Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2004, 15:07 (Ref:998540)   #1
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prizes at Lemans?

Please forgive me if my question seems offensive to anyone, but I'm all but a LeMans expert.

Is there a prizes scheme like it happens, say, for IRL, descending from winners to last?
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:51 (Ref:998656)   #2
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They earn a little. The prize is...glory, TADAAHHHH !!!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:58 (Ref:998665)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read an interesting article regarding racing and prize money in Europe (if I can find the link I will post it). The gist of it was that the attitude is quite different from that in America. Seems like organizers and sanctioning bodies in Europe collect the money from the sponsors and TV, but little filters out the other end to race teams. The majority of funds for the race teams comes from factories, team sponsors, team partners, and pocketbooks. (this is probably not accurate for F1 however)

In America it is quite the opposite. Teams here have all that, but they also get point funds, fast qual awards, race purses, etc.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 20:22 (Ref:998960)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I seem to remember details of prizes in previous Le Mans program. They weren't impressive IIRC.

The rules also set out the entry fees, so maybe they have the prizes in as well? These are available on the ACO website.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Jun 2004 at 20:23.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 21:15 (Ref:999022)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
jhansen, was that an article by Ed Hinton?
Old 9 Jun 2004, 22:22 (Ref:999131)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't recall the auther, but it will come to me.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 22:31 (Ref:999136)   #7
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Could this be it?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...04,0,4935121.c