Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1309480)   #1
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THE Radio Le Mans (+ Live Timing) Thread

I went to LM last year for the 3rd time and you folks were very helpful - thought it was time to stop back in, and see what's been going on.

After searching AND reading through the ENTIRE 75-page thread I couldn't find any mention of Radio Le Mans. Anyone have confirmation that they'll be operating again this year? I know there was a little uncertainty last year...
Old 24 May 2005, 23:48 (Ref:1309487)   #2
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good question.. i thought they said it will be back, but i cant confirm that. i sure hope they are back this year!
Old 25 May 2005, 03:27 (Ref:1309528)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
They'll be there. As Ayse has a dinner with Paul Truswel prior to the race last years, he might confirmed...

And Hindy lurks some times too... as he commented the Mid-Ohio race, he seemed to mention Ten-Tenths - thanks for that Hindy , I missed it, due to a boring french commentary -, so he could confirmed too...
Old 25 May 2005, 06:49 (Ref:1309573)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Radio Le Mans is an institution!!

Can't imagine the race without it......
Old 25 May 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1309582)   #5
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, the ads (to get sponsorship) were there at Autosport magazine and website last month already
Old 25 May 2005, 07:23 (Ref:1309583)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am 99.9% certain that RLM will be on air, this year there have been adverts in Motorsport News and Autosport over the last few weeks. I also heard Hindy mention on the Autosport Radio Show on Globlecast907 the other week that would be live from Le Mans on Wednesday 15th June.
Old 25 May 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1309670)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been advertised in Autosport for ages now!
Old 25 May 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1309688)   #8
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In past years when they have been finding it hard to raise the cash for the best radio station in the world (if only for a week), they have made it known that their may be a chance of no Radio Le Mans.
This year all I've seen as well is adverts for the station it self, nothing begging for money to keep the tradition going.
So I think Radio Le Mans will be a big part of the best race in the world again this year.
Old 25 May 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1310041)   #9
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's terrific news. Out here in California, we tend to miss things like adverts in Motorsport News!
Old 25 May 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1310046)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will be good if its on Globecast 907 on SKY.

No need to sit huddled around the computer all day.
Old 25 May 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1310057)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish they'd invent WAP Radio for the thing!
Old 25 May 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1310070)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i hope it will be streamed on the internet ...

Ciao Marco
Old 26 May 2005, 00:59 (Ref:1310326)   #13
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess they broadcast it here this year again.

http://www.americanlemans.com/radiow...iowebhome.aspx
Old 26 May 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1310436)   #14
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
They did say last year, that for this and hopefully future years they have an agreement with sky to broadcast Radio Le Mans on one of their digital radio channels.
Old 27 May 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1311398)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see on the official ACO website that there is a link (disabled at the moment) to 'Radio 24H'. I assume when it goes live this will link to Radio Le Mans? If so, the ACO certainly expect the station to be on air.
Old 27 May 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1311421)   #16
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Another full page advert this week in Motorsport News for the station.
Old 28 May 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1312349)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
They'll be there. As Ayse has a dinner with Paul Truswel prior to the race last years, he might confirmed...

And Hindy lurks some times too... as he commented the Mid-Ohio race, he seemed to mention Ten-Tenths - thanks for that Hindy , I missed it, due to a boring french commentary -, so he could confirmed too...
Sadly not dining with Paul this year as we are arriving so late.......

But I believe RLM will be there. There are threast to its existence every year but they get there.
Old 28 May 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1312354)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I see on the official ACO website that there is a link (disabled at the moment) to 'Radio 24H'. I assume when it goes live this will link to Radio Le Mans? If so, the ACO certainly expect the station to be on air.
Not so sure about that one - I think that's a link to the French version, isn't it?
Old 28 May 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1312357)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Even if they're not there (and they will be, of course), I will be proudly wearing my RLM t-shirt sometime during the weekend. Now, can I use it to blag my way in somewhere.......?
Old 28 May 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1312362)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On the subject of RLM t-shirts, I have one from the 2003 race (unworn), signed by
Gunnar Jeannette
Oliver Gavin
Kelly Collins
Thomas Enge
Darren Turner
Anthony Davidson
Terry Borcheller
Robin Liddell
Butch Leitzinger
Shane Lewis
Johnny Mowlem

Nice eh?
Old 29 May 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1313786)   #21
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was talking to Gary Champion the other day and he said that it will be carried on GlobeCast 907
Old 30 May 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1314332)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Not so sure about that one - I think that's a link to the French version, isn't it?
French???

What a cheek! I mean who's race is this anyway.........
Old 30 May 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1314378)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
French???

What a cheek! I mean who's race is this anyway.........
Sorry mate, it's a french radio allright
Old 30 May 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1314388)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Told you.......
Old 1 Jun 2005, 00:02 (Ref:1316314)   #25
vogelmann4
Rookie

vogelmann4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone know if they're on satellite radio?