Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2022, 21:13 (Ref:4113086)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Some photos
I had not zoom, just a 24mm lens... Maybe a zoom for the next week.

https://i.goopics.net/800/30om49.jpg
https://i.goopics.net/800/xz6v5a.jpg
Love it. Missing it now.

Looking at the times.
  • As expected most quick times came in the afternoon. Only eight cars set their quickest time in the morn
  • Hypercar fastest to slowest is covered by 2.5s !
  • LMP2 covered by 5.1s (fastest to second slowest), with the sole Ligier #27 slowest and 27th in class another 5.6s slower, but quicker than all GT.
  • GTE Pro covered by 0.5s ! And ahead of all Am cars (by 0.3s)
  • GTE Am covered by 4.6s !
Old 6 Jun 2022, 05:48 (Ref:4113113)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well all over now, so lets all do our predictions for the race now.
Well, as everyone seems to be waiting for everyone else, I've bitten the bullet. I'm always utterly hopeless at predictions, so as usual, I've gone with the heart rather than the head....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 06:25 (Ref:4113115)   #28
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what bought out the red flag at the end of yesterday's session?
Old 6 Jun 2022, 06:27 (Ref:4113116)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of the Toyotas, apparently.... No idea why....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 07:20 (Ref:4113122)   #30
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC described it as a harmless off - so not really sure why the red flag flew.

Maybe it was somewhat procedural with it being so close to the end of the session?
Old 6 Jun 2022, 07:32 (Ref:4113124)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Probably. They're always very cautious in their approach during 'free' sessions. We had the Panis roll to a halt minus it's left rear wheel early in the morning session. They red flagged that too....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0910panis.JPG   IMG_0013wheel2a.jpg  
Old 6 Jun 2022, 09:50 (Ref:4113169)   #32
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Does anyone know what bought out the red flag at the end of yesterday's session?
In French:
https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...-drapeau-rouge
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4113171)   #33
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you
Old 6 Jun 2022, 18:59 (Ref:4113294)   #34
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alpine drivers not too happy about straight line speed

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...speed-at-test/
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4113300)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Alpine drivers not too happy about straight line speed

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...speed-at-test/
my straight line speed has also declined compared to last year.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4113309)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It comes to us all..... even my stern haircut last Wednesday has failed to adequately enhance my aero.....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 20:16 (Ref:4113316)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well my speed this year will be greatly improved last year i went down in a 60 year old vw camper van, top speed 5omph down hill this year a v8 supercharged daimler so just a little bit quicker, aco would have to do a lot of bop to get it back to the vw performance
Old 6 Jun 2022, 22:45 (Ref:4113333)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
****, I've slowed enough I would probably get a power boost and significant weight reduction BOP
Old 7 Jun 2022, 01:32 (Ref:4113344)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well my speed this year will be greatly improved last year i went down in a 60 year old vw camper van, top speed 5omph down hill this year a v8 supercharged daimler so just a little bit quicker, aco would have to do a lot of bop to get it back to the vw performance
I believe what you did is get rid of the grandfathered car and upgrade to the current regs!
Old 8 Jun 2022, 08:23 (Ref:4113495)   #40
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Jose Maria Lopez explained the “confusion” that caused a red flag at the end of the final test day session. The Toyota driver was nominated to stop and perform an extrication procedure with some marshals at the end of play. But a few minutes before the checkered flag, Lopez “had a moment” with an LMP2 car and went into the gravel in avoidance. This triggered an alarm in the car, so Lopez stopped to complete an electronic reset. “I was waiting until the end of the session and I think when they saw the car [there], they decided to put the red flag [out] because they thought I was ready to do it,” Lopez said.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4114197)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Jose Maria Lopez explained the “confusion” that caused a red flag at the end of the final test day session. The Toyota driver was nominated to stop and perform an extrication procedure with some marshals at the end of play. But a few minutes before the checkered flag, Lopez “had a moment” with an LMP2 car and went into the gravel in avoidance. This triggered an alarm in the car, so Lopez stopped to complete an electronic reset. “I was waiting until the end of the session and I think when they saw the car [there], they decided to put the red flag [out] because they thought I was ready to do it,” Lopez said.
Just a misunderstanding, but glad it all got sorted.