Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Aug 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1997896)   #1
Jan Gower
Racer

Jan Gower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Meeting Oulton Aug Bank Holiday

I would like to pass on my thanks to EVERYONE who attended this meeting from marshals, circuit staff, and the breakdown crewes who were gutted, they were 2 short of the 100 for the long weekend! Many congratulations you all worked so well and professionally, from all in the 'Ivory Tower'

Whilst on I would like to wish Vikki (Knickerbrook) very very best wishes on her forthcoming wedding. I hope the sun shines for you, will be thinking of you, and thank you... (a cryptic message for the marshals who will be attending 750 at Oulton and ACC at Anglesey in two weeks time) Vikki, I promise I will deliver!!!

Jan
Old 27 Aug 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1998004)   #2
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Just fought my way home through the Bank Holiday traffic (and the M40 being closed ) but I want to add a very sincere thanks to everyone at Oulton Park, who made the meeting such a great success. I'm not going to name names because I'm bound to forget somebody but everyone seems to 'go the extra mile' at this meeting and it really is noticed and appreciated. We had our share of drama (which some of you know about - including the car up a tree - photos of which are sure to make the 'comics') but to get through that timetable as we did was a big achievement and we would never have done it without you all.
Thanks again
Old 28 Aug 2007, 08:52 (Ref:1998218)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Gower
the breakdown crewes who were gutted, they were 2 short of the 100 for the long weekend!
I felt rather guilty when I heard that.....I let one of the straight tows I'd called for drive his car back to the paddock. If I'd known how close to 100 we were getting I'd have insisted that he took the tow!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1998408)   #4
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well another quiet weekend at old hall didnt help the figures in reaching 100. on the other hand, some fantastic cars and a few awesome races, classic formula ford trying 4 wide at old hall was brilliant. spent two mornings on the marshals volenteer stand which was actually good fun speaking to loads of spectators and managed to get some signed up for a day with us lot. best bit of the weekend for me was getting a go in the ford rs200 on the rally course, absolutly awesome and just cant describe how good it was. a massive thanks to mr briggs and the guys from slowly sideways for sorting it. dont think this year can get any better but next meeting is off to the 24hrs so lets hope!!!!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 15:22 (Ref:1998449)   #5
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same with pitlane, a long day Monday but made worth it by seeing Mr D Bell blast what has to be one of the prettiest Le Mans winners ever around what is definitely the prettiest circuit in the country. I've always loved the Gold Cup as it brings out some special cars, and in a lot of cases special people too. The Italian guys looking after various cars including the Lola #96 were fantastic, despite me knowing bugger all Italian and they very little English we managed to sort everything out with sign language, including the answer to "you just told me i could go on to the pit wall and now you're telling me no, why?!!"
Old 28 Aug 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1998496)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
spent two mornings on the marshals volenteer stand which was actually good fun speaking to loads of spectators and managed to get some signed up for a day with us lot.
Over the weekend I had the pleasant job of introducing four of the people who'd signed up at previous meetings to life on the bank. I hope an afternoon with me didn't put them off......
Old 28 Aug 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1998514)   #7
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the breakdown crewes who were gutted, they were 2 short of the 100 for the long weekend!

Actually you can make that a Round 100 as I recovered 2 Rally cars from assorted degrees of distress.

A lovely weekend, the Slowly Sideways guys were as entertaining as usual, plus, dare I say, making some of the best noises.

Also, in a bizarre twist, the Circuit had a car up a tree, and the Rally boys needed a tyre-wall rebuild!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 18:36 (Ref:1998607)   #8
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My arm is now recovered from waving so many yellows at Druids In. Who buried the magnet under the gravel trap there?????
Old 28 Aug 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1998665)   #9
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky Chappie

Here's a link to a few photos showing the lucky escape at Shell on Saturday:

http://flickr.com/photos/12002224@N03/

Last edited by flying muppet; 28 Aug 2007 at 19:46.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1998673)   #10
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Gower
I would like to pass on my thanks to EVERYONE who attended this meeting from marshals, circuit staff, and the breakdown crewes who were gutted, they were 2 short of the 100 for the long weekend! Many congratulations you all worked so well and professionally, from all in the 'Ivory Tower'

Whilst on I would like to wish Vikki (Knickerbrook) very very best wishes on her forthcoming wedding. I hope the sun shines for you, will be thinking of you, and thank you... (a cryptic message for the marshals who will be attending 750 at Oulton and ACC at Anglesey in two weeks time) Vikki, I promise I will deliver!!!

Jan
Did the breakdown crews include the marshal that they had to recover on Sunday night?

Mr Grey lived up to his magnetic reputation for attracting cars wherever he goes; nothing for ages and then he turns up.

And finally happy wedding Vikki and John on the 8th.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1998703)   #11
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying muppet
Here's a link to a few photos showing the lucky escape at Shell on Saturday:

http://flickr.com/photos/12002224@N03/
How the hell?!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1998709)   #12
OU812
Rookie

England
Preston
OU812 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said I wouldn't post anything regarding the F2 incident but here goes anyway! Here's a picture that if you've ever done Shell and covered the gravel trap on the outside you'll understand this was a lucky escape in more ways than one. Nuff said......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12305218@N02/

I'd just like to say a big thankyou to everyone who marshalled at Shell over the three days including incident, flag, observer (we wore 3 of them out during the weekend!) and even the part timer who was masquerading as a photographer you made my job as I/O easy Anyway you all did a great job and we definately experienced the extremes of working on the bank. From oh moments with the F2's to with the Historic Racing Saloons. The whole race was like a Drifting competition HSCC please note can we have them twice next year instead of the EFF2's?
Old 28 Aug 2007, 23:49 (Ref:1998829)   #13
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
How the hell?!
Apparently clipped the back of another car, then got airbourne...
Old 29 Aug 2007, 10:54 (Ref:1999082)   #14
Keith Kehoe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Runcorn, Cheshire
Keith Kehoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was flagging at Shell In at the weekend, Had quite a busy time, The F2 on Saturday was quite scary as he was already airborne when he went past me, and he cartwheeled about 3 times before going over the tyre wall. We were all mightly releived when he climbed out unhurt.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 11:13 (Ref:1999094)   #15
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kehoe
We were all mightly releived when he climbed out unhurt.
So were we! I'm still wondering quite how he would have been extracted, had he been injured, although I'm sure the Rescue crews would have found a way!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 11:36 (Ref:1999107)   #16
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812
I said I wouldn't post anything regarding the F2 incident but here goes anyway! Here's a picture that if you've ever done Shell and covered the gravel trap on the outside you'll understand this was a lucky escape in more ways than one. Nuff said......
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12305218@N02/

Welcome aboard, Thanks for IO ing for us at Shell, certainly benefitted from your experience, not least in moving where we had been standing us just prior to the F2 practice session

The F2 was my most moment in my first season on the bank, I was the most releived as got to the car first and got the thumbs up from the driver , then told him to just hang about and wait for the cavalry to arrive

A great three days and as the psots have said some stunning machines being raced very closely Roll on next year
Old 31 Aug 2007, 08:45 (Ref:2000680)   #17
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Read Marcus Pye's column in the Autosport. Both informative and educational and exactly what I would expect from the man.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 09:59 (Ref:2000733)   #18
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
Read Marcus Pye's column in the Autosport. Both informative and educational and exactly what I would expect from the man.
Yes, I think he hit the nail on the head with that article, having competed in the DB series, and also having witnessed the aftermath of all 3 'biggies' on Saturday.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 10:04 (Ref:2000740)   #19
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

I read Marcus's comments with great interest - need I say more?