Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Apr 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4048057)   #576
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we are now approaching the end of April and now announcement yet from the ACO, not sure they are in a position yet to confirm anything, but the situation in some parts of europe is improving so fingers still crossed
Old 27 Apr 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4048072)   #577
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
as it stands right now, the Sarthe is one of the worst affected regions.

https://covidtracker.fr/dashboard-departements/

If Uk government travel criteria were applied equally, France would be on the red list, requiring 2 weeks compulsory isolation on return, but politically, that just is'nt possible given how much of our imports come via France.

I fully expect Le Mans to be open to spectators, but only those with a negative covipass. (and hopefully Euro/UK equivalent)
https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/2021042...el-vaccination
Old 27 Apr 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4048086)   #578
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
so, with a small prayer to this weeks chosen deity, marshalling application filed with the ACO.
Old 27 Apr 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4048089)   #579
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
so, with a small prayer to this weeks chosen deity, marshalling application filed with the ACO.
Well make sure we know what post you are on so if we are there we can all wave at you, when it is safe to do so.
Old 27 Apr 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4048103)   #580
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well make sure we know what post you are on so if we are there we can all wave at you, when it is safe to do so.
all being well, Mulsanne, Postes 8 & 9, on the outside, Decathlon to Audi.

not many able to wave at us
Old 27 Apr 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4048118)   #581
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to the combined glass bottle and COVID passport checks at the campsite entrance. Both of equal importance.

In all seriousness I think it makes a lot of sense and hopefully the ACO can implement something like this. I guess multiple apps across multiple countries might make it tricky to know what you're looking at in some cases.
Old 27 Apr 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4048122)   #582
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
all being well, Mulsanne, Postes 8 & 9, on the outside, Decathlon to Audi.

not many able to wave at us
In the old days i would watch some from the restaurants but not done that for many years, oh well if i do get to brands this year them perhaps i can wave at you there.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 07:01 (Ref:4048198)   #583
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well we are now approaching the end of April and now announcement yet from the ACO, not sure they are in a position yet to confirm anything, but the situation in some parts of europe is improving so fingers still crossed
ACO is not due to make an announcement about ticketing until some time next month.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4048221)   #584
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
ACO is not due to make an announcement about ticketing until some time next month.
Must have missed that one, the last thing i had from the ACO talked about end of April, but to be honest i am not surprised, things are not really in a better position at the moment.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4048224)   #585
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They are obviously still waiting to see what happens. Hopefully not too long for an announcement. But it’s right they put it off, they still have four months, so time for things to pick up. Hopefully it will have improved enough for fans to attend, even if there are restrictions. We’ll see
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4048227)   #586
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Must have missed that one, the last thing i had from the ACO talked about end of April, but to be honest i am not surprised, things are not really in a better position at the moment.
Certainly the last email I had (which I think was the poster unveiling) talked about the end of April.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4048230)   #587
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Here, last sentence, and I believe M.Fillon has referenced further details regarding ticketing being released in May in an interview for one of the French news outlets. Website hasn't been updated though, still says further details by end of April, but I'm sure that's wrong and simply hasn't been updated.

We'll know which is right in the next 48 hours...
Old 28 Apr 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4048276)   #588
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Here, last sentence, and I believe M.Fillon has referenced further details regarding ticketing being released in May in an interview for one of the French news outlets. Website hasn't been updated though, still says further details by end of April, but I'm sure that's wrong and simply hasn't been updated.

We'll know which is right in the next 48 hours...
When they announced the race week schedule they definitely said May. Makes sense to push the date back and gather more information.

Looks like for Brits travelling abroad the NHS App is going to become our COVID passport. So could be useful for Le Mans. If we're allowed in.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4048284)   #589
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They are obviously still waiting to see what happens. Hopefully not too long for an announcement. But it’s right they put it off, they still have four months, so time for things to pick up. Hopefully it will have improved enough for fans to attend, even if there are restrictions. We’ll see
Four months?
In four months the race will be over.
Last year the decision to hold the race without spectators was announced on 10 August, about 5 weeks before the race was held, but the tickets had been sold long before. No tickets were ever put on sale for the planned "Villages" event.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4048338)   #590
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
115 days I think to raceday..... It sounds a lot, but there is still a lot of progress that needs to be made yet.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4048416)   #591
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It sounds a lot, but there is still a lot of progress that needs to be made yet.
How true. ATM, the other french meetings are all TBC and to be held behind closed doors at least those planed before early Aug (including french Historic Tour and Peter Auto events). Hope for you all here you can enjoy the race in the flesh, would be good news for everyone.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4048463)   #592
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Well, news are that from 1st July spectators could be allowed to attempt any fair or meeting, depending on the local H situation and having a H passport called "pass sanitaire" here. Not sorted yet but we know in which direction the end of the tunnel could be. As to the light… wait a bit, please!
Old 29 Apr 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4048505)   #593
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
La Sarthe is one of the 15 french departments where the covid incidence rate are the highest.
Old 1 May 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4048891)   #594
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
https://www.autosport.com/le-mans/ne...mpression=true

well some news
Old 1 May 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4048892)   #595
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Also had an email from the ACO about renewal of membership due end of June, not sure i had much out of it for the last year, but if we are allowed to go in August i suspect members only so will need to pay again.
Old 1 May 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4048901)   #596
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yep, but we really knew that already....
Old 1 May 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4048902)   #597
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Also had an email from the ACO about renewal of membership due end of June, not sure i had much out of it for the last year, but if we are allowed to go in August i suspect members only so will need to pay again.
That's interesting. Mine renews next month but I've not had an email about it.
Old 1 May 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4048911)   #598
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh Pierre, you tease!

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...d-24h-le-mans/
Old 1 May 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4048925)   #599
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Fairly encouraging. If they could sort out that testing infrastructure/checks then it might mean more people can attend.

Still feels like a lot of hurdles to jump through. Vaccine passport would solve a lot of their issues too.
Old 1 May 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4048945)   #600
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
They expect now to open with 30 to 50 thousands people. Of course it will depend of the situation!!