Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 26 Oct 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4131542)   #176
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
Focus ST rules!
True but I'll need my wife's permission since it's her car.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 07:09 (Ref:4131596)   #177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But it gives no more explaination of what will be available
No, they're clearly holding out on us with the detail...
Old 27 Oct 2022, 08:37 (Ref:4131608)   #178
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, they're clearly holding out on us with the detail...
I've just looked at 1st Tickets (other agencies are available) and they state that camping won't be available to book until early December. So it's not just us Joe Public that are restricted!

I'm guessing us members we'll hear something mid to late November ahead of the sale date of 29th
Old 27 Oct 2022, 09:16 (Ref:4131610)   #179
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It all points to some major changes next year and i suspect that some people will be very unhappy if they do not get what they have become acustomed to. The restricted access points last year and further changes this year will obviously suit the ACO but may not be popular with those of us that have got used to the way things were
Old 27 Oct 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4131620)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, something is very obviously changing and those in the know will have an anxious wait to find out whether their preferred camping area (or in my case, parking area) is still going to exist. I hope you're right Geoff that the ACO give members some advance warning of what is changing. I think we're going to need Eric to do a recce to see if there are any obvious signs of changes as he will probably be able to see evidence of what is going on before any news gets out to us.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4131627)   #181
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are presuming there is some sort of change, but I wouldn't have thought they would have missed out on having the camping and parking money in their bank account for six weeks 'ish if there wasn't. But then it is the ACO we are talking about!
Old 27 Oct 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4131668)   #182
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari Challenge Europe and now Carrera Cup France announced as support races next year - https://www.instagram.com/p/CkNXYScI...YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D
Old 27 Oct 2022, 19:56 (Ref:4131681)   #183
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If ticket agencies sell both private and ACO public pitches and demand is high it makes sense to sell at same time packages with GE, GS, crossings and camping to those on their lists, as one type of camping option is sold out you can offer the next best and so on - all on the same call (and at a time when other options are very limited). So assume they are asking for increase allocation re public campsites and the demand in first 3 or 4 days of sale to members may influence the allocations.

Bleu Nord area and other stuff between main road and airfield would possibly change. Free car at Bleu at risk? New footbridge over track - possibly down near Porsche experience and change in access near their last year and keeping vehicle movements inside track lower?
Old 28 Oct 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4131730)   #184
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We have parked in Parking Blanc (which is between the road and the airfield) for a number of years and hope to do so again, however it was nuts in there last year on race night with the shuttle buses leaving from there. I sincerely hope they don't do that again.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 09:32 (Ref:4131736)   #185
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The ACO makes more money from camping THB so the changes may be geared to increasing camping and reducing car parks which links to the green ticket thing.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4131745)   #186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't know about that. You may be right, but the reality is that there are a lot more people who attend the race that don't camp than those who do and they need to make adequate provision for them to park. But if they mess around with Blanc we can always change to Rouge.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 12:34 (Ref:4131767)   #187
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I reckon it'll be trying to increase the amount of "premium" camping within the existing areas. Ways to extract more money basically. Or, OR... they just weren't ready.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 14:16 (Ref:4131792)   #188
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
humble belief is that with the increase of involvement of manufacturers and thus, hospo and guests for them, there'll be less camping and parking space available to joe public.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4131801)   #189
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No doubt you are correct. But Aston M, Porsche and Toyota already have pretty massive hostility areas. Last year the RtLM grid had its paddock and hostility in the go karting car park which took up a lot of space.

As long as I can get electric hook up, I'm not too worried about camp location.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 15:36 (Ref:4131817)   #190
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In all of the years I've been attending sports car racing events, I've never had the opportunity to attend the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I've been to Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta. Always felt intimidated by the Le Mans. So many details on how to get there, where to stay and where to watch from.

I have to admit it, this thread has got me thinking.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 16:13 (Ref:4131823)   #191
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
a bit of a trek from the usa but plenty do it each year,
Old 28 Oct 2022, 20:26 (Ref:4131881)   #192
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
In all of the years I've been attending sports car racing events, I've never had the opportunity to attend the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I've been to Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta. Always felt intimidated by the Le Mans. So many details on how to get there, where to stay and where to watch from.
If you can do Sebring, you can do Le Mans. As a newbie I found Sebring much more difficult. It is set up for regulars who know what they are doing. It’s in the middle of nowhere. It’s not intuitive where to go. Le Mans is bigger but it is better signposted, easier to get around, far more information available, more people to ask. And everyone you’re likely to deal with speaks English (which, of course, is almost true of Sebring as well ).
Old 29 Oct 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4131912)   #193
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good train and tram connections to circuit from Paris and possibly the CDG airport. Hire car opens up St Saturnin and other shows on Friday and earlier plus driving the Mulsanne (except for chicanes and a roundabout bit) and down through to Indianapolis to start of Porsche curves (pre Wednesday or late Sunday and Monday) - Indianapolis is one of the most memorable public roads. Drive down D304 to Hotel de France is pretty good too - Aston/Gulf GT40/Gulf 917 base with a road that makes old Mulsanne very curvy.
Old 29 Oct 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4131917)   #194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Good train and tram connections to circuit from Paris and possibly the CDG airport. Hire car opens up St Saturnin and other shows on Friday and earlier plus driving the Mulsanne (except for chicanes and a roundabout bit) and down through to Indianapolis to start of Porsche curves (pre Wednesday or late Sunday and Monday) - Indianapolis is one of the most memorable public roads. Drive down D304 to Hotel de France is pretty good too - Aston/Gulf GT40/Gulf 917 base with a road that makes old Mulsanne very curvy.
The drive around the circuit - a traditional Tuesday morning event for us - is one of the highlights of my trip every year.
Old 29 Oct 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4131921)   #195
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Had a good run round public bit after this years Classic. Diverted out on eastwards dual carriageway by Tertre Rouge - saw one of the race Bentleys ahead on D304 and after brief stop at lights didn’t see again until the square - 3 or 4 there for stay after race plus a few nice GT40s ?

Public track bit had opened for return all the way back to camping by Porsche curves?
Old 29 Oct 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4131922)   #196
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
? marks were
Old 29 Oct 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4131924)   #197
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We've done the drive for quite a few years now. We join at Tertre Rouge and go all the way around, stopping at the first chicane, Mulsanne Corner, Indianapolis, Arnage and Porsche Curves. We then drive back to the main circuit and probably into the museum.
Attached Thumbnails
drive1.jpg   drive2.jpg   drive3.jpg  

drive4.jpg  
Old 29 Oct 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4131943)   #198
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
If you can do Sebring, you can do Le Mans. As a newbie I found Sebring much more difficult. It is set up for regulars who know what they are doing. It’s in the middle of nowhere. It’s not intuitive where to go. Le Mans is bigger but it is better signposted, easier to get around, far more information available, more people to ask. And everyone you’re likely to deal with speaks English (which, of course, is almost true of Sebring as well ).
Sebring was easy since I could drive there, and I could sleep in my car. Met with a bunch of other friends. Use to go there a day early and park the car off to the side. At 8:00am I would run to the gate and get my ticket and walk in. As soon as I got inside, I would run to the foot bridge and get the closest position on the infield near the hair pin turn as I could. Once there I would begin to coordain off the area for others and set up camp. Once the others arrived, we would be ready to hold position. I would then walk back to the car and I would drive over the road bridge and bring it into our camp. Strength in number you know. Things were pretty wild back then. This was classic 1980ish tactics. Kind of mis those days. The Petit Le Mans seems... tame and civilized in comparison.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 09:26 (Ref:4132028)   #199
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
For the last few years, TD have had exclusive use of Porsche Curves, but not if sure that applies this year. The inside area of Porsche Curves was part of Beau Sejoures(?).
Apologies, a bit of a delayed response...

Thanks Peter, I have to assume that so long as TD are there, there will be no access for non TD punters. And, given what Rich says in his post (thanks Rich! ), even the inside bank in Beausejour is going to be a mission due to the lack of parking.

I think I'll delay my next visit to the Porsche Curves whilst there's on track activity for at least another year then. Pity, I used to love watching from there. Of course, that may change if I can snag a pass again.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4132029)   #200
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There is a bus stop just next to the bridge, so the walk to the general area at Porsche Curves is reasonably accessible.
Closed Thread