Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 31 Oct 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2572936)   #1601
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm as shocked as you are Marbot. "maybe in vein..." first time that's come-up.

How about just "British GP to be held" as a new thread title?
Old 31 Oct 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2572982)   #1602
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Gillett never did transfer the £12 million deposit to FOA.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39465
He is either delusional or a congenital liar.
Old 31 Oct 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2572991)   #1603
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
I'm as shocked as you are Marbot. "maybe in vein..." first time that's come-up.

How about just "British GP to be held" as a new thread title?
I think that should be British Grand Prix to be held?
Old 31 Oct 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2573026)   #1604
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I think that should be British Grand Prix to be held?
What about 'British GP?' Or 'Brit GP?' Or 'GB GP?'

To be, or not to be: that is the question.
Old 31 Oct 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2573129)   #1605
teambwr
Rookie

teambwr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He is either delusional or a congenital liar.
Unfortunately I had the misfortune to once call Mr Simon Gillett a friend and your latter comment, as many have found out is very true.

It completely and utterly amazes me how a man with so much 'history' managed to convince more backers to get involved with his latest scheme involving Donington, the second attempt at it after the first one failed leaving behind all the debt that went with it.

That company Innovate Motorsport was Simon Gillett and some quite unbelievably good 'smoke screening' has seen that company left behind as DVLL emerged. No doubt some very smart accountants linked to his new investors engineered Gilletts 'story' regarding Innovate.

Be assured Simon Gillett had no money, only huge debts when i new him and was a master of spending other peoples cash, ask his partners in Innovate. I've no doubt he likely pulled money from DVLL and his reported £243,000 salary will help.

The failure of Gillett gives me nothing but huge joy, it could not happen to a nicer man but my joy is tempered by the fact I love Donington as a track.
A man who is a liar and a cheat in my view has potentially ruined the track and its future and thats very sad.

In the time I've known Gillett and his bull**** talk, he's never been held to task and now his lies and cheats have got him to a very high profile position that has failed in the biggest possible way.

I'm so pleased........

Last edited by teambwr; 31 Oct 2009 at 20:45.
Old 31 Oct 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2573159)   #1606
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like you have good reason to feel the way you do! I'm sure that Doning ton will 'come back',even as it is,it is still a going concern.Lets not forget that this was one of the first non airfield circuits built in Britain,as such it should have recognition for what it is.With the right team running it as a circuit,it can still be one of the best!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2573477)   #1607
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The news today is that Tom Wheatcroft has died, which is immensely sad - see separate thread.

Right now I don't want to think about what it means for the future of the circuit, but it's certainly not good.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2573486)   #1608
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It couldn't have come at a worse time...I hope it's just a coincidence
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2573509)   #1609
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'cancellation' of Donington's British F1 GP plans obviously hasn't filtered through to whoever provides the circuit's website content yet ...

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/formula-one
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2573514)   #1610
Delenn
Rookie

England
Delenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wrote this on another forum.

Very sad news, and very sad that the circuit he devoted a good portion of his life to ends up in the state it is when he died.
In reality, Kevin and the others are as ingrained with Donington as he was. I don't believe the Wheatcrofts will let Donington die, especially now.
All of us lovers of Donington owe Tom a debt of gratitude.

Now, Tom, if you can have a word with the big guy up there, there is a bloke called Gillett that could do with a plague of locusts (or similar).
Old 2 Nov 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2574005)   #1611
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This sad news is covered on another thread but for the track the news means things must come to a head soon. IMO the receivers have to come in as DVL Ltd simply said they were insolvent in the failed loan prospectus and without the Moto GP have no major income. The track is not useable as it is at the moment for any races and although club, National events and track days could run if the surface is restored even that will cost a pretty penny.

Now is the winter of our discontent.........:-(
Old 18 Nov 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2584284)   #1612
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 British Grand Prix to be held at Donington? : -

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/corp...s?news_id=1125
Old 18 Nov 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2584290)   #1613
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post

I very much doubt that.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2584291)   #1614
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Rumours DVLL is being officially wound up now. Staff laid off, etc.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2584298)   #1615
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post

Was that written by a Mr D Ludid?
Old 18 Nov 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2584310)   #1616
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
How can they hold a 17 year contract with Bernie? They are massively in breach, so he can default at leisure.

Plus they owe the landlord a fortune, so I doubt their lease is worth much...
Old 18 Nov 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2584312)   #1617
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rumours no more - BBC: http://bit.ly/3Ms54q
Old 18 Nov 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2584418)   #1618
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
How can they hold a 17 year contract with Bernie? They are massively in breach, so he can default at leisure.

Plus they owe the landlord a fortune, so I doubt their lease is worth much...
This amused me, you'll note it says they "had" a 17 year contract and then goes on to say how they might have F1 in the future
Old 19 Nov 2009, 03:00 (Ref:2584747)   #1619
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a question, not knowing English law or lease contracts etc. Did the Wheatcroft family have to give their approval before the modifications started?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2584768)   #1620
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Rumours DVLL is being officially wound up now. Staff laid off, etc.
This is the part that is most sad...
Old 20 Nov 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2585988)   #1621
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just when you thought the 2010 Silly Season couldn't get any sillier...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8371266.stm
Old 20 Nov 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2586001)   #1622
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
If they put longer springs on the cars and fit them with off-road tyres it might just be possible! *

*note use of correct smilie.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2586004)   #1623
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
I tend to think the BBC are stretching the truth there. All Bernie said is he would be willing to talk to any new backers that come along. There aren't any new backers to talk to
Old 20 Nov 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2586007)   #1624
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Just when you thought the 2010 Silly Season couldn't get any sillier...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8371266.stm
The lengths that man will go to to keep the GP from Silverstone just beggars belief. Part of me just hopes S'stone tells him to do one, but the other part of me really wants to marshal a British GP (this will be the first one I'm eligible to do) and I'd rather do that at Silverstone, where everything is already in place.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2586015)   #1625
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From BBC East Mids chap on twitter:

RT @impact_tarmac: Talked to Donington administrator. Wrong to say "bids" but at least six interested - some really serious. Still talking GP in 2010!
Closed Thread