Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 May 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3821469)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink Le Mans Test Day - 3rd June 2018

Pit Allocations

Scrutineering Timetable - Thursday/Friday

Saturday Pitwalk: 10:00-17:00

Sunday (Test Day):
Morning Session 09:00-13:00
Afternoon Session 14:00-18:00
Old 15 May 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3822612)   #2
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So very tempted by this, but I feel the locks on the house would be changed if I did!!
Old 16 May 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3822885)   #3
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About the Ligier P2, they are testing this nose at Monza right now. Is this from the same Le Mans kit as last year? It seems new to me, but I'm not sure.

source
Old 16 May 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3822886)   #4
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitely it looks different from the kit of last year. I hope the car could improve to give us a more varied race.

Old 16 May 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3822890)   #5
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to DSC that is the high downforce nose, not LM spec.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...-at-monza.html
Old 17 May 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3823081)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd be surprised if that's not the new low downforce kit. The wheel arches and headlights are certainly optimised for low drag.

Edit: Rebellion have the low-downforce kit for their R13 running for the first time (above) whilst the Ligiers are testing with their the 2018 low-downforce bodywork rather than the high-downforce kit used at the ELMS weekend.
Old 17 May 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3823090)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Video of the pre Le Mans test at Monza (Porsche, BMW, Ford, Rebellion, Larbre, Eurasia...)
Old 17 May 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3823097)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's the test day entry list with extra drivers included:

http://assets.lemans.org/explorer/pd...-mans-2018.pdf
Old 17 May 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3823135)   #9
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'd be surprised if that's not the new low downforce kit. The wheel arches and headlights are certainly optimised for low drag.

Edit: Rebellion have the low-downforce kit for their R13 running for the first time (above) whilst the Ligiers are testing with their the 2018 low-downforce bodywork rather than the high-downforce kit used at the ELMS weekend.
The article grammatics it's a bit twisted, but well, I speak spanish not english. Looking at the front of the car, it looks like a low downforce kit for me. Comparing the kit from last year and the new one, the only sustancial change, are those air inlets beside the nose cone, and of course the spliter (but that's included in the 2018 HD kit too).

Whatever, I hope to see the Ligiers with more speed this year.

Thanks for the video Bentley03 !
Old 18 May 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3823167)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Here's the test day entry list with extra drivers included:

http://assets.lemans.org/explorer/pd...-mans-2018.pdf
Alonso and Lopez named on both Toyota entries, so track time for those two is clearly (and unsurprisingly) a priority.
Old 19 May 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3823432)   #11
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Alonso and Lopez named on both Toyota entries, so track time for those two is clearly (and unsurprisingly) a priority.
I find that weird considering that Lopez last year was the rookie with them and had little racing experience but ended up being the fastest guy in the #9 Toyota
Old 30 May 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3825602)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/pho...test-2018-j-5/
Old 30 May 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3825610)   #13
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I find that weird considering that Lopez last year was the rookie with them and had little racing experience but ended up being the fastest guy in the #9 Toyota
True, but speed and experience are not the same thing and the latter is arguably more significant at Le Mans.
Old 30 May 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3825664)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
With the weather looking good for the test weekend, how close do people think the non hybrid LMP1's will get to the lap times of the toyota's, i am hoping they (well the quickest) will be within 2 or 3 seconds, what do you all think
Old 30 May 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3825666)   #15
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
With the weather looking good for the test weekend, how close do people think the non hybrid LMP1's will get to the lap times of the toyota's, i am hoping they (well the quickest) will be within 2 or 3 seconds, what do you all think
I think they will encounter all manner of niggly problems which will prevent them from running at their full potential.
Old 30 May 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3825667)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Are we talking about the toyota's or the others, hopefully it is too late for sandbagging
Old 30 May 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3825679)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Are we talking about the toyota's or the others, hopefully it is too late for sandbagging
It's never too late for sandbagging!

I could see all the LMP1 runners not wanting to show their pace for bop politics purposes, but honestly I think the teams will be better served giving it all they got to see what happens with their cars.
Old 30 May 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3825700)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree, but I do expect a fairly significant level of sandbagging. It's nowhere near too late for that.....
Old 30 May 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3825705)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i thought the ACO said no further BOP adjustments
Old 30 May 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3825707)   #20
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
For GT maybe, but EOT/BOP for LMP1 can be changed during race week based on the test weekend.
Old 30 May 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3825739)   #21
Mike E
Veteran

As Graham G just said on MWM, look out for quick sectors but maybe not quick laps.
Old 30 May 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3825761)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That won’t fool anyone.
Old 31 May 2018, 05:53 (Ref:3825789)   #23
dominique
Rookie

France
near cognac
dominique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello, I decided to go see that closer.I will be present on the circuit Friday and Saturday of this week. Hoping to see heads that I know.
Old 31 May 2018, 06:54 (Ref:3825801)   #24
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
True, but speed and experience are not the same thing and the latter is arguably more significant at Le Mans.
Sure, but what is funny is that the guy with the most Le Mans experience in their third car last year wrecked it while the two rookies were just as fast and avoided incidents Sometimes you just can't catch a break.

I hope there's no sandbagging in lmp1. I don't think it's going to get the private teams anywhere or anything extra if they do.
Old 31 May 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3825816)   #25
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Question is also how could they do it. They can't with the engine, Aero is also more or less final (or is it). Maybe they can tinker with setup and suspension. But I think ACO is predicting that private teams will find more performance during test day and race than Toyota.

I would really like to see privateers beating Toyota on per lap basis, but in the long run (stint length, tires, strategy) odds will still be in favor of Toyota.