Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 23 Aug 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1075503)   #1
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memory Card Problem

I need some help with a little problem I have. I was at the Brands BTCC meeting last weekend and took plenty of photos with my Fujifilm S5000 on my three memory cards. Once I got home I started downloading my photos like usual, first card of photos - great. I put my second memory card in, it started downloading my last 48 shots and completely ignored the first 150 or so I have on the card! I downloaded the photos it would let me, unhooked the camera and browsed through my memory card while it was in the camera and it shows all my shots so I tried to download them again but still no luck, it's like the pc or software on the pc doesn't see the first 150 or so photos and automatically jumps to the last 48 photos and just completely ignores the others. So what I did next was try the 3rd memory card and like the first card every photo downloaded as usual. Thinking that this was a bit strange I rang up the helpline to get more info and he didn't really tell me what could have caused it, just that I have to send in the card and camera.

Have any of you had this kind of problem before? Do any of you know what the cause would be, and whether it will even be possible to download the photos it seems to ignore? Might I loose them all together?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 23 Aug 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1075517)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Are the image numbers on all three cards the same as each other, I.E. has the camera started from scratch on each card with the same numbers.
If so maybe the pc software is thinking it has downloaded the images already. On my Canon the software only downloads new images, with my Nikon everything gets downloaded everytime I plug the camera into the PC.
Old 23 Aug 2004, 21:27 (Ref:1075571)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I accidentally created a second file on my Minolta, so I only downloaded the pictures from one of them. Is something similar a possibility?
Old 23 Aug 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1075588)   #4
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Well I used to have a similar problem so I renamed the date of the folder the photos had down loaded into and after that all my photos would download from the different cards, just as long as I remembered to rename the file before the next lot. So unfortunately this isn't the problem

Old 24 Aug 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1075979)   #5
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Are you using Fuji's software to download the pictures? If so... you can browse to the images using Windows Explorer instead and try and copy them off like that?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 11:29 (Ref:1076039)   #6
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Cougar21, your a life saver! It worked using windows explorer so I now have the pictures, I still do not understand why they didn't download with fuji software but I have the photos now which is the main thing. Thanks.

Last edited by Duffacus; 24 Aug 2004 at 11:29.

Old 24 Aug 2004, 13:26 (Ref:1076149)   #7
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I used to use Fujis software with my old camera, found it a waste of time, as all it is to Windows is external disk anyway, so just use explorer.

My S5000 has never given me problems that way, except on Sunday when the batteries ran out during download!
Old 24 Aug 2004, 13:39 (Ref:1076163)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
Cougar21, your a life saver! It worked using windows explorer so I now have the pictures, I still do not understand why they didn't download with fuji software but I have the photos now which is the main thing. Thanks.
Sorry, I meant to say I always use explorer to download now.
ooopppps
Old 24 Aug 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1076241)   #9
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Yes I think I may just use the Windows Explorer option to download them now too. God knows whats wrong with the Fuji software!

Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1077055)   #10
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep i always just browse to the camera through explorer / mycomputer and copy them off that way straight to the correct location.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1077138)   #11
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Cool all the fuji users come out Ive never used the software at all... Find it much quicker to just copy it off from the Removable Drive.

I have the s7000 with the 1.5x adapter? How do you guys like your S5000's?

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1077296)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm a confirmed Fuji fan too - I've got a 2800Zoom and now I've upgraded to an S7000 (I just couldn't get on with the Minolta). I use the Fuji software but I use a card reader rather than plugging in the camera. I haven't experienced any problems with either version of the software. I particularly like the file naming convention on it.

I've recently bought ADCSee for managing the pictures after they've donwloaded and for doing any editing I need. I'd been using a trial version for a while and hankered for some of the extra features. I find it unbeatable.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1077366)   #13
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
I had the 2400Z then the 2800Z then the S7000 Great camera's!

Nothing better for viewing pictures than ACDSee and it has some handy editing tools as well!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1077380)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
S602 user here, the Fuji software is OK and I have found it dead easy to use,saying that I wouldn't be using it for much longer I am upgrade to a Canon 20D very very soon. As for taking the pictures of I have never had a problem, apart from when the battries go flat......
Old 25 Aug 2004, 23:39 (Ref:1077518)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
That's scary, Cougar, someone who thinks the same as me! Had the S7000 for 4 days now, so I'm itching to find somewhere to use it. I can see lots of pictures of the Gurston paddock coming up this week-end, followed by a stop at a National Trust on the way home.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1077739)   #16
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Id love to see your guys pictures!! So if you have them on the web let me know!

Mine are mostly HERE Cant say Im much good at motorsport photography though ... Im learning

Last edited by Cougar21; 26 Aug 2004 at 08:31.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 12:20 (Ref:1077983)   #17
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Well I've never had any problems with camera itself, and i think it's really simple to use so for the moment I'm happy with it. Im only 16 and will be doing a two year photography course at collage so it's the perfect camera for me. I thought about the S7000 but for now thought it was not worth the extra money for the reasons I just said above.Here is my website, I starting using the Fuji from the BTCC meeting at Oulton Park onwards.

Last edited by Duffacus; 26 Aug 2004 at 12:21.

Old 26 Aug 2004, 18:15 (Ref:1078337)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Can do pictures, not very up on websites...