Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:50 (Ref:1083340)   #76
fobi0
Rookie

fobi0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well for one I knew it. I don't remember Player's logo being plastered all over his Lynx Atlantics car either.

Attack post - NOT poster.
- macdaddy

Last edited by macdaddy; 1 Sep 2004 at 07:09.
I can race in Champcar today."
- JohnSSC
Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:51 (Ref:1083344)   #77
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you don't care.. why are you posting? I don't believe I used the word ignorance.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:52 (Ref:1083345)   #78
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Except for the slightly annoying fact that there are 400,000 in the grandstands at the 500 and they arrive from all over the country, for one.

Secondly, on a professional level many of the top teams in IRL are the former top teams in CC.

Third, attendance is up in IRL, down for CC.

Fourth - TV ratings stink for both except CC wins last place here because Spike TV is an embarassment to watch races on due to their "focus" in young men embarassingly short of brain cells. The coverage focuses more on uncovered females than uncovered racing and if that is what you need to attract an audience than your product needs some attention.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:54 (Ref:1083346)   #79
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
And if we are all being painted with the same brush, I was unaware that there was a "party line" that had to be adhered to to post here.

One can like CC, IRL and even Michael Andretti and still post here last I checked.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:54 (Ref:1083347)   #80
fobi0
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mags
If you don't care.. why are you posting? I don't believe I used the word ignorance.
Because your posts in this thread seem to have no seperation between reality and utopia.

I don't think at this stage Carpentier can afford to be too worried about how many people he gets to race in front of.
- JohnSSC
Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:55 (Ref:1083348)   #81
Mags
Veteran

John, I will agree with you on the TV coverage, but I'll disagree with you with the butts in the seats.. because CC gets WAY more.. and they don't have to give them away...
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:57 (Ref:1083353)   #82
FCYTravis
Racer

United States
Bloomington, Indiana
FCYTravis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JohnSSC, open-wheel racing in this country might as well be dead. IRL, CART, doesn't matter - they're both completely irrelevant.

400,000 in the grandstand for the Indy 500? Baloney. Did you read the IndyStar counting seats and coming up with 270,000? There were MAYBE 325,000 and that's being generous. I was one of those.

IRL "wins" the ratings game? That's like winning at Russian Roulette. Nobody's watching on TV - nobody. Ratings are at record lows and the record keeps getting reset with every fresh disaster.

Who cares if many of the top teams in IRL are the former top teams in Champ Car? They're still racing toward irrelevance thanks to management that hasn't a clue what it's doing. The only thing propping up that series is the yen from the Japanese manufacturers - and as IMSA and CART can attest, building your entire series on a bunch of Japanese manufacturer-supported teams is tantamount to committing suicide.

The collective leadership of American open-wheel racing needs to be drug out to the Yard of Bricks and (relieved of their duties), replaced by some folks who have a clue how to operate and market a successful professional racing series.

You will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly abusive, hateful, threatening...

Last edited by macdaddy; 1 Sep 2004 at 07:34.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 02:58 (Ref:1083354)   #83
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
You referred to PC forever being associated with Players so my response was linked to that statement.

So how many seats for IRL races are given away? Do you have a supportable number?

Do IRL race sponsors give away any more or less seats than a CC race sponsor?
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:00 (Ref:1083356)   #84
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
FCYTravis I would agree with many of your statements especially if you would expand those to be punished to be the "management" of OWRS as well as they are not exactly setting the world afire with their "business model."
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:01 (Ref:1083357)   #85
fobi0
Rookie

The attendance and ratings are so low at this point that I doubt they will affect a driver's occupation choices.
- JohnSSC
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:02 (Ref:1083359)   #86
Mags
Veteran

Look, last time I checked, this was the Champ Car Forum.

If you want to wax poetic about that other series, I do believe there is another thread, and there is also some real nasty stuff going on I can't beleive!! I'm just trying to be nice, and I'm getting some real nasty posts. Where are the modrators???
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:02 (Ref:1083360)   #87
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Actually many of the top teams in OWRS are former mid-pack or bottom-feeder remnants from the racing series once known as CART, for that matter.

Open wheel in this country is a shambles except for the local dirt tracks!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:03 (Ref:1083362)   #88
FCYTravis
Racer

United States
Bloomington, Indiana
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
FCYTravis I would agree with many of your statements especially if you would expand those to be punished to be the "management" of OWRS as well as they are not exactly setting the world afire with their "business model."
As I said, the collective management of American open-wheel racing - that's everyone - needs to be {relieved of their duties).

Then, we need to call up SCCA Pro Racing and hire Mitch Wright and the whole World Challenge crew to run the new series. They've got pretty much the most successful game going in road racing right now, because they've figured out how to market the damn thing.

Last edited by macdaddy; 1 Sep 2004 at 07:35.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:04 (Ref:1083363)   #89
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
You referred to PC forever being associated with Players so my response was linked to that statement.

So how many seats for IRL races are given away? Do you have a supportable number?

Do IRL race sponsors give away any more or less seats than a CC race sponsor?
YES. The first Fontana race that the IRL was at, they gave away 10,000 tickets. Penske.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:05 (Ref:1083365)   #90
FCYTravis
Racer

United States
Bloomington, Indiana
Actually, John, there are a couple series that are going like gangbusters... Star Mazda and Cooper FF2000 Zetec.

Other than that, you're pretty much right.

Last edited by FCYTravis; 1 Sep 2004 at 03:05.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:05 (Ref:1083366)   #91
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
A better question would be: where is open wheel racing?

You post statements Mags that posters respond to. Please do not confuse disagreement with malice and then call on the mods for assistance. Rejection of your supposition is not a rejection of you personally.

I am also not "waxing poetic" about IRL. Both Series need Divine Intervention to survive at this point, imho.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:06 (Ref:1083367)   #92
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by FCYTravis
JohnSSC, open-wheel racing in this country might as well be dead. IRL, CART, doesn't matter - they're both completely irrelevant.

400,000 in the grandstand for the Indy 500? Baloney. Did you read the IndyStar counting seats and coming up with 270,000? There were MAYBE 325,000 and that's being generous. I was one of those.

IRL "wins" the ratings game? That's like winning at Russian Roulette. Nobody's watching on TV - nobody. Ratings are at record lows and the record keeps getting reset with every fresh disaster.

Who cares if many of the top teams in IRL are the former top teams in Champ Car? They're still racing toward irrelevance thanks to management that hasn't a clue what it's doing. The only thing propping up that series is the yen from the Japanese manufacturers - and as IMSA and CART can attest, building your entire series on a bunch of Japanese manufacturer-supported teams is tantamount to committing suicide.

The collective leadership of American open-wheel racing needs to be drug out to the Yard of Bricks and
(relieved of their duties), replaced by some folks who have a clue how to operate and market a successful professional racing series.
Someone with the voice of reason??

You will be banned, or moderated. Sorry!! It was nice to know you.

Mags

Last edited by macdaddy; 1 Sep 2004 at 07:30.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:08 (Ref:1083368)   #93
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Don't forget the local sprint car action or USAC Silver Crown!

A combo platter of all that is good from these series' would be very cool FCYTravis!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:08 (Ref:1083369)   #94
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
A better question would be: where is open wheel racing?

You post statements Mags that posters respond to. Please do not confuse disagreement with malice and then call on the mods for assistance. Rejection of your supposition is not a rejection of you personally.

I am also not "waxing poetic" about IRL. Both Series need Divine Intervention to survive at this point, imho.
I agree... but everytime I try...I get banned and or moderated or edited.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:09 (Ref:1083370)   #95
FCYTravis
Racer

United States
Bloomington, Indiana
The new USAC speedway Silver Crown car should be interesting... I know some disillusioned ex-IRL fans who think that's the true future for open-wheel oval racing.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:10 (Ref:1083372)   #96
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
No offense, but if you are "banned" how are you here?

Last edited by macdaddy; 1 Sep 2004 at 07:31.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:13 (Ref:1083374)   #97
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
I always had a hankerin' to do a few thousand laps in a 3/4 midget since I like asphalt.

A Silver Crown car would be just awesome to drive - they don't come round here much - I may have to get over to IRP to watch some time!

But for sheer unadulterated raw action, sprinters on a sub half mile dirt track is Tops!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 05:27 (Ref:1083433)   #98
Mags
Veteran

I have heard sprinters are awesome. My buddy that does Jimmy Kite's PR swears by it!

I am talking about every time I try to defend Champ Cars, that I *seem* to get slapped down. In a Champ Car forum. It will end up being the reason I leave for good, I'm sure.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1083507)   #99
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
The staff are not about to quit our jobs, so that we can sit on this forum 24/7. "Where are the moderators?" I, for one, was baking bread.

Sorry if you feel as if you're being attacked, Mags. One of the earlier posts was doing exactly that, I editted it even before I read your complaint. Other than that single instance, I cannot justify anything else as being against the rules regarding personal attacks.

Perhaps my life would become just a little bit easier, if I were to simply close this thread altogether? These last few pages haven't illuminated much on the topic at-hand. At all. Does everybody agree that the topic has been well-covered now and can be put to sleep?

We'll know what Carpentier is doing next year...
When he tells us.