Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3983211)   #401
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We are still hoping all is going to be good, but the outbreaks that keep raising their ugly heads is not a good sign.
Old 22 Jun 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3983214)   #402
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Despite I asked for a refund of my tickets I',m looking into buying tickets for september. Lot's of grandstands are still available so no problem there. Funny thing about camping is..... only Beausejour is for sale, WHY? I'm pretty sure other sites have lot's of space left.
The ACO campsite selection seems quite bad to me generally. There should be plenty for sale with agents though, although they may ask to hold off on ordering until the ACO announcement comes in.

Those rising R numbers are not ideal but they seem to be localised generally. Stay away from meat markets/factories! However it does show that nothing is guaranteed - even if by some miracle we do get the news we all want for September.
Old 22 Jun 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3983217)   #403
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am guessing that the vacant grandstand seats are either agencies where customers are deferring to 2021 (Travel Destinations quoted one third opting for 2021 recently) or like me, individuals who have taken the credit note option.

I'm taking the view that if it is possible to go then we will and see what is available at the time
Old 22 Jun 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3983223)   #404
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As you say i think if we go then the ACO will release further instructions and we will all have to adapt to them
Old 22 Jun 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3983280)   #405
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
I am guessing that the vacant grandstand seats are either agencies where customers are deferring to 2021 (Travel Destinations quoted one third opting for 2021 recently) or like me, individuals who have taken the credit note option.

I'm taking the view that if it is possible to go then we will and see what is available at the time
Could well be. I get tickets from an agency for the guys I used to go with, and after the sad death of the leader of the group, they decided they wouldn't be going this year. So they deferred until next year
Old 23 Jun 2020, 07:12 (Ref:3983322)   #406
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am hoping the plan is to only allow those who already have tickets. Of my group we started as 40 and of those 10 have already pulled out for September - which is a 25% reduction. Add that to those who book tickets late then I think attendance could be well under 100,000 anyway - which would be pretty spread out with the scale of the place.

The potential issue with that is that I would expect the the largest group who book tickets late would be the locals who turn up for the party & the concert etc. It is probably the international travellers that book further ahead.

I also understand the idea on members only - but that would cause a problem for groups like ours where there are one or two members and the rest are not.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3983323)   #407
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I am hoping the plan is to only allow those who already have tickets.

I hope you're wrong!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 23 Jun 2020 at 08:58.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 07:24 (Ref:3983326)   #408
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Le Vieux;3983323]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I am hoping the plan is to only allow those who already have tickets.

I hope you're wrong!
I probably have a spare ticket or two!
Old 23 Jun 2020, 08:45 (Ref:3983335)   #409
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Due to problems with getting the camping tickets, i do not yet have race tickets but do have the camping one, as a member i hope this means i will be able to attend. As said if it happens and i am allowed to attend i will be there.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3983339)   #410
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The re-opening of Disneyland Paris on 15th July may lend some support to a decent number of spectators at Le Mans in September. Brits are going to need our government to relax the 14 day quarantine for the French though, as that is imposed for us in France as a 'retaliatory' measure....
Old 23 Jun 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3983340)   #411
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Although I've not found it myself, a have it from a very reliable source than they will be allowing 24,000 daily, which is half the pre-Covid maximum. They have a big site, but that's a lot of people each day.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 10:04 (Ref:3983347)   #412
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Although I've not found it myself, a have it from a very reliable source than they will be allowing 24,000 daily, which is half the pre-Covid maximum. They have a big site, but that's a lot of people each day.
And how will they calculate it? There are nowhere near 24,000 spectators at, say Arnage/Indianapolis, or at Mulsanne, but the total in the stands on either side of the track at the start/finish line almost certainly exceeds that. 24,000 in a footballl stadium might be a problem, but spread the crowds out round a circuit the size of La Sarthe and they could be thin on the ground in parts.

I'm sure more than 24,000 people watch the Tour de France, but spread out all over France, I can't see that as a problem.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 10:34 (Ref:3983355)   #413
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yup, announced today.
The limit will be 25,000 visitors per day to Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios combined.
Tickets will be on-line only, wearing masks will be compulsory for visitors and staff, with enforced 1 metre distancing, limitations of capacity on the attractions, and in shops and restaurants, provision of 2,000 hygienic gel distributors and so on.
Sounds fun.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3983357)   #414
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not my cuppa Christopher, for sure..... but there is some encouragement there (for us)?
Old 23 Jun 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3983360)   #415
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Nor mine, Andrew. It's the practicalities of the health and safety regulations that interest me. Could this be done at Le Mans?

I don't think that even those who make the rules currently know what those rules will be in September.

We shall just have to cross our fingers and wait and see.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3983364)   #416
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure that france does impose 14 days quarantine on people going there, friend headed there last week and is certainly not self isolating, while doing up his new money pit just north of le mans.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3983366)   #417
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well lockdown easing just been announced here in UK so all looking positive for September.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 11:53 (Ref:3983368)   #418
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not sure that france does impose 14 days quarantine on people going there, friend headed there last week and is certainly not self isolating, while doing up his new money pit just north of le mans.
Quarantine coming from UK is the law in France.
It's not being strictly enforced. It"s being based on trust. If your friend is being sensible when going shopping or taking exercise he'll be fine
Judging by experiences posted on social media, I don't think it's being strictly enforced in the other direction in UK either,
Old 23 Jun 2020, 12:07 (Ref:3983375)   #419
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well lockdown easing just been announced here in UK so all looking positive for September.
UK is coming down from 2 metre to 1 metre distancing, bringing it into line with France and other European countries.

When it comes to making regulations for attendance at sporting events in September the French government will assess the risks to health balanced against the damage to the economy in France, that's all.

We are coming out of lock-down, but very cautiously. I had tickets for the opera Carmen in Paris in October, but the entire production has now been postponed - to 2023.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3983376)   #420
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
UK is coming down from 2 metre to 1 metre distancing, bringing it into line with France and other European countries.

When it comes to making regulations for attendance at sporting events in September the French government will assess the risks to health balanced against the damage to the economy in France, that's all.

We are coming out of lock-down, but very cautiously. I had tickets for the opera Carmen in Paris in October, but the entire production has now been postponed - to 2023.
Crikey - that's quite a postponement.....
Old 23 Jun 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3983386)   #421
Kpy
Veteran

Isn't it just Andrew!
Reasons for the long postponement are the international cast, including the orchestra from China and the co-production with Zurich Opera House, but also the house is sold out and current regulations allow only a half-full house...
Old 23 Jun 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3983391)   #422
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Quarantine coming from UK is the law in France.
It's not being strictly enforced. It"s being based on trust. If your friend is being sensible when going shopping or taking exercise he'll be fine
Judging by experiences posted on social media, I don't think it's being strictly enforced in the other direction in UK either,
I think the chance of mike obeying anything is slightly below zero, all those from our campsite have seen the death trap of a van he drove to le mans last week, it blends into the background like a a giraffe in a herd of wilderbeast, the french police are more likely to injure them selves laughing than stop him.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 15:14 (Ref:3983421)   #423
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's all moving in the right direction - it's just at what point does the ACO need to make the call, one way or the other, around attendance. A June 30 announcement implies that it needs to be sooner rather than later - and has probably already been made.
Old 23 Jun 2020, 15:18 (Ref:3983422)   #424
Kpy
Veteran

Different sport, different continent, I know, but the Ryder Cup, due to be held 25/27 September is reported to be postponed to 2021
Old 23 Jun 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3983438)   #425
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Different sport, different continent, I know, but the Ryder Cup, due to be held 25/27 September is reported to be postponed to 2021
It's a biennial tournament, so pushing it back two years keeps it in line with all other major tournament plans.