Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3093774)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans 2013 - Who's Going etc etc?

No time like the present..... Dates to be added when published.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3093881)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Starting the thread already for the rest of us to know who to hate and be jealous of on the board? One day I'll get my act together and get over for LM but it better be soon so I can make it all night there.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3094054)   #3
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there

Hopefully the SRT Viper will be there as well, I have some find memories of the Viper from the late 90s
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 18 Jun 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3094129)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe I am!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3094181)   #5
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After a 3 year hiatus after my first visit I look to return in 2013

Hopefully bringing 3 le mans newbies for there first experience.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3094183)   #6
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me me me! Actually I will be there in 2 and a bit weeks for the Classic, too.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3094198)   #7
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
I'll be there

Hopefully the SRT Viper will be there as well, I have some find memories of the Viper from the late 90s
The people on the Viper stand suggested 2014 rather than 13...

I will be there, with Simmi (I assume, he's still driving up to Bradford as I type) for our third visit.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3094199)   #8
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to try like hell...was supposed to go last year, but work got in the way. I'm in a business that has "no vacations", just hiatuses. Hopefully the timing will line up. My wife watched an extrodinary amount of the race with me this weekend, a good sign!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3094269)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly I will be MIA again in 2013. However there are already plans a foot for 2014 (with family in tow for a bit of the week).
Old 18 Jun 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3094296)   #10
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Waiting for 2014!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3094315)   #11
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely.

This year's race was good, just hoping that Toyota get some more race laps under their belts.

LMP2 looked good as well.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3094387)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will be back again for a third visit. Just need to get it booked off work nice and early. Would be distraught to miss it now.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3094390)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will do my very best!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3094439)   #14
stylish
Rookie

England
United Kingdom
stylish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, already started the planning.................
Old 18 Jun 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3094478)   #15
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Please God....Without doubt ....IM THERE!
Old 19 Jun 2012, 03:03 (Ref:3094531)   #16
GAMEOFGUTS21
Rookie

United States
Dallas, TX
GAMEOFGUTS21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Waiting for 2014!
Oh, I see what you did there...

I'll be there! (finally)

After all that time...
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3094729)   #17
knowyourenemy
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
knowyourenemy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully i'll be there - i turn 30 next April and this is what i asked my wife for when she asked if i wanted a party or a holiday

any advice for someone (possibly) about to pop their Le Mans cherry?
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3094734)   #18
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowyourenemy View Post
Hopefully i'll be there - i turn 30 next April and this is what i asked my wife for when she asked if i wanted a party or a holiday

I popped mine this year.
What i did, and felt quite successful with, was being relaxed, do what you feel like doing, and dont worry about missing a few viewing spots or events, as it wont be your last Le Mans, so therefor there will be a next time to see what you missed.
This year i missed the first qualifying, the museeum, the British Welcome, the drivers parade, the late night mad friday and the lining up of the cars. But this i know i will catch next year, or the year after that .
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3094748)   #19
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Defo, pitches already booked!
Old 19 Jun 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3094783)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowyourenemy View Post

i turned 30 this april and did my first lm24 this year too

my advice is if it feels like the right time in life to do le mans, do it. find a camping area you're happy with (and camping is an absolute MUST - sorry mrs enemy!), do as many days as you feel you need to and don't worry about missing qualifying or warm up. come sunday afternoon you'll have seen plenty of cars on the circuit

i would HIGHLY recommend a grandstand for your first go on the main straight. the start in particular is unmissable, and it's so much easier to enjoy your time if you know you have a seat somewhere dry/in the shade to return to if you need it.

most of all, don't build it up or anticipate it being anything. you take in the whole experience that way, and you're not desperately seeking anything in the event that you may or may not find. don't feel pressured into drinking, or not sleeping.

and most importantly, go up to the dunlop bridge for the sunrise. it's a great time for contemplation, peacefulness and appreciation of what a special event it really is
Old 19 Jun 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3094842)   #21
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I shall be there in 2013. Plans are already afoot for a 4th year on precisely the same spot on Houx, but expanded next year.

In the meantime anyone contemplating a trip to the greatest race there is, please heed the words of Bella above - sage words indeed from a first-timer at the 24 hours.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3094959)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Silly question really, see you all again next year
Old 19 Jun 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3094982)   #23
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
That's a no brainer... Where else would I be
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3095059)   #24
knowyourenemy
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
knowyourenemy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i turned 30 this april and did my first lm24 this year too

my advice is if it feels like the right time in life to do le mans, do it. find a camping area you're happy with (and camping is an absolute MUST - sorry mrs enemy!), do as many days as you feel you need to and don't worry about missing qualifying or warm up. come sunday afternoon you'll have seen plenty of cars on the circuit

i would HIGHLY recommend a grandstand for your first go on the main straight. the start in particular is unmissable, and it's so much easier to enjoy your time if you know you have a seat somewhere dry/in the shade to return to if you need it.

most of all, don't build it up or anticipate it being anything. you take in the whole experience that way, and you're not desperately seeking anything in the event that you may or may not find. don't feel pressured into drinking, or not sleeping.

and most importantly, go up to the dunlop bridge for the sunrise. it's a great time for contemplation, peacefulness and appreciation of what a special event it really is
congratulations - on your 30th and first Le Mans!

Thanks for the advice - very helpful, i'll also let Mrs Enemy know the happy news about the camping!
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3095067)   #25
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Going to be doing my best to get back. I remember when I went first and had a look around the campsite and saw loads of caravans with race stickers for 25-40 years and I said to my dad, "do you think it's going to be that good that you'd come back year after year like those guys?" Well without doubt it is!
I was actually going to go this year but commitments took me to Silverstone for the MotoGP so I was keeping one eye on the bikes and one eye on the 24 hours!
I got to Sebring this year for the first time, and was really impressed by that weekend, so with a bit of luck Ill get the two of them next year!