Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2004, 10:08 (Ref:892170)   #1
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC's Passionate Dafence

Well, finally we got DC's defence. Yesterday the Scot launched a passionate defence of his racing record and vowed to become champion.

Speaking exclusively for Mirror sport ahead of the opening round in Australia, he refused to be bitter about being axed from his eight-year partnership with McLaren at the end of the season.

"Twelve months ago I was a winner here. Many drivers can only dream of that and anyone who writes off my potential or my achievements is not worth my time," he said.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 10:13 (Ref:892174)   #2
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ups, here is the link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sportt...name_page.html
Old 3 Mar 2004, 10:29 (Ref:892190)   #3
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well he does have a point there. Wiining a GP is hard enough let alone the 12 or 13 he has won. The trouble he has is that he is really driving for his career now which many drivers have done as well and in lesser teams than McLaren. The point being that the task should be easier on paper than it will prove to be.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 3 Mar 2004, 15:14 (Ref:892442)   #4
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Yes, he has won 13 GP ... at the same time, he has been in a Top 2 team all his GP life ... and his teammates have collectively won 2 WDC's and 31 GPs while he has been there. The only 2 times he has finished in front of teammates is Hakkinens disinterested 2001 and Raikkonnens first year. Every other time he has been, blown away.

And, ho-hum, every year he says "It's my year" ... sorry DC, you don't got what it takes, never did and never will.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 18:05 (Ref:892603)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: DC's Passionate Dafence

Quote:
Originally posted by Led ZeppF1

"Twelve months ago I was a winner here. Many drivers can only dream of that and anyone who writes off my potential or my achievements is not worth my time," he said.
i guess im not worth his time.....

DC is a decent driver with good speed.. who is a match for any one on his day.. The only thing is that with 9 yrs at Maclaren with most of them being in good cars he probabl;y could have done more.. 13 wins.. not bad probably could have been more.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 18:45 (Ref:892649)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Re: DC's Passionate Dafence

Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
i guess im not worth his time.....
don't take this the wrong way, but frankly you're not! (was DC really going to give you time before)

Generally I agree with your asessment though! Roebuck has just said more or less the same on Radio 2 too.

Do you think DC will do better now he is out of a drive? He did seem to put good performances in at contract time.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 18:53 (Ref:892655)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As always, this comparison says it all: Jacques, 11 wins in 2 years with a championship contender. DC, 13 wins in 6 years with championship contenders.

By that logic, either Jacques would have 30 wins in the cars DC has had or maybe DC would have just 2 or 3 wins had he been only 2 years in a championship car...
Old 3 Mar 2004, 19:05 (Ref:892662)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
here's me thinking this was a thread about DC.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 19:08 (Ref:892664)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i thought so too Adam....
Old 3 Mar 2004, 19:38 (Ref:892703)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's why he said it's not worth his time !
Old 4 Mar 2004, 09:57 (Ref:893305)   #11
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
DC will prove himself this year and Kimi WILL go to Williams. Please quote me on that come the silly season!!
Old 4 Mar 2004, 10:01 (Ref:893310)   #12
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Don't get me wrong, Kimi won't be sacked, he'll leave after "unforgivable" on-track incidents with JPM during the season!!!!
Old 4 Mar 2004, 10:02 (Ref:893313)   #13
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, some how i doubt that, but anything is possible. Ferrari have also shown much interest in the kimster, acknowledging him as the best behind their guys. The funniest sight would be to see the tifosi's eyes if ferrari announced that JPM were driving for them. They hate him sooo much.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 14:16 (Ref:893555)   #14
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC is looking towards Toyota or even Williams for a drive in 2005.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 14:37 (Ref:893578)   #15
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankly david i'm not concerned if i'm not worth your time.
I DO write off your acheivements (oooooooh,13 wins in *HOW* many GP's? LOL)

And your potential to be world champion this year never was
(and never will be for any other year)

Next time someone asks you ANYTHING just say "i haven't got a snowflake's hope in hell of winning a WDC,oh-and any wins i got last year were just pure luck"

or just shutup
Old 4 Mar 2004, 18:31 (Ref:893765)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What I see in DC is a lack of Berger's perception. A fast driver, a superb #2 with some wins, and more than anything, love to enjoy living with what he gained in racing.
Get your girl, boy and go surf in Recife, get a sun tan and enjoy the view.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 20:18 (Ref:893876)   #17
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, I am not getting the "This is my year" statement?
Old 4 Mar 2004, 22:18 (Ref:894039)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Geez, I hate it when I have to defend DC, but there is alot of rubbish in this thread.

He's a solid number 2, and his team mates have got the better of him. Fair enough. But we are'nt talking about hacks here, most have been considered very worthy drivers that would have put 95% of other drivers in the shade also.

Also, consider what his job is. He is'nt hired by McLaren to win the WDC. His job is to stay close, take points from the opposition, test and develope the car, and help keep the sponsors happy.

Is he successful at that - absolutely. One of the best in fact (OT, but thats why Toyota should grab him).

For us race fans, its a shame to have a top seat go to someone that is'nt one of the 6 best drivers. But can anyone tell me a year where the 6 best drivers were in the 3 best cars? Never.

From the teams point of view, he delivers. I also used to wonder why ROn kept him on, but when you think about it, its not hard to understand.

Next year will be different, 2 number 1's. Very exciting for us, but will it be successful? Time will tell.

No point having the 2nd and 3rd best drivers in F1 (and the $$$ you pay) if you still come 2nd and 3rd.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:55 (Ref:894176)   #19
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
And, ho-hum, every year he says "It's my year" ... sorry DC, you don't got what it takes, never did and never will.

I'm no DC fan, but I don't understand why everyone laughs at him for showing confidence before the season begins - doesn't every team and driver in F1 say that? At least DC didn't come in saying he would win his first race unlike 2 certain teams by the names of BAR and Jaguar. Now THAT is overconfidence!

Last edited by Yoong Montoya; 4 Mar 2004 at 23:57.