Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Aug 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3115924)   #1176
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
...about future on official BBS of Dome.
However, it is unknown whether tie-up is realized.
What does 'BBS' stand for?
Old 4 Aug 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3115952)   #1177
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
What does 'BBS' stand for?
bulletin board system!

supplement
*These negotiations are premised on the alternative (not Judd) engine.
*Hayashi has a prospect negative about whether a tie-up is realized.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3115958)   #1178
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Dome missed the boat a little bit. If they had gone looking for customers after demonstrating the S102 the first time instead of using it as a showcase to attract a manufacturer, there might have been a few takers. Now...who's going to invest in a car that's legal for one year?
Old 4 Aug 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3115960)   #1179
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
They probably don't know themselves .

They won't race unless its a proper team, who won't embarrass them.
I think you're right! And that is part of the reason why I'm a DOME fan, I love the "no bull****" way Hayashi runs the team. Just the fact they themselves released detailed windtunnel pictures when they developed the S102.5 is such a nice contrast to what everyone els in modern racing does!
Old 4 Aug 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3115963)   #1180
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I think Dome missed the boat a little bit. If they had gone looking for customers after demonstrating the S102 the first time instead of using it as a showcase to attract a manufacturer, there might have been a few takers. Now...who's going to invest in a car that's legal for one year?
They did have serious conversation for a team to run it!?, i can't remember if it was for the 2009 or the 2010 season.

Besides, we don't know what the cost of running or buying the car is. It can't be cheap when it's a one of, and parts therefor can't be mass produced like other manufactures can.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3115991)   #1181
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
bulletin board system!
Ah )) ...that got me confused, since Dome don't even use BBS wheels
Old 6 Aug 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3116587)   #1182
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dome is apperentely in the wind tunnel with the S102.5 again:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Poor Google translation:
Quote:
Today and tomorrow, we have carried out wind tunnel tests of S102.5.
In the morning, set the model to the wind tunnel.
Earlier, I was experimenting with subtle shape differences between the underside of the front.
The coverage of tomorrow.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3116608)   #1183
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Dome is apperentely in the wind tunnel with the S102.5 again:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Poor Google translation:
*We did the comparative test of the delicate difference in the front undersurface.
*We will report tomorrow also.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3116617)   #1184
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
*We did the comparative test of the delicate difference in the front undersurface.
*We will report tomorrow also.
Thank you

Sounds like Dome is really hoping someone will race the S102.5 with a proper engine.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3116631)   #1185
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Dome is not looking for people to buy the car. Just a good team to run it.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3116721)   #1186
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Why doesn't DOME chase a HPD engine? Really stick it to Toyota!
Because, to my knowledge, the HPD engine and chassis are still tied together as a package. No HPD chassis, no HPD engine. I don't like it but it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Dome is not looking for people to buy the car. Just a good team to run it.
This. If they find a good team to run the car, then hopefully (I'm extrapolating a lot here) they can make the Judd work or provide enough funding to drop another engine into it (Toyota RV8?)

Last edited by aneesh99; 6 Aug 2012 at 16:29.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3116735)   #1187
pedrocor
Rookie

Portugal
Braga, Portugal
pedrocor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Because, to my knowledge, the HPD engine and chassis are still tied together as a package. No HPD chassis, no HPD engine. I don't like it but it is what it is.
I think is the other way around. You must fit a Honda engine on HPD chassis. In 2011 Honda sold engines to Level 5 fit in their pair of Lola chassis, in LMP2.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3116738)   #1188
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post

This. If they find a good team to run the car, then hopefully (I'm extrapolating a lot here) they can make the Judd work or provide enough funding to drop another engine into it (Toyota RV8?)
Henri Pescarolo has commented on the price of the HPD engine, so it must be available for other chassis than the HPD.

Remember Dome is not interested in running the car themselves, they wish to have another team doing the work for them. That includes supplying the engine, which cannot be a Judd.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3117484)   #1189
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Today, we analyzed PIV (particle image velocimetry) of S102.5 in the wind tunnel. This is the method of flowing tracer particle and conducting image analysis by laser. We will release this analysis data later.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dome-R...7207190&type=1
Old 8 Aug 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3117488)   #1190
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Today, we analyzed PIV (particle image velocimetry) of S102.5 in the wind tunnel. This is the method of flowing tracer particle and conducting image analysis by laser. We will release this analysis data later.
Thanks again Japanese Samurai, you efforts are truly appreciated! .
Old 22 Aug 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3122965)   #1191
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Dome's Facebook,
Dome S102.5 has arrived at Maizuru/Kyoto (Dome's factory).
Old 22 Aug 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3122981)   #1192
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Motor Fan Illustrated magazine reports Hiroshi Yuchi (engineer of Dome)'s Le Mans report.
Yuchi says that the transit speed of the Porsche curve of S102.5 (2012, Race/soft tire) was faster than S102 (2008, Qualifying/QF tire) 20km/h.
This shows the cornering performance of S102.5.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3122990)   #1193
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Motor Fan Illustrated magazine reports Hiroshi Yuchi (engineer of Dome)'s Le Mans report.
Yuchi says that the transit speed of the Porsche curve of S102.5 (2012, Race/soft tire) was faster than S102 (2008, Qualifying/QF tire) 20km/h.
This shows the cornering performance of S102.5.
I would love to see Dome building a works effort. The S102 and S102.5 show they have the potential to build great cars!
Old 22 Aug 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3122999)   #1194
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah.. Put a better engine in it and bring it back to the race tracks!
Old 22 Aug 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3123002)   #1195
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
According to Dome's Facebook,
Dome S102.5 has arrived at Maizuru/Kyoto (Dome's factory).
No big rush to get it back , eh .
Old 22 Aug 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3123003)   #1196
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I would love to see Dome building a works effort. The S102 and S102.5 show they have the potential to build great cars!
The S101 was a great car , and nothing much ever happened after that .
Old 28 Aug 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3126230)   #1197
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Minoru Hayashi tweets that Dome will release "a certain news" at the end of this month.
http://twitter.com/dome_hayashi/stat...76515089182720

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 28 Aug 2012 at 09:04.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3126241)   #1198
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Minoru Hayashi tweets that Dome will release "a certain news" at the end of this month.
http://twitter.com/dome_hayashi/stat...76515089182720
Uh! hope it's the news we all want to hear
Old 28 Aug 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3126272)   #1199
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please let it be an entry in the Fuji WEC round, or at least a team running their car for next year.

But they have ideas for a S103 as mentioned in Racecar Engineering...
Old 28 Aug 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3126491)   #1200
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Interesting...