Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Nov 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3943365)   #1376
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tweet from BMRs Maddy declaring herself unemployed, I wonder how many staff have been kept on?

https://twitter.com/maddyturner/stat...823018496?s=19
Old 28 Nov 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3943366)   #1377
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I seem to recall at the end of 2018, that a bit of discussion was had over the challenge Cammish faced in adjusting to a new team and car at the same time (and new discipline).

If Excelr8 retain their 2019 drivers, then at least there is a good starting base of familiarity to develop a new car from.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3943367)   #1378
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Maybe they're keeping some of the BMR lads on at the farm and only doing builds or big repairs up in Scotland?
At what cost?! Honesty some of the theories on here are plain daft! Who keeps a workforce on standby just in case for a few days per year?! Its only Scotland it's not outer space!
Old 28 Nov 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3943377)   #1379
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I know. Shift your truck up the A1 or M6/M74/M8. Eddie Stobart seems to manage this mammoth journey hundreds of times a week without bother.

Too many Southern poofs have used this excuse - typically as a get out of Knockhill before the TBL was introduced - when the reality is it ain't far. At all.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3943388)   #1380
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next driver announcement from Team HARD tomorrow:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&sfnsn=scwspmo
Old 28 Nov 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3943389)   #1381
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Eddie Stobart seems to manage this mammoth journey hundreds of times a week without bother.
Except the 'bother' of a big financial loss and dodgy accounts. Not as easy as it looks eh?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3943390)   #1382
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah I know. Shift your truck up the A1 or M6/M74/M8. Eddie Stobart seems to manage this mammoth journey hundreds of times a week without bother.

Too many Southern poofs have used this excuse - typically as a get out of Knockhill before the TBL was introduced - when the reality is it ain't far. At all.
Just to be pedantic on this - Eddie Stobart's operation started out 150 miles south of Livingston, and has since moved their HQ even further south.
They operate with regional presence, avoiding journeys the length of the country via road where possible, preferring rail.

Stobart Logistics is a good example of why a southern location to operate from makes sense.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3943423)   #1383
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Next driver announcement from Team HARD tomorrow:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&sfnsn=scwspmo
It will be #many many drivers 2020
Old 28 Nov 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3943439)   #1384
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not for much longer they are on the verge of bankruptcy.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3943442)   #1385
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
It will be #many many drivers 2020
This one may be a shock for some
Old 28 Nov 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3943449)   #1386
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Is it someone who is an electrician in their day job?

That'd go quite well with Michael "Creesy" Crees. Isn't he a plumber?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3943451)   #1387
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Is it someone who is an electrician in their day job?
I see what you did there 😂
Old 28 Nov 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3943452)   #1388
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Like from a lightning bolt?

Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3943453)   #1389
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Like from a lightning bolt?

wonder who that could be, flash, no 52 (okay my house number too but not my favorite number ).... nope i am stumped

as for the hertfordshire bmr thing, there is 2 tracks in the deep south, thruxton and brands, most are in the midlands apart from snett... if you are going to have a southern outpost for parking trucks and doing race prep (which apart from major chassis work can be done on the thursday or friday of a race weekend)... a lot of the teams leave home on the wednesday and arrive back sunday night or monday morning anyway... why not park the big stuff like hospitality unit and main artic in a yard say in lancashire and use a 7.5 tonner to shift the cars back to base... the teams have 2 sets of tools and suchlike anyway. Aiden already has a big motorhome that you can put a trailer behind and a landy that you can do likewise
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3943456)   #1390
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
wonder who that could be, flash, no 52 (okay my house number too but not my favorite number ).... nope i am stumped

as for the hertfordshire bmr thing, there is 2 tracks in the deep south, thruxton and brands, most are in the midlands apart from snett... if you are going to have a southern outpost for parking trucks and doing race prep (which apart from major chassis work can be done on the thursday or friday of a race weekend)... a lot of the teams leave home on the wednesday and arrive back sunday night or monday morning anyway... why not park the big stuff like hospitality unit and main artic in a yard say in lancashire and use a 7.5 tonner to shift the cars back to base... the teams have 2 sets of tools and suchlike anyway. Aiden already has a big motorhome that you can put a trailer behind and a landy that you can do likewise
Technically Snetterton is also in the Midlands it is roughly same level as Birmingham so further north than sillystone.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3943462)   #1391
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speaking of Flash he finished 25th out of 26 regular entries in 2019 ....

must be very frustrating for him but Dynamics door is closed this year
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3943464)   #1392
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Technically Snetterton is also in the Midlands it is roughly same level as Birmingham so further north than sillystone.
I'm not sure East Anglia is classed as the Midlands!
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3943465)   #1393
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
speaking of Flash he finished 25th out of 26 regular entries in 2019 ....

must be very frustrating for him but Dynamics door is closed this year
Unless Dynamics add a 3rd car of course.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3943466)   #1394
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Coastal erosion strikes again eh?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3943467)   #1395
C12TLN
Rookie

C12TLN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So none of last years AMD drivers are returning, Shaun Hollamby on Facebook:

“So plans are all coming together for BTCC 2020 and it’s looking exciting!
Unfortunately these won’t include our drivers from the 2019 season due to a number of reasons but all three had the door wide open from AmD to return.
I will always remember our journey this season, Sam Tordoff, Rory Butcher and Mike Bushell, with great affection and wish you all well with your future plans.
Usually teams and drivers part on bad terms but I can honestly say it’s been an absolute pleasure working with these guys and the door is always open for a return in the future.”
Old 28 Nov 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3943469)   #1396
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Can't say I'm that surprised about Tordoff and Bushell. Half expecting Tordoff to call it a day, or at least quit BTCC for something else. Bushell always had issues with finding a budget, and he seemed to be fitting into the engineering role fairly well.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3943472)   #1397
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Commonly known as the middle east.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3943473)   #1398
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Can't say I'm that surprised about Tordoff and Bushell. Half expecting Tordoff to call it a day, or at least quit BTCC for something else. Bushell always had issues with finding a budget, and he seemed to be fitting into the engineering role fairly well.
I am wondering if Bushell will move with Butcher to continue his engineering role.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3943475)   #1399
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a shame, as all three drivers were really quick for AmD.

Agree with redshoes, Tordoff and Bushell probably won't be on the grid unfortunately. Butcher to Motorbase has been suggested, which seems likely. PMR possibly an option too if Collard is out or for a 3rd Astra, maybe even WSR if Jordan goes but I doubt he has the budget.

AmD / TPC must be the biggest question marks now, with both AmD seats open and likely Blundell's too. Hill moving across the garage to the Honda? Coates, Thompson, Collard to throw in some other names?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3943478)   #1400
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be Shaun's phone right now
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.png