Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Mar 2024, 07:28 (Ref:4203375)   #2626
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Zelos in a " satellite" Excler8 entry backed by Davanti would be interesting. Is there a spare i30 shell around that's not the crashed Lloyd car to make this feasible?
Or a spare Dynamics/One Motorsport Civic shell perhaps?
Old 30 Mar 2024, 07:30 (Ref:4203376)   #2627
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Zelos in a " satellite" Excler8 entry backed by Davanti would be interesting. Is there a spare i30 shell around that's not the crashed Lloyd car to make this feasible?
Unless Excelr8 have built a new one over the winter, the only spare is the somewhat bettered ex-Lloyd car.

I would be a little surprised if Davanti would want to be involved in a series where Kwik Fit were the title sponsor. Kwik Fit don't stock Davanti tyres and are a direct competitor to the independent tyre fitters and garages that make up Davanti's customer base. As a team/driver/sponsor it's very difficult to put out any press release or promotional material that doesn't mention the mention the full title of the series and therefore reference Kwik Fit.
Old 30 Mar 2024, 08:32 (Ref:4203383)   #2628
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know there was a compromise with Dynamics running Goodyear number plates instead of Kwik Fit, but if it was that much of an issue then surely Halfords wouldn't have wanted to promote their Autocentres in a Kwik Fit sponsored series? I'd have thought Davanti would jump at the chance to be involved in the headline act on a TOCA weekend.
Old 30 Mar 2024, 10:17 (Ref:4203387)   #2629
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Kwik Fit may be a direct competitor to Halfords Autocentre but Halfords do much more than that. You don't see Kwik Fit selling bikes or general automotive accessories. It's much less of a clash
Old 30 Mar 2024, 14:16 (Ref:4203395)   #2630
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Halstead livery - black in place of the Bristol Street blue

https://x.com/thmotorsport_/status/1...T11pmdgnSSDQzA
Old 30 Mar 2024, 14:39 (Ref:4203396)   #2631
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

More images here :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5JCA8QNdKT/?igsh=MXNpbXpsYmo3NDQxag==

Looks really good I think.
Old 30 Mar 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4203404)   #2632
Mondeo Man33
Racer

Mondeo Man33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

Looks really good I think.
I agree, it’s nice to see something a bit different!
Old 30 Mar 2024, 20:11 (Ref:4203409)   #2633
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Ah, that's why we couldn't get the safety car through that bit of the Donington paddock today! I wondered what all the people were clustered round.

I think we probably went past it later on but didn't notice. What we did notice was all the confetti, it blew everywhere!
Old 31 Mar 2024, 10:11 (Ref:4203430)   #2634
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got an update on the entry lists for all the support category’s? Someone posted one a month or so back and it didn’t look too healthy.
Old 31 Mar 2024, 11:52 (Ref:4203432)   #2635
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Someone posted one a month or so back and it didn’t look too healthy.
More negativity!
Old 31 Mar 2024, 14:06 (Ref:4203435)   #2636
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
More negativity!
Someone posted an entry list and I think the Porsche Caymans and Mini’s in particular were very short on numbers, so wondered if anymore entries had been confirmed within the last month or so. Was just wondering out of curiosity, simple question really but never mind if it seems to of triggered you.
Old 31 Mar 2024, 14:26 (Ref:4203437)   #2637
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll add to that negativity. The Sprint Series. Doesn't matter if there's 3 or 30 cars, it's just time to go grab a couple of beers!!

Hope it picks up this year, because I like the cars (unlike F4, love the racing but that engine noise drones like my wife snoring after five or six pints of Guinness!!)
Old 31 Mar 2024, 16:15 (Ref:4203442)   #2638
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly all the Naysayers why don’t you stop torturing yourselves and go and find something that actually interests you ? Maybe Model aircraft flying or knitting? Noise , liveries, drivers, grid sizes, costs, crowd sizes - will it ever end?!
Old 31 Mar 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4203444)   #2639
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Honestly all the Naysayers why don’t you stop torturing yourselves and go and find something that actually interests you ? Maybe Model aircraft flying or knitting? Noise , liveries, drivers, grid sizes, costs, crowd sizes - will it ever end?!
It ended in 2000, and has been downhill ever since.

Old 31 Mar 2024, 17:22 (Ref:4203447)   #2640
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Honestly all the Naysayers why don’t you stop torturing yourselves and go and find something that actually interests you ? !
be careful what you wish for

apathy is far more deadlier for a series than criticize it
Old 31 Mar 2024, 19:05 (Ref:4203453)   #2641
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
be careful what you wish for

apathy is far more deadlier for a series than criticize it

says one of the most negative people on this forum

but it’s just a normal forum thing
pretty much any forum for any series is full of negativity

I guess that’s why forums in general are dying unfortunately
Old 31 Mar 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4203454)   #2642
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Anyone got an update on the entry lists for all the support category’s? Someone posted one a month or so back and it didn’t look too healthy.
There are several official test days for Porsche, MINI and F4 coming up during the first fortnight in April so we should hopefully get more of an understanding of how many entries to expect then. I'll try to keep an eye on any social media updates and TSL and will update these lists.

PCCGB has a very strong Pro category, I'd expect a few more Pro-Ams and maybe another couple of Ams to emerge during testing. F4 grid seems largely complete, there may be a few drivers who join late. Porsche Sprint Challenge announcements have been scarce although their season starts late at Snetterton owing to the late delivery dates for the new car. The MINI JCW field will likely be smaller this year as both Graves and Hybrid Tune won't be entering.

I have probably missed some announcements and, as ever, some entries may not materialise.

PCCGB:

Dan Lloyd - Toro Verde GT (Pro)
Jack Butel - Toro Verde GT (Pro-Am)
Hugo Ellis - Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Sid Smith - Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Stephen Jelley - Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Matthew Rees – Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Lee Mowle - Team Parker Racing (Am)
James Wallis - JTR (Pro) - Porsche GB Junior for 2024/2025
Josh Stanton - JTR (Pro-Am)
Andrew Rackstraw - JTR (Pro-Am?)
Josh Malin - Race Drive (Pro)
Oliver White - Race Drive (Pro-Am)
George Gamble – Rosland Gold by Century Motorsport (Pro)
Will Burns – Rosland Gold by Century Motorsport (Pro)

British F4: No official entry list yet so driver numbers may change – drivers marked[*] have appeared in official F4 tests but have not been confirmed as competing by the organisers.

#3 - Nina Gademan (NED) - Fortec
#8 - Kai Daryanani (IND) – Fortec
#48 – Alex Berg (CAN) - Fortec
#4 - Mika Abrahams (RSA) - Hitech Pulse-Eight
#5 - Reza Seewooruthun (GBR) - Hitech Pulse-Eight
#6 – Gabriel Stilp (GBR) – Hitech Pulse-Eight[*]
#7 - Deagen Fairclough (GBR) - Hitech Pulse-Eight
#9 – Emily Cotty (GBR) – Phinsys by Argenti[*]
#42 - Rowan Campbell-Pilling (GBR) – Phinsys by Argenti
#56 - Yuanpu Cui (CHN) – Phinsys by Argenti
#87 – Matus Ryba (SVK) – Phinsys by Argenti[*]
#11 - Chloe Chong (GBR) - JHR
#22 - Joel Bergstrom (SWE) – JHR
#33 - Leo Robinson (ALG) - JHR
#44 - Ella Lloyd (GBR) - JHR
#9 - Abbi Pulling (GBR) - Rodin
#12 - Alex Ninovic (AUS) - Rodin
#18 - James Higgins (GBR) - Rodin
#78 - Jack Sherwood (GBR) – Rodin
#23 – Zack Scoular (UAE) – Xcel Motorsport
#17 – Maxwell Dodds (GBR) – Virtuosi Racing[*]
#24 – Martin Molnar (HUN) – Virtuosi Racing
#99 – Yuhao Fu (CHN) – Virtuosi Racing
#66 – Chloe Grant (GBR) – Chris Dittmann Racing[*]
#77 – Bart Harrison (GBR) – Chris Dittmann Racing

Porsche Sprint Challenge GB (season starts at Snetterton):

Will Jenkins - Team Parker Racing
Oscar Dix - Team Parker Racing
Oliver Meadows – Team Parker Racing
George Jaxon - JW Bird
Darelle Wilson - JW Bird
Max Coates - Graves Motorsport?

MINI JCW:

Max Hall - EXCELR8
Dominic Wheatley – EXCELR8
Jamie Osborne - NAPA Racing UK
Lewis Selby - NAPA Racing UK
Chris Mackenzie - Bitcoin Racing
Trevor Keates – Mannpower Motorsport
Marlo Cordell – JamSport
Lydia Walmsley – Lydia Walmsley Racing
Nelson King – Laser Tools Racing
Cameron Richardson - NAPA Racing UK (JCW Sport)
Albert Webster – JRW Motorsport (JCW Sport)
Ben Crossley – JamSport (JCW Sport)

Of the series joining as a guest: Legends will probably be a capacity entry; the CTCRC Pre-66 field attracted 30+ entries for its season opener this weekend; Mini Miglias and Mini Se7ens both achieved 30+ entries this weekend; the MINI Trophy I would expect a field in the middle-to-high 20s. Caterhams and Radicals I know very little about.

Last edited by SSmith; 31 Mar 2024 at 19:37.
Old 31 Mar 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4203455)   #2643
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks as ever SSmith. F4 looks excellent and Carrera Cup should be a real close battle at the front. The other two are more worrying although I think there’s usually a late flourish with the Minis.
Old 31 Mar 2024, 19:25 (Ref:4203456)   #2644
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
I don’t agree with this.

Driver wise it looks great although it’s a shame we have lost a lot of drivers and some who want a drive can’t get one.

Team wise it’s poor. Good teams, poor numbers.

It doesn’t have anything to do with negative outlooks it’s just facts.
Out of the 20 announced entries, only 7 aren't previous race winners. Only 2/3 haven't had a podium (If Pearson didn't have to follow team orders at KH).
I would say there are only 4 drivers who genuinely don't have the ability/car to win a race - Osborne, Halstead, DeLeon and Sumpton.

I would say that is the best grid in a long, long time.
Old 31 Mar 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4203457)   #2645
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks as ever SSmith. F4 looks excellent and Carrera Cup should be a real close battle at the front. The other two are more worrying although I think there’s usually a late flourish with the Minis.
My pleasure!

I completely agree. All of the PCCGB Pro-rated drivers are capable of winning races. The F4 promoter and car changes made in 2022 to bring the UK more inline with F4 racing in Europe and the Middle East has borne fruit once again. Its important that there are 4 young women confirmed on the grid - Gademan, Chong, Lloyd and established talent Pulling

Last edited by SSmith; 31 Mar 2024 at 19:54. Reason: Correction
Old 31 Mar 2024, 21:54 (Ref:4203463)   #2646
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
My pleasure!

I completely agree. All of the PCCGB Pro-rated drivers are capable of winning races. The F4 promoter and car changes made in 2022 to bring the UK more inline with F4 racing in Europe and the Middle East has borne fruit once again. Its important that there are 4 young women confirmed on the grid - Gademan, Chong, Lloyd and established talent Pulling
Not sure if they're both confirmed, but there's actually 6 on the list if you include Emily Cotty & Chloe Grant
Old 31 Mar 2024, 21:57 (Ref:4203464)   #2647
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
Not sure if they're both confirmed, but there's actually 6 on the list if you include Emily Cotty & Chloe Grant
Actually, scrap that, I've just realised they're both marked as unconfirmed. Fingers crossed they'll be confirmed soon
Old 31 Mar 2024, 22:34 (Ref:4203466)   #2648
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oliver Cottam confirmed on his social media last week that he's shifted from TCR UK to the Porsche Sprint series for this year.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 08:41 (Ref:4203484)   #2649
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
There are several official test days for Porsche, MINI and F4 coming up during the first fortnight in April so we should hopefully get more of an understanding of how many entries to expect then. I'll try to keep an eye on any social media updates and TSL and will update these lists.

PCCGB has a very strong Pro category, I'd expect a few more Pro-Ams and maybe another couple of Ams to emerge during testing. F4 grid seems largely complete, there may be a few drivers who join late. Porsche Sprint Challenge announcements have been scarce although their season starts late at Snetterton owing to the late delivery dates for the new car. The MINI JCW field will likely be smaller this year as both Graves and Hybrid Tune won't be entering.

I have probably missed some announcements and, as ever, some entries may not materialise.

PCCGB:

Dan Lloyd - Toro Verde GT (Pro)
Jack Butel - Toro Verde GT (Pro-Am)
Hugo Ellis - Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Sid Smith - Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Stephen Jelley - Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Matthew Rees – Team Parker Racing (Pro)
Lee Mowle - Team Parker Racing (Am)
James Wallis - JTR (Pro) - Porsche GB Junior for 2024/2025
Josh Stanton - JTR (Pro-Am)
Andrew Rackstraw - JTR (Pro-Am?)
Josh Malin - Race Drive (Pro)
Oliver White - Race Drive (Pro-Am)
George Gamble – Rosland Gold by Century Motorsport (Pro)
Will Burns – Rosland Gold by Century Motorsport (Pro)

British F4: No official entry list yet so driver numbers may change – drivers marked[*] have appeared in official F4 tests but have not been confirmed as competing by the organisers.

#3 - Nina Gademan (NED) - Fortec
#8 - Kai Daryanani (IND) – Fortec
#48 – Alex Berg (CAN) - Fortec
#4 - Mika Abrahams (RSA) - Hitech Pulse-Eight
#5 - Reza Seewooruthun (GBR) - Hitech Pulse-Eight
#6 – Gabriel Stilp (GBR) – Hitech Pulse-Eight[*]
#7 - Deagen Fairclough (GBR) - Hitech Pulse-Eight
#9 – Emily Cotty (GBR) – Phinsys by Argenti[*]
#42 - Rowan Campbell-Pilling (GBR) – Phinsys by Argenti
#56 - Yuanpu Cui (CHN) – Phinsys by Argenti
#87 – Matus Ryba (SVK) – Phinsys by Argenti[*]
#11 - Chloe Chong (GBR) - JHR
#22 - Joel Bergstrom (SWE) – JHR
#33 - Leo Robinson (ALG) - JHR
#44 - Ella Lloyd (GBR) - JHR
#9 - Abbi Pulling (GBR) - Rodin
#12 - Alex Ninovic (AUS) - Rodin
#18 - James Higgins (GBR) - Rodin
#78 - Jack Sherwood (GBR) – Rodin
#23 – Zack Scoular (UAE) – Xcel Motorsport
#17 – Maxwell Dodds (GBR) – Virtuosi Racing[*]
#24 – Martin Molnar (HUN) – Virtuosi Racing
#99 – Yuhao Fu (CHN) – Virtuosi Racing
#66 – Chloe Grant (GBR) – Chris Dittmann Racing[*]
#77 – Bart Harrison (GBR) – Chris Dittmann Racing

Porsche Sprint Challenge GB (season starts at Snetterton):

Will Jenkins - Team Parker Racing
Oscar Dix - Team Parker Racing
Oliver Meadows – Team Parker Racing
George Jaxon - JW Bird
Darelle Wilson - JW Bird
Max Coates - Graves Motorsport?

MINI JCW:

Max Hall - EXCELR8
Dominic Wheatley – EXCELR8
Jamie Osborne - NAPA Racing UK
Lewis Selby - NAPA Racing UK
Chris Mackenzie - Bitcoin Racing
Trevor Keates – Mannpower Motorsport
Marlo Cordell – JamSport
Lydia Walmsley – Lydia Walmsley Racing
Nelson King – Laser Tools Racing
Cameron Richardson - NAPA Racing UK (JCW Sport)
Albert Webster – JRW Motorsport (JCW Sport)
Ben Crossley – JamSport (JCW Sport)

Of the series joining as a guest: Legends will probably be a capacity entry; the CTCRC Pre-66 field attracted 30+ entries for its season opener this weekend; Mini Miglias and Mini Se7ens both achieved 30+ entries this weekend; the MINI Trophy I would expect a field in the middle-to-high 20s. Caterhams and Radicals I know very little about.
Because I have other things to do on a Sunday I often record the itv4 coverage and speed through some bits unwatched so I don’t watch all the support categories. Will definitely want to see the Porsche series this year with all those familiar names . However the last few seasons have thrown up real young talent and it’s to be hoped this isn’t stifled by the evergrowing trend for ex touring car drivers looking for a cheaper alternative . Remember this is also a nursery series for sone with serious intent in the GT world. F4 looks strong in numbers but often find the racing too messy and too many Mini races have ended in budget wrecking accidents . Not worried by low numbers as this and the caymans will be supplemented by semi pro drivers who join in without the usual fanfare .
Old 1 Apr 2024, 08:51 (Ref:4203485)   #2650
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Out of the 20 announced entries, only 7 aren't previous race winners. Only 2/3 haven't had a podium (If Pearson didn't have to follow team orders at KH).
I would say there are only 4 drivers who genuinely don't have the ability/car to win a race - Osborne, Halstead, DeLeon and Sumpton.

I would say that is the best grid in a long, long time.
If Thompson Zelos and maybe Proctor were added it would be doubly so , all 3 lack finance but could take on the established set . Bit harsh on Osborne who needs to temper his driving a little but with that car he definitely stands a chance in a reverse grid race .