Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Aug 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1685963)   #151
Sergio
Rookie

Sergio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ciao Christian

thanks for your help !
it is exactly what I want
I waiting e-mail from you.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1686008)   #152
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Away from the cancelled race and back to racing!
Highlight after Highlight...

Next race:
"Leinster Trophy" Car Races - Mondello Park 9th & 10th September

Timetable

SATURDAY 9th September
09:30 Formula Vee - Qualifying
09:55 Historics & Porsche - Qualifying
10:20 FF 1600 - Qualifying
10:45 EuroBOSS - Untimed
11:15 Formula Sheane - Qualifying
11:40 Formula Libre - Qualifying
12:05 Fiat Punto & Uno - Qualifying
12:30 EuroBOSS - Qualifying
Lunch
14:00 Formula Vee - Race 1
14:25 Porsche Open - Race 1
14:50 FF 1600 - Race 1
15:15 EuroBOSS - Race 1
15:40 Historics - Race 1
16:05 Fiat Punto & Uno - Race 1
16:30 Formual Libre - Race 1
16:55 Formula Sheane - Race 1
17:20 FF 1600 - Race 2

SUNDAY 10th September
09:00 Dunlop Supercars & Abarths - Qualifying
09:25 Saloon Cars - Qualifying
09:50 Strykers & Global Lights - Qualifying
10:15 FF 1600 Leinster Trophy - Qualifying
10:40 EuroBOSS - Warm Up

11:00 Fiat Punto & Uno - Race 2
11:25 Historics - Race 2
11:50 Saloon Cars - Race
12:15 Formula Libre - Race 2
12:40 Dunlop Supercars & Abarths - Race 1
Lunch
14:00 Strykers & Global Lights - Race 1
14:25 Formula Vee - Race 2
14:50 EuroBOSS - Race 2
15:25 Dunlop Supercars & Abarths - Race 2
15:50 FF 1600 Leinster Trophy - Race
16:15 Porsche Open - Race 2
16:40 Formula Sheane - Race 2
17:05 Strykers & Global Lights - Race 2

It looks like a exciting motorsport weekend!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 18 Aug 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1686026)   #153
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Guys,

Just a quick post to say its really fantastic that you guys are coming back to Ireland after such a long lay off. I know the circuit dosent really suit your cars as its very tight and twisty but we really appreciate the cahnce to see cars of that calibre without travelling overseas!

Welcome back and best of luck!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1686031)   #154
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apple polisher!!!!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1686042)   #155
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc H
Hey Guys,

Just a quick post to say its really fantastic that you guys are coming back to Ireland after such a long lay off. I know the circuit dosent really suit your cars as its very tight and twisty but we really appreciate the cahnce to see cars of that calibre without travelling overseas!
Welcome back and best of luck!
Thanks Doc H!
The offer for a race in Mondello at the "Leinster Trophy" event came very late, but they came not too late for us,... and for the fans!

We are also very happy that we can come back to Mondello Park after 4 years!
I hope the motorsport fans from Ireland and the UK will enjoy our series (plus all the others) and have a fantastic weekend there.

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 19 Aug 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1686574)   #156
BOSSman
Veteran

Press Release - "Leinster Trophy"

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87374
Old 19 Aug 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1686816)   #157
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
@ EuroBOSS

Hi EuroBOSS, i was just wondering...(honest)
Who decides which venues you race at for the year?

I've noticed that the series never tends to have a set calender I.E go to the same venues every year.

Is their any particular reason or is it just where you can go?

Please say if i'm being too nosey!

Speedblood
Old 20 Aug 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1687607)   #158
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood
Hi EuroBOSS, i was just wondering...(honest)
Who decides which venues you race at for the year?
I've noticed that the series never tends to have a set calender I.E go to the same venues every year.
Is their any particular reason or is it just where you can go?
You can say Christian to me...
For a series it is very good (a basis), if it gives races where you can go every year, like a 'tradition' (Zolder). When you see at the first time there the event is good, the contact with the organization also (please please come back next year >for less money... ), the spectators enjoyed your races and so on, then is that the best what you can have as a race promotor and therefore why not go to the same event in the following year!?
...and on the other side you have the "normal" season races for which you get an offer from a organization and the promotor looks also for good events for his series (it gives circuits which the drivers like more) and then speak with the event managers over a chance to race there.

It is a very hard way to find a good season calendar, particularly for EuroBOSS.
You know, unfortunately we can not race at so many circuits because of the noise problems and the safety standards!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1687651)   #159
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok sorry Christian!

I was just interested to know how a series works like that.

Also yes i'm sure it is difficult for a series like this cos of speed and noise.
(Noise restrictions should be banned!) LOL

Cheers

Speedblood
Old 24 Aug 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1690237)   #160
EuroBOSS-F1
Rookie

EuroBOSS-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello!

Hi,

Just been given the address to this place and thought I'd drop a post in...

Good to see some familiar faces... Hi Christian!

Look forward to joining in the discussions.

Laters!
D@n
Old 25 Aug 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1691240)   #161
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBOSS-F1
Hi,
Just been given the address to this place and thought I'd drop a post in...
Good to see some familiar faces... Hi Christian!
Look forward to joining in the discussions.
Laters!D@n
I cannot believe it, my longtime EuroBOSS friend D@n is back!
With this nickname and signature, it must be a familiar face!
Welcome in the TT-EuroBOSS realm!
Now we can give all our bad words over the official website to this man!

It is not a problem to meet us here, but i hope that we see us also in the future at the races...
So long...

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing

Last edited by BOSSman; 25 Aug 2006 at 08:08.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1691379)   #162
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Always loved Euroboss - great to see the old cars being raced - you might be interested in my next book which is about some little known cars of the mid to late 1990's a few of which are propably going for peanuts - perfect for Euroboss!

What about all the old Champ Cars about to hit the market - will they all end up in the Big Open Single Seaters?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1691427)   #163
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Always loved Euroboss - great to see the old cars being raced - you might be interested in my next book which is about some little known cars of the mid to late 1990's a few of which are propably going for peanuts - perfect for Euroboss!
A book over these cars? Really? I love the F1 cars from the 90's.
I need your book absolutely! Please send me a email when your work on the book is finished and ready to buy!

Quote:
What about all the old Champ Cars about to hit the market - will they all end up in the Big Open Single Seaters?
Yes and No! This year we have up to Zandvoort no ChampCar in EuroBOSS! The well-known car from Joachim Ryschka has a good stand in his garage and waits for the new engine and other parts which comes from USA. In Europe you can drive such a car only in EuroBOSS, Interserie and i think also in the Irish Formula Libre. Some are driven in the two US-BOSS series. In the comparison to EB they have more from these cars, than F1.
I would say you can drive with a Champcar also hillclimbs and the other goes in garages or maybe rebuild back into its individual parts.

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 25 Aug 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1691768)   #164
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Cool, let me know also when that book comes about. Should be an interesting read!

Ah the champcars, i remember the one that robbie stirling used to race. It was always a good comparison between the Champcars and f1 cars.
Also what Christian mentioned about the US-BOSS series or someting, it would be great if the competitors from both series got together for one big event somewhere during the year. That would be something!

Speedblood
Old 26 Aug 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1691956)   #165
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Also what Christian mentioned about the US-BOSS series or someting, it would be great if the competitors from both series got together for one big event somewhere during the year. That would be something!
Klaas Zwart drove one race with USBOSS in Road Atlanta 2004.

Yes it would be great and there gives every year discussions how we can handle this. But it is logistical and financial not so easy, because these are all no work-teams like Schumi F1.
First important question, which series (must) go over the "large sea" and has therefore carry most of the costs!
I mean for all three BOSS series it goes not without a good sponsor, but i think positive and say it comes to a race with our US friends in the next 2-3 years...

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 26 Aug 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1691968)   #166
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBOSS
Yes it would be great and there gives every year discussions how we can handle this. But it is logistical and financial not so easy, because these are all no work-teams like Schumi F1.
First important question, which series (must) go over the "large sea" and has therefore carry most of the costs!
As usual, costs ruin everything! I was just thinking aloud and I know it would be hard to do. But you never know!

Speaking of Schumi, apparently at some point he purchased his first F1 car, (Jordan I think)
We all know a good place he could race it when he retires from active F1!

Speedblood
Old 28 Aug 2006, 16:57 (Ref:1695537)   #167
EuroBOSS-F1
Rookie

EuroBOSS-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Speedblood,

Yeah, in fact I think one of the Schumacher brothers has every single F1 car he has raced. F1-Racing magazine did a feature article on it once.

With regards the US, Christian is correct. It all comes down to cost of shipping the teams and personnel over. Indeed, just traveling around Europe is costly enough for some of the smaller teams.

This is where good sponsorship comes in handy but all forms of motorsport are fighting to get in this type of funding.

Laters!
D@n

P.S - Yep Christian, it is your old mate D@n. Look forward to catching up at a race in the very near future.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1702444)   #168
BOSSman
Veteran

EuroBOSS 2006 - Round 4 - Mondello Park

The NEW updated Timetable for Mondello Park!

SATURDAY 9th September
09:15 Formula Vee - Qualifying
09:40 Historics & Porsche - Qualifying
10:05 FF 1600 - Qualifying
10:30 EuroBOSS - Untimed
11:00 Formula Sheane - Qualifying
11:25 Global Lights & Strykers - Qualifying
11:50 Fiat Punto & Uno - Qualifying
12:15 EuroBOSS - Qualifying
Lunch
13:45 Formula Vee - Race 1
14:15 Porsche Open - Race 1
14:45 FF 1600 - Race 1
15:15 EuroBOSS - Race 1
15:45 A1 GP Team Ireland - Demo
16:00 Historics - Race 1
16:30 Formula Sheane - Race 1
17:00 Fiat Punto & Uno - Race 1
17:30 Formula Libre - Qualifying

SUNDAY 10th September
09:00 Dunlop Supercars & Abarths - Qualifying
09:25 EuroBOSS - Warm Up
09:50 Global Lights & Strykers - Race 1
10:10 Fiat Punto & Uno - Race 2
10:40 Historics - Race 2
11:10 Formula Libre - Race 1
11:40 Dunlop Supercars & Abarths - Race 1
12:10 Porsche Open - Race 2
Lunch
13:45 Formula Vee - Race 2
14:15 Dunlop Supercars & Abarths - Race 2
14:45 EuroBOSS - Race 2
15:25 A1 GP Team Ireland - Demo
15:40 FF 1600 Leinster Trophy - Race
16:15 Formula Sheane - Race 2
16:45 Global Lights & Strykers - Race 2
17:15 Formula Libre - Race 2

Entry list follows!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 6 Sep 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1703080)   #169
BOSSman
Veteran

Press Release - "Leinster Trophy"
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88126

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 6 Sep 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1703517)   #170
BOSSman
Veteran

The current entry list for Mondello:

Patrick D'Aubreby - Beneton Ford HB V8 3500 cc

Karl-Heinz Becker - Dallara Nissan V6 3000 cc

Klaas Zwart - Ascari Judd V10 4000 cc

Pierre Schroeder - Ascari Judd V10 4000 cc

Johnny Laursen - Ascari Judd V10 4000 cc

Henk de Boer - Coloni Cosworth V8 3500 cc

Tony Hansford - Arrows Cosworth V8 3500 cc

Carlos Tavares - Dallara Nissan V6 3000 cc

+ maybe two more EuroBOSS drivers
+ probably the Irish national F3000 heroes Dan Daly, Simon McInley, Bob Coupland, Alan Kessie and hopefully Jonathan Fildes in his fathers car!

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 9 Sep 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1706152)   #171
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must say I wasn't impressed with the number of entries today. Such a pity that Ireland is seen as being on the "outskirts" of Europe and that teams that obviously have such a high level of financial backing can't make the effort to visit the Emerald Isle.

Sorry guys, but having been at the last EuroBOSS event in Ireland and having a bit of one of the cars still on my wall (A bit of carbon fibre about 10cm long) I just thought todays turnout was really poor.

Come on guys, it's there's so many of you registered for the championship then do your series and Ireland a favour and spend a few Euro and COME AND RACE HERE.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1706250)   #172
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
I must say I wasn't impressed with the number of entries today. Such a pity that Ireland is seen as being on the "outskirts" of Europe and that teams that obviously have such a high level of financial backing can't make the effort to visit the Emerald Isle.

Sorry guys, but having been at the last EuroBOSS event in Ireland and having a bit of one of the cars still on my wall (A bit of carbon fibre about 10cm long) I just thought todays turnout was really poor.

Come on guys, it's there's so many of you registered for the championship then do your series and Ireland a favour and spend a few Euro and COME AND RACE HERE.
How many people where actually racing? (Or took part) If there was around 10-12 then that's pretty much the average. I think Zolder only had 7 people racing, while Brands Hatch was 12 (Sunday). But I can't remember about Zandvoort (15 I guess).
Old 10 Sep 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1707348)   #173
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
How many people where actually racing? (Or took part) If there was around 10-12 then that's pretty much the average. I think Zolder only had 7 people racing, while Brands Hatch was 12 (Sunday). But I can't remember about Zandvoort (15 I guess).
9, and I believe 3 of them were locals who'd been asked to take part to fill out the grid.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1707430)   #174
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
9, and I believe 3 of them were locals who'd been asked to take part to fill out the grid.
mmm, I see what you mean, we'll need to wait until Christian comes online. Then you could ask him.

If you think 9 was low, at Brands Hatch in 04, their was only 5 cars participating. (Not bad mouthing the series but it was a bit dissapointing then) I think that it is just a case of finances again. Cos you can't "drive" to Ireland or the Uk for that matter, whereas throughout europe a ferry or flight is not necessary.

I'll say no more,

Speedblood
Old 11 Sep 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1708207)   #175
footwork
Rookie

United Kingdom
Tunbridge Wells
footwork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
teams that obviously have such a high level of financial backing can't make the effort to visit the Emerald Isle.
Hi MagnetOn

Not sure if we met met over the weekend, spoke to everybody at some point

Other than the Ascari team most teams run these cars on a shoestring and can't always make every race. Also many teams these days are based in continental Europe meaning two days travel and 2 ferries in order to get there, as Speedblood rightly says.

The grid itself was fairly typical for EuroBoss these days, 8-10 regulars and a few local drivers. Our weekend was curtailed in practice by a considerable off caused by some sort of rear suspension/driveshaft failure, the damage being too great to repair. Again, other than the Ascari boys, we have very few spares and were unable to get the car repaired.

All said, we had a fantastic weekend, there's nowhere like Mondello for the 'Craic' and the wonderful Guiness and hospitality. Especially Simon 'Sideways' McInley, Plankey, Mrs McInley and everyone else who invaded and shook our motorhome until 4.00 Sunday morning

Mark

H-Engineering Motorsport

Racing with LUCAS Oil Products

Tags
cosworth, euroboss, judd, old f1 cars, single seater