Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Dec 2002, 07:32 (Ref:452427)   #1
Steven Hopper
Rookie

Steven Hopper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stolen Trailer

Last night, my Brian James Minno Trailer s/n BJT-AK-97-5497, was stolen from the Maidenhead area.

It had a tyre rack with 5 mini se7en dry tyres padlocked to it.

If any one is offered the trailer and or tyres please let me know.

Thank you.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 14:14 (Ref:453476)   #2
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steve, very sorry to hear your news. We also suffered the same fate on 22 November (see Historic and Marshalls forums) when our bespoke, custom built, fully enclosed trailer got stolen - in Slough. Doesn't take too many brain cells to work out that it's probably the same people involved.

We also lost expensive wheels, tyres and other equipment which was locked in the trailer. They must have been around a few times to spec ut what they needed as we had lots of security on it - not only for the insurance but also because we really, really didin't want to lose it.

Safe to say the police are only interested in giving our crime reference numbers for the insurance. Doubt we will ever see our trailer again but if I hear of your I will get in touch. Was it insured?

Louise Kennedy
Old 19 Dec 2002, 22:07 (Ref:453792)   #3
Steven Hopper
Rookie

Steven Hopper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Police have been quite helpful as it is 'car crime month'.
Unfortunatley, it wasn't insured as it was too expensive and I could not secure it as well as they wanted. I have since found, after the event, some one else who could have insured it for me.

Never mind.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 10:23 (Ref:454087)   #4
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had my new Brian James Club 1200 stolen from my driveway last June. It had a big yellow wheel clamp on it that seemed to do nothing, they reversed a Gold Volvo estate onto the drive and just drove off. Grrr - I was in Eindhoven at he time so couldn't give chase.

Trailers are an absolute liability - no registration of ownership and high 2nd hand value means they are a prime target fro thieving scum.

I've only got a 2 car garage so don't want to fill it up with a trailer. Thus we now have electric gates on the driveway, a metal ring in the ground with a motorcycle chain - attached to a totally shagged 1960;s trailer that I paid £300 for. So hopefully its not worth the bother to steal.

However I'd much rather be towing a nice new trailer - seems ridiculous that I have to resort to a pile of junk just to avoid scum bags coming on my property.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 11:18 (Ref:454116)   #5
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had my Brian James stolen one Saturday afternoon in Datchet. I was only in the garage 50 yrds away.

When I moved to Hampshire I spoke to the pub landlord next door, and agreed to concrete some posts in around the back and I stored it there for a few months. It had four big chains around it, two collapsible ram raid posts, two bike chain posts, a clamp, and the hitch was removed.

I was offered it in the pub last November for £500 by some Pikeys who needed "Christmas presents for the kids". I kid you not, they were taking orders for it. I wouldn't mind but it cost be 3.5k..

That night it went to Will's place in West End where it stayed until April.

So instead we had the garden excavated so it could go behind my workshop, it has two chains which can only be cut by full cutting gear, locking hitch, clamp, gates, it's also bolted to the garage wall. It's also blocked in 90% of the time. Still could go..
Old 31 Dec 2002, 12:03 (Ref:460833)   #6
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think my idea of just using a shagged £300 trailer is simpler and less stressful! Until a wheel falls off half way to Pembrey that is.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 12:23 (Ref:460849)   #7
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't even joke about it - that happened to us recently on the way to trailer a 2CV from Wrexham to Silverstone!
Old 31 Dec 2002, 12:33 (Ref:460858)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A war story.

April 9 1995 I wrecked my Capri at Cadwell Park.

April 15th I'd got a replacement shell and was building it up, entered for Thruxton 29 May.

April 20th got up to find my trailer....................... gone!!

Bought new trailer cos I wasn't going to let the B'stads beat me.

May 27th, trailer discovered and in storage. I paid 150 quid to get it released and another 50 quid for a new hitch.

Got to Thruxton with new car and new trailer. Sold the recovered one for 1K (It was only six months old).

Total cost of that month? ^k and still counting.

Happy New Year everybody!!!!