Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Aug 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4124304)   #76
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pit/paddock wanderings on Friday: https://motorsportintheuk.co.uk/p907785767
Old 30 Aug 2022, 13:33 (Ref:4124307)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good pictures thank you. Reminded me that once upon a time there were quite a few Aston Martin DB4 GTs in the Gent Drivers. Only one this year, likewise only one MGB, but loads of Cobras and Elans.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4124311)   #78
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of timetable grumbles. if I may:

I would have thought the Tony Dron historic tourers deserved a better slot than 10am on Saturday and the Transatlantic pre 66 running last meant we were tearing down our tents after sunset.

Old 30 Aug 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4124342)   #79
Brynmor
Rookie

Brynmor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Pit/paddock wanderings on Friday: https://motorsportintheuk.co.uk/p907785767
Very kind of you to take a picture of my 309 in the auction, now safely back home.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4125098)   #80
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
driving standards at The Classic

I was not at the meeting but was told of "serious carnage", 11 cars damaged, poor driving standards etc all resulting in MRL subsequently sending out a letter to all drivers who participated to give everyone a telling off .......hence logging in to see what if anything is mentioned here, but nothing it seems?
Old 6 Sep 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4125099)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually I believe in all there were around twenty MRL cars damaged, most of which are unlikely to be out again this year hence Duncan's e mail.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4125104)   #82
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told 11 DNFs , so that makes it even worse if there were more cars damaged that actually made it to the finish.
I truly hope that it is not a reflection on everyones attitude today that there has been no comment on this so far.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4125106)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll have to check but I think it was 11 in the HTCC.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 13:07 (Ref:4125117)   #84
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With fifty four cars spread across eighteen classes and three series (HTCC, Tony Dron and U2TC) what could possibly go wrong ? With some of the field on slicks and the rest on treaded tyres (do the Tony Dron cars run on slicks ?) even the quickest U2TC car twenty seconds off the pace and with little Mini Cooper at the tail of the field over a minute off the pace it isn't surprising there were so many problems.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 13:37 (Ref:4125120)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There were 6 disqualified in the RAC Woodcote and Stirling Moss Trophy race and 14 DNF.

There were 17 DNF in the HTCC.

The Tony Dron and U2TC classes run treaded tyres.