz won't take the start.

Teams have not been given any extra tyres to cope with the 3 stopper lol.
Hope there are 10 stops
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4180488)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Hope there are 10 stops
I hope there's an early SC but the SC ends on lap 15, forcing them to all pit 2-3 laps later
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4180489)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz's non participation is due to a fuel system issue.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...blem/10530545/
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:06 (Ref:4180490)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That start was ridiculous and hilarious.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4180491)   #64
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I hope there's an early SC but the SC ends on lap 15, forcing them to all pit 2-3 laps later

You got your early SC.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4180492)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You got your early SC.
Lets be honest, we all expected Stroll or Logan, not Lewis and George.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:15 (Ref:4180493)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:34 (Ref:4180503)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Verstappen. 14 consecutive wins from pole.

Congrats to McLaren on another double podium.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4180509)   #68
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
However the people making noise about Max getting prime focus after the sprint need to get a grip

I think I am allowed to think and say what I want? If you not agree is no problem.
But not change my opionion.

The tyre situation was really stupid.

And last time when Michelin had not suitable tyres they (*) made sure they (**) disappeared from championship soon after.
But Pirelli get contract extension.

Quote:
No?

Maybe not this race but I am not surprised they crashed. They were very aggressive to another already many times before.
I think it would happen some time.

(*) they = FIA.
(**) they = Michelin

Last edited by rika; 8 Oct 2023 at 18:55.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4180513)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
I think I am allowed to think and say what I want? If you not agree is no problem.
But not change my opionion.

The tyre situation was really stupid.

And last time when Michelin had not suitable tyres they made sure they disappeared from championship soon after.
But Pirelli get contract extension.

No?

Maybe not this race but I am not surprised they crashed. They were very aggressive to another already many times before.
I think it would happen some time.
lol
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4180517)   #70
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
lol

Maybe I did not explain well.
I see now and apologize.
I edited to make clear.
I used they 2 times, but 1 tiem I mean FIA, other time I mean Michelin.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 19:21 (Ref:4180525)   #71
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least Lewis has had the decency after looking at replays, to admit it was 100% his fault.

At least with Toto not there the headphones got a reprieve.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 07:00 (Ref:4180611)   #72
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=bjohnsonsmith;4180503]Congrats to Verstappen. 14 consecutive wins from pole.

14 wins this season, not all came from pole...
Old 9 Oct 2023, 08:07 (Ref:4180622)   #73
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
[QUOTE=nobster;4180611]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Verstappen. 14 consecutive wins from pole.

14 wins this season, not all came from pole...
No, but he's still converted 14 consecutive poles into wins...
Old 9 Oct 2023, 08:08 (Ref:4180623)   #74
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I imagine they're going to allocate additional tyres? Or I assume so. If not this will get really interesting lol.
They just don't carry that many spares around. That's why teams have to say what they want in advance.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 08:16 (Ref:4180625)   #75
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Don't forget that Pirelli have to ship, not fly, their tyres to the races outside Europe. In the case of Qatar, I would imagine that the container/s left the factory at least 4 weeks ago, probably even longer.