Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Jul 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2930884)   #76
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I kept some sort of company for Bill at Copse out flag point but it was too cold & windy to spend too much time there (Friday & Saturday). He enjoyed himself, though - or was that because I wasn't there???!!!

Great meeting and glad I could do the small service of delivering breakfasts to race control and the chief flag team. I'll stick to "PieLady" rather than "BaconRollLady" however!!!!!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 13:03 (Ref:2930888)   #77
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great meeting as always, Saturday was a long day but notifed well in advance so should have been no surprise to anyone. I was at Ped. Bridge (or whatever fancy name it has now) on Saturday and Stowe-in flagpoint on Sunday, so I got to see the Group Cs round Woodcote & up the North Pit Straight and also down Hanger and around Stowe - magic!

Thanks to all on Ped. Bridge and Stowe. We had some Taster Day trainees join us at Stowe on Sunday pm and one (George) came to flag with me. He admits to being hooked!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2930908)   #78
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a great weekend - Vale Out friday (luckily, no repeat of the Britcar crashfest I endured when last there!) and Brooklands on saturday. Good team on both days with all incidents swiftly dealt with. Quite a wake up call seeing an F1 car lock it's brakes & head towards us at 180mph but thankfully the gravel trap did it's job!

Had a good look around with my family on Sunday, so much to see, could have done with another day. Very enjoyable evening at Delta's BBQ on friday, good to catch up with people & meet some new faces.

Downsides? The ridiculously small campsite, with no showers or toilets. And thankfully I didn't make the trek to the hogroast on saturday but was appalled to hear the vouchers didn't cover the cost of a pork roll. Nice to know we're appreciated.....

But seeing the Group C cars race into dusk was worth everything!!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2930952)   #79
stephen0183
Rookie

England
Nottinghamshire
stephen0183 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flagging at Woodcote on Friday, then incident on Abbey Pit Straight Outside on Sunday.
Not a lot to do yesterday other than deal with one car pulling off and soaking up the Sun!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2931037)   #80
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best entertainment was probably the game of guessing the nonentity in the so called "celebs" race.

clip of the roll here http://www.itv.com/anglia/silverston...car-flip30357/

How on earth these all got through an ARDS test is beyond me - their inability to recognise or act on a chequered flag or safety car in qualifying would normally have led to a trip upstairs, but if they'd all been sent home the race would have been scrubbed.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2931067)   #81
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How on earth these all got through an ARDS test is beyond me
The assumption is that they actually passed an ARDS test rather than gained a license.

Old 25 Jul 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2931080)   #82
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
The assumption is that they actually passed an ARDS test rather than gained a license.

Still learning, what does ARDS stand for and what is it.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2931087)   #83
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought it was brillioant weekend and loved the celebrity race it showed how hard it is to do the racing driver thing well and not all of them were usless the top five were really on it
Old 25 Jul 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2931091)   #84
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a fantastic weekend. Well done indeed to the organisers. There was so much going on.
Wellington Straight on the Friday. Listened to 4 concerts while each band did their sound checks! Listening to "Queen's" One Vision while the F1 cars were qualifying was something else. Then there was Bob Berridge storming down the Wellington Straight, in the Sauber Mercedes, in the wetFinally, the Delta BBQ, what a day.
Saturday/Sunday at Village. The big grids were great, but they made flagging at village hard work, and then we had Mr Blisett "that's not what we mean by a rolling start!". Well done to the incident crews at Village/The Loop for all their hard work.
Probably, overall, the best meeting I've been to yet.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2931094)   #85
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
See http://www.ards.co.uk

Old 25 Jul 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2931095)   #86
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
ARDS is the test you take to get a racing licence
Old 26 Jul 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2931293)   #87
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I see, thanks.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2931355)   #88
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=HairyDJ;2931037]Best entertainment was probably the game of guessing the nonentity in the so called "celebs" race.[QUOTE]

I know Sally Traffic (Radio2) was one of them...
Old 26 Jul 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2931363)   #89
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She was going that slow I think she was probably doing her traffic report as she was racing.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2931387)   #90
zakeriath
Racer

Wales
Swansea
zakeriath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I wonder who the driver trainers were.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2931432)   #91
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to the Daily Mail (so must be true), Jo Wood passed her ARDS but didn't receive her actual licence in time so wasn't able to race.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2931439)   #92
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Further thought from this event: how does HairyDJ always end up ahead of us in any queue we join?? Morning or evening - it doesn't matter. And why are we always about 2 behind him ??
Old 26 Jul 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2931495)   #93
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would once again like to take this opportunity of thanking all the marshals for the weekend. I know they were long days and I think I was to blame for the rain on the Friday, at least you will be pleased to know I got soaked.

Delta's BBQ on Friday was excellent, so once again thanks to all the drivers who contributed to the drinks.

A special thank you to all the flag marshals who left the SC boards and flags right on the edge of the circuit, it made our lives that much easier collecting them each evening. I am not sure about leaving an extinguisher in the middle on Stowe on Sunday evening, if it had been Saturday we would probably have hit it in the dark! Please bare in mind that cars do have to go out after meetings and it would be helpful if you leave things at the edge of the circuit and not on the circuit.

We were kindly given 7 trips to McLaren GP and the lucky winners were:- Simon Morris, Stephen Gomm, Owen Waller, Keith Eeles, Dave Muscroft, John Barkham and Phil Rowlands.

I have noted the problems with hog roast tickets and will ensure this is passed back at our debrief. If anyone else has any comments then please either email or PM me and I will make sure it gets mentioned.

Once again on behalf of myself, HSCC, Goose and all the drivers thank you for all your help.

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal - HSCC - Silverstone Classic
Old 26 Jul 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2931502)   #94
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Further thought from this event: how does HairyDJ always end up ahead of us in any queue we join?? Morning or evening - it doesn't matter. And why are we always about 2 behind him ??

Coz one of you is stalking me - and i'm still trying to work out who
Old 29 Jul 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2932875)   #95
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanted to pass on a thank you from Ian Moore the MSA steward for the Silverstone Classic as below.
Can you please say a 'Big Thank You' to all the Marshals for being with us over the weekend. It was a very long weekend and without them, the meeting would not have taken place.
I have also passed all feedback about the campsite I have received on to the Classic organisers and have been promised that these will not re-occur next year; they send apologies to any marshals who experienced problems. Showers will be provided for the marshals next year and they are looking into parking and transport issues.
I am aware that the classic is very long days and we faced a number of challenges this year running from both pit and paddock complexes. On the whole the event went a lot more smoothly than I was expecting and this is in no small measure due to the time and effort put in by all marshals – so thank you.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2932936)   #96
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskench View Post
I wanted to pass on a thank you from Ian Moore the MSA steward for the Silverstone Classic as below.
Can you please say a 'Big Thank You' to all the Marshals for being with us over the weekend. It was a very long weekend and without them, the meeting would not have taken place.
I have also passed all feedback about the campsite I have received on to the Classic organisers and have been promised that these will not re-occur next year; they send apologies to any marshals who experienced problems. Showers will be provided for the marshals next year and they are looking into parking and transport issues.
I am aware that the classic is very long days and we faced a number of challenges this year running from both pit and paddock complexes. On the whole the event went a lot more smoothly than I was expecting and this is in no small measure due to the time and effort put in by all marshals – so thank you.

To anyone reading the above, it was an e-mail sent by Penny Norris, Marshals and Events Administrator at Silverstone Circuit
Old 29 Jul 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2933012)   #97
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
For a minute I thought Chris had been making friends in high places

As well as Penny's note I also got one from the organisers seeking feedback - survey is aimed at the punters, but it's still a chance to have your say on the event
http://mediajunctionadv.polldaddy.co...or-survey-2011

Not the most balanced of choices in some cases - reminds me of Jim Bowen on Bullseye - choices of "great / smashing / super" and only 1 non-positive option
Old 30 Jul 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2933295)   #98
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
For a minute I thought Chris had been making friends in high places

As well as Penny's note I also got one from the organisers seeking feedback - survey is aimed at the punters, but it's still a chance to have your say on the event
http://mediajunctionadv.polldaddy.co...or-survey-2011

Not the most balanced of choices in some cases - reminds me of Jim Bowen on Bullseye - choices of "great / smashing / super" and only 1 non-positive option
yea just trying too see if you notice
Old 30 Jul 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2933475)   #99
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
Coz one of you is stalking me - and i'm still trying to work out who
Bill says that for sure it is NOT him. Therefore it must be me - but obviously only for the hair ?