Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jul 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4119491)   #26
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sadly my co driver has had to cancel. I'll probably just enjoy the drive since reading clues will be somewhat difficult. I'll enjoy the bacon butty too.
So sorry to let the side down but as mentioned these high temperatures do not do me any favours, I was really looking forward to the event as well
Old 14 Jul 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4119492)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No worries there'll be other opportunities.
Old 15 Jul 2022, 17:42 (Ref:4119602)   #28
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Poor excuse .Get the train to Reading. I will pick you up.
Too much camera kit to carry.

Are any trains running?

In any case you will all be too busy to do a station run!

My man swapped the CV joint today and so far (just a 10 mile test drive and my 20+ mile run home) the grease deluge seems to be resolved.

I've done some full lock manoeuvring and will leave things to cool off before further testing tomorrow.

I did suggest going the whole hog and swapping the entire drive shaft but, apparently, they are not available.

Why there should be this problem is still a total puzzle to both of us.

The other possible concern is that management has her 3rd sore throat symptom in the past 6 or 7 weeks. This is getting ridiculous ...
Old 16 Jul 2022, 05:29 (Ref:4119650)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
That's a no then GP.
Old 16 Jul 2022, 05:34 (Ref:4119651)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All going well so far. Big concern is the very warm weather and the dry grass. I am setting up dustbins full of water around the field. If anyone else tells me about a field that was well alight up the road I will poke them in the eye.
Nearly 70 cars on the tour,fantastic achievement from Craven Motor Club.I have to say to team up with Craven has just been the best thing for the show. It makes all the difference they are set of top top blokes. Long may it continue.
Right wheres the hose pipe.
Old 16 Jul 2022, 06:17 (Ref:4119654)   #31
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven’t received any finals for the tour yet, has everyone else?
Old 16 Jul 2022, 07:09 (Ref:4119655)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Should be in your messages box.
Old 16 Jul 2022, 07:27 (Ref:4119656)   #33
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have a Grand Tour guys, & I hope Peter finds a friend!!
Old 16 Jul 2022, 08:02 (Ref:4119657)   #34
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Should be in your messages box.
Got them Peter, thanks ?
Old 16 Jul 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4119658)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Have a Grand Tour guys, & I hope Peter finds a friend!!
Sadly not but no worries.
Old 16 Jul 2022, 20:23 (Ref:4119680)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just signing off and getting my head down after nice cup of tea. Had lots of help today and everything is in place. Next job bacon butties for the marshalls in the morning.
Sun going down over Nuffield.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat evening show 2022..jpg
Views:	10
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	75879

Name:	Saturday evening show 2022 b.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	75880

Name:	Saturday evening show 2022 c.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	75881
Old 16 Jul 2022, 22:31 (Ref:4119689)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
That's a no then GP.
A "doubtful" Iain.

Car seems OK after some fettling work yesterday.

However, Management has gone down with the lurgy again - only just about got over the last bout and the bout before that - and if we follow recent form I will probably wake up with sore throat in the morning. That's what seems to have happened 3 times in the past few weeks.

No big deal in itself (at least it has not been a big deal previously) but I'm not sure it is entirely sensible to potentially spread whatever it is on a warm day in Oxfordshire.

I'll see how I feel in the morning and how management is progressing. Seems a bit stroppy tonight and that's usually a sign of feeling somewhat better. That's often not as positive as it may sound!

Obviously one also has to take into account the "authorities'" Red Alert, although, as someone old enough to recall the several weeks of rather hot and dry weather in the summer of 1976, a red alert for a couple of days of heat in summer seems a bit overly dramatic.
Old 16 Jul 2022, 22:46 (Ref:4119690)   #38
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Old 16 Jul 2022, 22:49 (Ref:4119691)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

This popped up today on a device I rarely use for looking at photos - seems like a date related reminder.
Attached Thumbnails
SRFoS_July2011_SRFoS_July2011_ONED3599.jpg  
Old 17 Jul 2022, 05:52 (Ref:4119699)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have a great day Boys and Girls. I will raise a glass of red to you all. Enjoy.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 06:03 (Ref:4119700)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Cheers, just having a double espresso then heading to the Cherry Tree.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 08:00 (Ref:4119705)   #42
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah Grant I wish you hadn't found that picture!

Have a great day everyone.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jul 2022, 08:20 (Ref:4119706)   #43
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Signed on, ready & waiting at Cherry Tree Inn with Peter ?
Old 17 Jul 2022, 08:20 (Ref:4119707)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup. Signed on.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4119717)   #45
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yeah Grant I wish you hadn't found that picture!

Have a great day everyone.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Agreed.

Dreadful shot of the Stig. Anyone else could probably deny their presence.

11 years ago. Seems more recent than that.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 14:45 (Ref:4119718)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
T'was a good day. I decided to forego the route and went straight to the motor show, after a bacon butty procured by Mrs Ryan (thank you very much). Spent a few hours photographing some great cars, shook hands with Howden Ganley who is nearly as famous as Iain. And now back home with a cold beer.

Thanks to Iain and the Craven Motor Club for organising a great event. Hopefully will do the run next year.

Photographs will appear later.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 17:26 (Ref:4119725)   #47
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

We had a great day, catching up with Peter first thing & then touring the highways & byways with the Maharajas Tour, all while raising money for good causes.

It’s a great way to spend some time with one’s favourite fragrant passenger and involving them in great hobby. Thanks Iain

Highly recommended if you haven’t already tried it & you don’t need a special car, we did it in my wife’s car as she requested
Old 17 Jul 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4119735)   #48
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It sounds like you all had a great day - good!

Ours was mostly dominated by a murder; a 25 year-old man was shot & killed just around the corner from Michele's house.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4119736)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Very sad.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 09:43 (Ref:4119785)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	2022 Racing car show arial shot..jpg
Views:	12
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	75921
Great shot of the field. Think this was around 11pm.I cant see the tour cars. Brilliant shot.
Closed Thread