Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Feb 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2828429)   #426
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well... no full-season entries, but manufacturer points should come from "local" teams, i.e Lizards, Paul Miller and Falken in ALMS and Felbermayr-Prospeed-IMSA-GruppeM in LMS.
Hmm... yes.

(*insert Hindy-voice here*)
Old 9 Feb 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2828432)   #427
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I am a bit confused. BMW Motorsport has 2 full season entries in the GTE Pro class. Doesn't that mean that they have to run cars in Sebring and PLM under the "BMW Motorsport" banner as well?

RLR can score points for the GTE manufacturers title, but not for GTE Pro team title
Old 9 Feb 2011, 14:01 (Ref:2828433)   #428
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I am a bit confused. BMW Motorsport has 2 full season entries in the GTE Pro class. Doesn't that mean that they have to run cars in Sebring and PLM under the "BMW Motorsport" banner as well?

RLR can score points for the GTE manufacturers title, but not for GTE Pro team title
exacly, teams score for teams, cars for manus, for a team to get point he must enter the cup, so whil RLR races in some ILMC events it wont score point in the Team Cup, but it will in the Manu cup for BMW
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2828439)   #429
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I thought that (team) entries are supposed to participate in all ILMC rounds. Apparently you can miss the first round (Sebring) is your car is not ready. However BMW Motorsport/Schnitzer will miss both Sebring and PLM. That confuses me...
Old 9 Feb 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2828444)   #430
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
I thought that (team) entries are supposed to participate in all ILMC rounds.
Okay, I just checked the sporting regulations of ILMC. I was mistaken. You don't need to participate in all races if you take a full season entry.

A full season entry is probably cheaper than per round entries...

You can score team points with 2 cars. So BMW Motorsport has a good chance of winning the ILMC team title even if they miss 2 rounds.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2828466)   #431
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did I miss an announcement (or rumor) from Drayson? I expected to see them on this list...
Old 9 Feb 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2828493)   #432
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Did I miss an announcement (or rumor) from Drayson? I expected to see them on this list...
They've announced nothing as of yet. Not on ILMC, not on the Le Mans entry either. So looks like it'll be either an ALMS campaign or nothing. I'm very much hoping for the former.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2828523)   #433
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
They've announced nothing as of yet. Not on ILMC, not on the Le Mans entry either. So looks like it'll be either an ALMS campaign or nothing. I'm very much hoping for the former.
Then you'll be disappointed
Old 9 Feb 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2828528)   #434
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought that (team) entries are supposed to participate in all ILMC rounds. Apparently you can miss the first round (Sebring) is your car is not ready. However BMW Motorsport/Schnitzer will miss both Sebring and PLM. That confuses me...
RLR will run as BMW Motorsport for Sebring.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2828540)   #435
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
RLR will run as BMW Motorsport for Sebring.
And they can score points for ALMS under that name
Old 9 Feb 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2828557)   #436
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And they can score points for ALMS under that name
Who knows, but on the Sebring Entry list there are 2 BMW Motorsport M3's and no RLR M3's.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2828560)   #437
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Then you'll be disappointed

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dra...67503219956805

Quote:
Drayson Racing Unfortunetally Drayson Racing will not participate in either the ILMC or the 24 hours of Le Mans. We will be participating in the ALMS.
Drayson's facebook page seems to have other ideas.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2828563)   #438
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I dont thing RLR will score points for Sebring in ALMS, but the drivers and Manuf should
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2828564)   #439
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Drayson's facebook page seems to have other ideas.
But they're not on Sebring entry list either...unless that's a subect to change. Any new prototype entry for ALMS is a relief.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2828647)   #440
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
So no Drayson then, as Graham already (kind of) announced. DSC will come with a detailed story very soon (according to their website) about their non-appearance. The earlier news that Dale White and other staff had left the team was a clear indication.

I'm sure Lord Drayson is very much interested in running a hybrid car. Maybe he realised in 2011 it is still very early days for this new kind of technology (in racing, not on the road) and wouldn't be as compitative as he would have wanted and decided to focus on 2012 perhaps? Or he disagrees with the ACO not running more eco-friendly fuel in the ILMC/LM24?
Old 9 Feb 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2828658)   #441
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
No Porsche is terrible. Anyway, in LMP1 and GTE Pro it should be all about manufacturers, not teams.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2828672)   #442
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We got what we all wanted. There is going to be a pro flying lizard entry at lemans. lets start a lemans thread. theres lots of exciting stories
Old 9 Feb 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2828674)   #443
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
We got what we all wanted. There is going to be a pro flying lizard entry at lemans. lets start a lemans thread. theres lots of exciting stories
There's already a section for Le Mans-related threads.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2828923)   #444
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
So no Drayson then, as Graham already (kind of) announced. DSC will come with a detailed story very soon (according to their website) about their non-appearance. The earlier news that Dale White and other staff had left the team was a clear indication.

I'm sure Lord Drayson is very much interested in running a hybrid car. Maybe he realised in 2011 it is still very early days for this new kind of technology (in racing, not on the road) and wouldn't be as compitative as he would have wanted and decided to focus on 2012 perhaps? Or he disagrees with the ACO not running more eco-friendly fuel in the ILMC/LM24?
There were a few hints on Murphy last year that the Drayson team had aspirations to become a constructor in their own right- maybe taking time out to gear up for a Drayson LMP?

From December:
Lord Drayson hasn’t yet announced his return to the American Le Mans Series. He may, but a new shop, interest in becoming a constructor, and contesting the ILMC are priorities that could easily push the ALMS aside

http://murphythebear.com/blog/index....quiz-imminent/

A life member of the Peerage was poking about in Leafield, giving credence to rumors he’ll join the ranks of prototype constructors. Leafield is where the former TWR shops are located. Lord Drayson is rumored to want to build his own chassis. A source said he was touring the TWR facilities. Murphy’s heard nothing since.

http://murphythebear.com/blog/index....adding-detail/

Might explain the Drayson story that DSC said they're 'sitting on'- maybe Drayson isn't ready to go public on future plans just yet?

Last edited by KA; 10 Feb 2011 at 08:48.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2833451)   #445
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have there been any announcements regarding ILMC tv coverage? More specifically, will there be coverage in the US?
Old 18 Feb 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2833498)   #446
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Have there been any announcements regarding ILMC tv coverage? More specifically, will there be coverage in the US?
Getting a bit nervous now to be honest. Having this new series is pretty much pointless if you have no platform to broadcast anyone's achievements.

(With my European hat on) I'm sure Motors would take it. Today alone they have announced both GT Open and the Blancpain Endurance Series. Eurosport would give each race about an hours worth of screentime at best.

Internet has to be the way forward IMO for these long races. I'd be surprised if the ACO have even remembered about coverage to be honest.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2833505)   #447
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Eurosport would give each race about an hours worth of screentime at best.
I've got a feeling that they give more screen time to Seat Leon Eurocup and Maserati GT4 Trofeo...

Le Mans deal for Eurosport is 100% done, but I'm not sure if they really want the other six races (+ the two remaining LMS rounds). Previously they haven't shown any interest towards LMS. Maybe they were just a mandatory part of the ACO's LM24 deal in the past...
Old 18 Feb 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2833516)   #448
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last I read the team organising and promoting the series was all new and headed up by a former boss of Michelins racing dpt. with improved media coverage being a priority.

Wasn't RLM signed up some time back?
Old 18 Feb 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2833519)   #449
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Nuf said
Old 19 Feb 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2833690)   #450
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
With around 60 entries expected for Sebring, Spa and maybe the other races as well problems could arise with the maximum allowed number of starters.

Sebring - 60
Spa - 64
(Le Mans - 56)
Imola - 54?
Silverstone - 60?
Petit Le Mans - 50! (see here) (suppose a few teams will be disappointed...)
China - ??

Please correct if I'm wrong.