Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 31 Oct 2002, 19:35 (Ref:418747)   #1
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy at Players

Has anyone else noticed that whenever they interview Paul Tracy in the pits, he's always standing with the Players Team? Guess I would too if I were in Paul's shoes.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 20:15 (Ref:418783)   #2
Tiresmoke
Racer

Tiresmoke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would you hang out with a team that just fined you $300K for breech of contract?
Old 31 Oct 2002, 23:20 (Ref:418953)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or who are a bunch of lying deserters?

I haven't heard about this particular fine before. What gives?
Old 1 Nov 2002, 00:02 (Ref:418978)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed that too camcartfan... whenever there's a picture of him or an interview of him in the Cart paddock, there just seems to be Player's logo or the blue in the background. It must be an interesting time to hang around the Cart paddock.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 1 Nov 2002, 03:04 (Ref:419046)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hrmmm, I must say I didn't really notice him with them last weekend. A lot of the Brazilians seemed to hang out, while Franchitti was at the opposite end of pitlane from Paul and Michael..
Old 1 Nov 2002, 08:44 (Ref:419146)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Nor have I heard anything about the $300K fine. More info, anybody?
Old 1 Nov 2002, 10:11 (Ref:419195)   #7
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Surfer's Paradise right after the big crash, they interviewed Paul in the Players pit. BTW, he had a non-descript jacket covering his KOOL logos. Paul is a stud!

Tiresmoke brought up the $300k fine but never elaborated further. I hadn't heard anything either. Sounds wrong.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 10:32 (Ref:419211)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon that Paul was hanging out around the Forsythe camp because their beer cooler was from Canada.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 11:40 (Ref:419244)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And because he can't be fined for simply standing.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 19:12 (Ref:419699)   #10
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always liked Paul because he's street smart "and helps out young karters". He knows how to play the game for sure. I wonder if there will be one last parting stoush with his royal highness Barry Green...
Old 1 Nov 2002, 21:37 (Ref:419797)   #11
LateBraker
Rookie

LateBraker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't care if Paul takes out half the field EVERY race next year...I'll still love the guy!
Old 1 Nov 2002, 23:10 (Ref:419897)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still find it amazing how everyone 'loves' him since Indianapolis. Before that, no-one did.

But I'm in the same boat! He is the true face of CART at the moment. A real racer, refuses to sell himself for money.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 00:03 (Ref:419932)   #13
Liz
Veteran

I have always liked PT. I like a man who speaks his mind.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 06:20 (Ref:419997)   #14
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit that I didn't like PT at all when he first started out in CART. Over the years I think he has matured as driver and a sportsman. Over the last two years I've grown to like him very much. This season in particular, he has been one I've watched and pulled for.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 08:25 (Ref:420013)   #15
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always followed PT, he is the style of driver I like- fiery and controversial, a real racer's racer. I'm so glad he's not going to IRL. When he was at Penske, he was so untamable, like a wild animal. Over the last few years, he has mellowed a bit and is a terrific racer, if he qualifies down the back for whatever reason, you know he's going to come through! Great value.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport