Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Aug 2002, 12:51 (Ref:365952)   #1
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART feeder series for F1 ??

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html?http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...26061649.shtml

I think this would be a great Idea! It would definately open the eyes of the world to the drivers in CART. It could introduce a diverse group drivers to F1. I dont see a bad side to it at all, especially since CART is in such a bad way.

Last edited by neilap; 26 Aug 2002 at 12:55.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 14:41 (Ref:365988)   #2
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see that happening.
The big teams could have there a "junior" or "B" squad having the test drivers Burti, Badoer, Wurz, Gene, Pizzonia, etc, etc, plus the F3 kids that are on the way up, and still dont have a F1 seat immediately, like Briscoe, Davidson, McNish.
I love CART cause you can win starting from row 11, which is impossible in F1 ... maybe not if you have a Ferrari ?!
Not matter how many series there is F1 will always be the NUMBER ONE division, so i believe that CART, IRL, F3000 or any other series can be classified and recognized as feeder series.

Come on Mr.Pook approach some F1 teams and invite them to have a team in the BEST RACING SERIES IN THE WORLD ... CART !!!
Old 26 Aug 2002, 16:00 (Ref:366015)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting comment by Pook:

"I'd love CART to be a feeder series for F1. My predecessors thought that CART was an alternative to F1. I don't believe that. I'm 180 degrees from that. F1 is at a level and class of its own. We fit in somewhere below them. It would be great if we could develop drivers to go there."

Nice of him to admit that F1 is superior to CART. Now, if he wants to really make it a feeder series (though, we already have F3000 for that), he should get rid of those silly ovals.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 16:26 (Ref:366046)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not a bad idea... Cart is definately the closest level of open-wheel racing to F1 in the world.

I wouldn't like Cart to be declared a feeder series to F1 though, as that might mean Cart would change to become more like F1, which wouldn't be good. I like to think of Cart as a different product from F1. Cheaper, more accessible, friendly, more relaxed, Turbos , and more exciting racing. Can't say F1 is any of those.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 Aug 2002, 16:41 (Ref:366063)   #5
allen_overy
Racer

allen_overy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would not like to see that happening.

As suggested, if CART is declared to be a feeder series for F1 (meaning all F1 drivers must pass through it before being admitted), it would not help drivers better suited to the formula 1 style since CART and F1 are two different things. Performing well in CART does not guarantee sucess in F1 so it actaully is not a good parameter to qualify as a "feeder" series for F1.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:02 (Ref:366151)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's OK now. like an "unofficial" feeder series. For sure it's a better feeder series than the Invisible Racing League